toldailytopic: Does your opinion about homosexuality change if the behavior turns out

Livelystone

Homsexuality is contrary to God who is life'

Obviously if Adam had been gay there would be not be a human race today.

For homosexuality to be a genetic thing is an oxymoron....... a homsexual cannot pass on anything other than STD's because they cannot procreate,

Homosexuality is a lust of the flesh and that is the only "natural" thing about it.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I am very argumentative, yes. If I didn't care though I wouldn't be arguing the issue full stop. I responded to you with aggressively and dismissively because you were making claims about my character.
"...what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse..,"
-Romans 1:19-20

I assumed nothing. The word of God says it, I believe it.

Skavau

"...what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse..,"
-Romans 1:19-20

I assumed nothing. The word of God says it, I believe it.
Then discussion with you is pointless. You refuse to accept that my motives are or could be anything other than negative or low in some fashion. I will still treat you with contempt for saying it no matter where you derive it from.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Then discussion with you is pointless. You refuse to accept that my motives are or could be anything other than negative or low in some fashion. I will still treat you with contempt for saying it no matter where you derive it from.
You aren't listening to what I'm saying. You are only hearing what you want to hear.

I don't refuse to accept your motives are negative or low, in fact I know they aren't.

Skavau

You aren't listening to what I'm saying. You are only hearing what you want to hear.

I don't refuse to accept your motives are negative or low, in fact I know they aren't.

By insisting that I am in denial, or lying to myself or whatever you smear my intent and beliefs. It means that you only think that when I have these discussions or debates that I am trying to save face, or convince myself and it means it is impossible for you to approach this objectively.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
By insisting that I am in denial, or lying to myself or whatever you smear my intent and beliefs. It means that you only think that when I have these discussions or debates that I am trying to save face, or convince myself and it means it is impossible for you to approach this objectively.
You're trying to convince yourself, but you don't even think you need to convince yourself. You believe you're already convinced. You're unaware of your unbelief in your beliefs.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You assume that the words in the bible are the "word of God". So to claim that you assume nothing is to be somewhat less than honest.
You assume that I assume. Assumption is not my forté. I don't assume, I commune.

TeeJay

=Knight;2788430]The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for September 16th, 2011 10:12 AM

toldailytopic: Does your opinion about homosexuality change if the behavior turns out to be genetic?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Perhaps I got in on this too late? But I must post in response to it (better late than never).

Would we be asking the same question about a man who has a propensity to rape, rob banks, or murder? I think not. I'm Irish, and I can't handle alcohol. Will God excuse me if I become a filthy drunkard? I think not.

Most homosexual men are recruited into the homosexual community by being molested by a homosexual men.

Coach Sandusky is a homosexual but you will never read in any news release that he is one. Rather they label him a “child molester.” But God calls him a sodomite. The homosexual men who were allowed to become priests in the Catholic Church are homosexuals, but the media fails to label them so.

In Luke 13, Jesus used the news of the day to teach moral principles. Just as it was tragic that “Pilate had mingled the blood of Galileans with their sacrifices,” so too, we have the tragedy of Penn. State. So we can use this news of the day to correct our moral compass.

Not one single boy, in the history of man, has ever been molested by a heterosexual man. No boys have ever been molested by a bi-sexual man. All have been molested by homosexuals. The only time a heterosexual man gets excited about a boy is when his son or grandson hits a double and slides into second base. God says that when a man “lies with a male as with a woman,” he is a homosexual. Further, God proclaims this to be a crime punishable by death.

“You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination” (Lev. 18:22). “For whoever commits any of these abominations, the persons who commit them shall be cut off [put to death] from among their people” (Lev. 18:29).

By God’s definition, a “bi-sexual” man or woman can’t exist. When you commit the crime, you are labeled by that crime. Even though someone only occasionally rapes, he is a rapist by definition and not a “bi-rapist.” If someone robs just one bank, he is a bank robber and not a “bi-bank robber.” If he lies with just one human of the same sex, he has committed the crime of homosexuality; he is a homosexual, and he should be put to death.

Some Christians (and homosexual advocates) argue that Jesus did not mention homosexuality so it’s not really an issue today. But neither did Jesus mention kidnapping, deadly negligence, capital perjury, bestiality, incest, rape, human sacrifice, manslaughter during a crime, or abortion—all death penalty crimes. Who would argue that any of these would not be an issue today? We must also reflect that Jesus warned that “till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled” (Mat. 5:18 & Luke 16:17). Jesus reminds us that He “rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed” the homosexuals living there (Luke 17:29). Peter used the phrase “filthy conduct” to describe those in Sodom and Gomorrah (2 Pet. 2:7). God uses “Sodom” spiritually in a very derogatory manner (Rev. 11: 8). Jude wrote that Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them are set forth as a warning to us (Jude 7). And, of course, Paul opens Romans in the first paragraph with, “Therefore God gave them [sodomites] up to uncleanness in the lust of their hearts to dishonor their bodies among themselves…” (Rom. 1:24). In light of the above, can we agree with God and move this issue to the front burner or at the very least put it back on the stove?

When we are “tolerant” of a crime, and do not follow God’s command to execute swift punishment, then we have to regulate crime. And regulating crimes is very difficult to do. By not obeying God, we then have to pass laws to regulate illegal, immoral activity. “Should homosexuals be wrestling coaches?” “Should they be Boy Scout leaders?” “Should they be youth pastors?” And the list goes on. “Permit me a little folly,” as Paul wrote: Imagine being tolerant of rape (which is not beyond the pale). “If you rape a woman, you have to provide a warm, dry hotel room.” “If she has the flu, you can’t rape her.” And, “all women have Sunday off. No rape is allowed on Sunday.”

Legalization and the unavoidable regulation of crime are not without unintended consequences. For the past 30 years, Coach Sandusky has been allowed to sodomize boys. While he is being charged with the “molesting” (which is really sodomizing) of eight boys, his young victims probably number in the thousands. Joe Paterno and others at this college are complicit and guilty in the crimes. There is no neutrality with God. Either you are “for Him or against Him” and if you “do not gather, you scatter” (Luke 11:23). Winning football games is more important than saving these poor young boys from this pervert. His victims are now grown and perpetuating his crimes by molesting new victims.

Sadly, it is not just unbelievers, Hollywood, the news media, and politicians who have bought in to the idea that we must be “tolerant” towards homosexuals; it is also our church leaders who have caved. Years ago, for example, James Dobson gave in to the homosexual community in Colorado when he said, “Homosexuals should not have special rights. They should have equal rights. When he deemed his opinion had more authority than God’s law, he lost the war.

At first blush, God’s law may seem too harsh. But long term, His law is more merciful. Just look at the millions around the world and in America who have died from all manner of sexually transmitted diseases as well as other communicable diseases. Even more tragic are the millions of souls who are in Hell awaiting judgment due to nicer-than-God Christians who fail to warn the homosexual that he is a pervert who will spend an eternity in Hell apart from His Creator God. Instead, we tell him that we “celebrate his lifestyle” and teach “love the sinner and hate the sin.” This last phrase is not in the Bible. It’s a cliché’ and for some unknown reason, clichés take precedence over God’s word.

Tolerant Christians do not really love homosexuals. If they did, they would tell them the truth. When unbelievers do not see God’s justice here on earth, it becomes increasingly difficult for them to believe in a just God in heaven who will punish the wicked and reward the just. And God’s moral law is our number one evangelical tool to get people saved. Paul wrote, that the law is “our tutor” to show us our wickedness and convince us that we are in need of a savior. Instead, the news media, Hollywood, politicians, and sadly our Christian leaders have convinced homosexuals that they are most wonderful of creatures. Why should they repent and accept Jesus if we first convince them that they have no need of Jesus?

Tom