toldailytopic: Do you believe God has planned out the rest of your life in every deta

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It isn't meant to be a "trick" question or to back you into a corner. I guess I'm trying to figure out some sort of dividing line. Maybe I shouldn't be...:)

When God created man, he was given a secondary, causal and moral agency, and the human responsibility to conform his will to the sovereign will of God.

Adam abused his moral agency and responsibilities, and rebelled against the will of God; thereby causing sin.

Same with all of us; because we have all been corrupted by sin and are therefore unwilling and unable to obey God and do His will. Our human wills are held in bondage to serving the devil rather than God.

Only by the saving grace of God and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, are our wills freed and our hearts enabled to desire to serve the righteousness of God.

And even then, we remain sinners, and must daily choose to walk according to the Spirit and not the flesh.

God is totally aware of our plight and all the actions we will take, but nothing can thwart his will and purposes . . . God brings good and achieves His will, despite our sins. Spiritual principle: Genesis 50:20

God tolerates sin and wicked men, in order to make His power known. (Romans 9:17)

Nang

Last edited:

tudorturtl

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 2nd, 2012 10:53 AM

toldailytopic: Do you believe God has planned out the rest of your life in every detail?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Awesome question! at first it seems a simple question but really requires a lot of thought. It seems easy to say yes seeing that Jesus said that not a sparrow falls to the ground without his knowledge and that even the very hairs of your head are counted.
At the same time, I believe we have fee-will because if we don't then spreading the gospel is just an exercise in futility, and love is just an idol of sorts, for we can have only what we are "programmed" to have.
I think the trouble actually is in the word plan, as it would pertain to God,being very different than it would pertain to you and me.
He sees the end from the beginning, He "knit" us together in the womb. he knows us as intimately as he knows himself because we were created in him,for him and through him.
my mind compared to his is so infinitely small that (if I am going to be honest) the only answer I can give in truth is: I just don't know!

sky.

BANNED
Banned
When God created man, he was given a secondary, causal and moral agency, and the human responsibility to conform his will to the sovereign will of God.

Adam abused his moral agency and responsibilities, and rebelled against the will of God; thereby causing sin.

Same with all of us; because we have all been corrupted by sin and are therefore unwilling and unable to obey God and do His will. Our human wills are held in bondage to serving the devil rather than God.

Only by the saving grace of God and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, are our wills freed and our hearts enabled to desire to serve the righteousness of God.

And even then, we remain sinners, and must daily choose to walk according to the Spirit and not the flesh.

God is totally aware of our plight and all the actions we will take, but nothing can thwart his will and purposes . . . God brings good and achieves His will, despite our sins. Spiritual principle: Genesis 50:20

God tolerates sin and wicked men, in order to make His power known. (Romans 9:17)

Nang

I really don't know what that is (the bolded part).

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't know how "Calvinist's" live their life. As far as I know all of us make choices that have a practical implication on our life. Good choices have a positive effect and bad bad choices have a negative effect but none of them changes God's knowledge.
What you call our choice is just an illusion.
I don't know the Bible doesn't say.
How tall are the pyramids?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I really don't know what that is (the bolded part).

God created man in His image, meaning man was made consciously moral like God (being humanly aware of right from wrong) in contrast to animals who have no such awareness. This conscious human awareness of right and wrong, made man responsible and accountable before God, to live accordingly.

IOW's, the actions and willful choices of Adam would have moral cause and effect upon his life and surrounds, that were expected to harmonize with the good and righteous will of God.

Failure on the part of Adam to act and choose to live righteously, would certainly cause negative effect against Adam's and all creation's well being.

If Adam had been created with no higher intellect and moral agency (conscious will) than all the other brute beasts, he would not have been held accountable by God to cause moral effect in this world . . . But Adam was not created a brute beast, but rather was created good, in the image of the good Creator; humanly responsible to care for his surroundings and to exercise dominion over all the other creatures; effecting their welfare and thus answerable to God in this responsible capacity.

Adam was not content with these blessings and role given to him by God, but desired more and wanted to be equal with God, and such vanity of mind was his downfall . . . Thus all of creation has suffered the results of his sinful rebellion.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
How is a man wicked or innocent if he is controlled and does
not choose to either do evil or righteous deeds?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
God created man in His image, meaning man was made consciously moral like God (being humanly aware of right from wrong) in contrast to animals who have no such awareness. This conscious human awareness of right and wrong, made man responsible and accountable before God, to live accordingly.

HOW's, the actions and willful choices of Adam would have moral cause and effect upon his life and surrounds, that were expected to harmonize with the good and righteous will of God.

Failure on the part of Adam to act and choose to live righteously, would certainly cause negative effect against Adam's and all creation's well being.

If Adam had been created with no higher intellect and moral agency (conscious will) than all the other brute beasts, he would not have been held accountable by God to cause moral effect in this creation . . . But Adam was not created a brute beast, but rather was created good, in the image of the good Creator; humanly responsible to care for his surroundings and to exercise dominion over all the other creatures; effecting their welfare and thus answerable to God in this responsible capacity.

Adam was not content with these blessings and role given to him by God, but desired more and wanted to be equal with God, and such vanity of mind was his downfall . . . Thus all of creation has suffered the results of his sinful rebellion.

I see. So Adam and Eve were born with the power of contrary choice (to do or not do the will of God) but they chose not to. We are born now without that power of contrary choice. I think that is Biblical. We have to be called by the will of God to be saved.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I see. So Adam and Eve were born with the power of contrary choice (to do or not do the will of God) but they chose not to. We are born now without that power of contrary choice. I think that is Biblical. We have to be called by the will of God to be saved.

:up:

Yes.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God does not change his mind. That's what a promise is.

Jeremiah 18

7 The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it, 8 if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it.

All Calvinists are outside the faith and hell bound. You are not a cosmic lottery winner. That is a false gospel and a false Jesus.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jeremiah 18
7 The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it, 8 if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it.

Isn't it a pity for false gospels how they have to stack up against the truth else they get mocked?

:think:

:mock: Calvinists.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Jeremiah 18

All Calvinists are outside the faith and hell bound. You are not a cosmic lottery winner. That is a false gospel and a false Jesus.

Since never in the history of this world, has an entire nation turned from its evil ways, it must be admitted this verse does not teach what you claim.

You would do well to read the entire chapter in order to gain knowledge of the context surrounding these words of Jeremiah. If you would go to the bother to read all of Jeremiah Chapter 18, you will find the prophet was issuing warnings of national judgment from Sovereign God against the elect nation of Israel, who produced only a very small remnant of souls who truly repented from their sins.

Verses 7 and 8 are meant (in hypothetical language) to reveal the impossibility of God changing His mind about Israel bringing disaster upon itself, for Omniscient God was fully aware they would never, as a nation, turn from their evil ways.

It is extremely dangerous to form beliefs on singular verses taken out of their context. Such practice always produces erroneous results, if not outright heresy.

Nang

skypeace

Free will inside His prescribed boundaries and limitations in regards to His Will.

Free will inside His prescribed boundaries and limitations in regards to His Will.

"An Ocean liner leaves New York bound for Liverpool. Its destination has been determined by proper authorities. Nothing can change it. This is at least a faint picture of sovereignty.

On board the Liner are several scores of passengers. These are not in chains, neither are their activities determined for them by decree. They are completely free to move about as they will. They eat, sleep, play, lounge about on the deck, read, talk, altogether as they please; but all the while the great Liner is carrying them steadily onward toward a predetermined port.

Both freedom and sovereignty are present here and they do not contradict each other. So it is, I believe, with man's freedom and the sovereignty of God. The mighty Liner of God's sovereign design keeps its steady course over the sea of history. God moves undisturbed and unhindered toward the fulfillment of those eternal purposes which He purposed in Christ Jesus before the world began. We do not know all that is included in those purposes, but enough has been disclosed to furnish us with a broad outline of things to come and to give us hope and firm assurance of future well-being." - A.W. Tozer

Works for me.
This in light of the quoted Scriptures works for me also.