toldailytopic: Do false predictions of end times affect the cause of Christ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fool

Hall of Fame
Kinda, I think there are some Christians that don't care about the environment because they think the end is near. I also think there are some Humanists that don't care about people becuase they think the environment is going to colapse.
I think they egg each other on and wind up making more noise which dosen't help.

john w

Hall of Fame
2 Peter 3:

3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

I'm encouraged-it helps me, as it verifies the book.

What, 400 years or so from the time when Malachi was written, and the time "the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us?"

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Date-setters are like 'the little boy that cryed wolf'.

Heb 10:37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

That was written about two-thousand years ago, and yet, He has not come.
It doesn't mean that He won't. He will......but false prophet/date-setters create more doubt in the overall truth of the matter.

Quincy

I just wish these guys would stop doing this. So many times you get your hopes up for some real change and it never happens. The story of our lives.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Too many kooks were already spoiling the broth imo. :think:
Interesting. I don't judge atheism's deficiency by the conduct of the worst or least rational of its adherents. :think:

To each his own, I suppose. I can see how that makes a particular inclination much easier to sustain though.

alwight

Interesting. I don't judge atheism's deficiency by the conduct of the worst or least rational of its adherents. :think:

To each his own, I suppose. I can see how that makes a particular inclination much easier to sustain though.
What deficiency is that TH and only one in your view, that's not too shabby then perhaps?

At least no atheist is currently longing for the world to be ended for their own selfish aims of an afterlife with a god, while the rest of us get to burn in hell forever. :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What deficiency is that TH
It's impact and function as a context by comparison, al. It's a lesser road any way you walk it. Faith is objectively, rationally superior as a framework for existence. From happiness to purpose, to the biological imperative contemplated by an active intelligence and the totality of this on a social compact. That one. :plain:

At least no atheist is currently longing for the world to be ended for their own selfish aims of an afterlife with a god, while the rest of us get to burn in hell forever. :plain:
How many sociopaths believe if God? :D That is to say, there are any number of atheists doing any number of foul things and thinking any number of self indulgent thoughts. Your blinkers are showing.

Else, that you think the Christian aim is selfish or hell some sadistic, simplistic show of force speaks to a willful want of understanding and is ironic enough, from the Christian perspective, when spoken by one makes himself the arbiter of morality...

:e4e:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Kinda, I think there are some Christians that don't care about the environment because they think the end is near. I also think there are some Humanists that don't care about people becuase they think the environment is going to colapse.
I think they egg each other on and wind up making more noise which dosen't help.

I think they throw eggs at each other while forgetting about the hungry. :confused:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
What deficiency is that TH and only one in your view, that's not too shabby then perhaps?

:nono: You should take a cold shower after that one. You have it mixed up. God does not force you with threats.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
How many sociopaths believe if God? :D T

No significant difference within groups. Now with the amoral narcissistic personality the self must come first, or the ego experiences decomposition. The epitome of narcissism, 'the world does not exist, if I am not in it'.

alwight

It's impact and function as a context by comparison, al. It's a lesser road any way you walk it. Faith is objectively, rationally superior as a framework for existence. From happiness to purpose, to the biological imperative contemplated by an active intelligence and the totality of this on a social compact. That one. :plain:
Even if what you say is true in practice regarding it being a "superior as a framework for existence" , which I rather doubt it is, that doesn't make theism any more of a truth or atheism any more false.

How many sociopaths believe if God? :D
God knows? :idunno:

That is to say, there are any number of atheists doing any number of foul things and thinking any number of self indulgent thoughts. Your blinkers are showing.
"self indulgent thoughts"??? :squint:
Atheists consist of all kinds of different people some good and some bad, living their lives in their own way and doing so with scant regard to not believing in gods.

Else, that you think the Christian aim is selfish or hell some sadistic, simplistic show of force speaks to a willful want of understanding and is ironic enough, from the Christian perspective, when spoken by one makes himself the arbiter of morality...

I was really only talking about individual Christians having kooky fundamentalist ideas and not about Christianity by and large, but if the cap fits...:e4e::D

zippy2006

Certainly. Every word uttered by someone claiming to be a follower of Christ affects the cause.

Mt 12:36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

alwight

:nono: You should take a cold shower after that one. You have it mixed up. God does not force you with threats.
I was actually talking about what some Christians have in mind, not your God, to which we can perhaps agree on here if for quite different fundamental reasons.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Some of atheists on here are already starting their bad mouthing using needless phrases like 'imaginary friends' to describe the godhead."
The atheists are out in full force mocking Christian beliefs today (2 Pet. 3:3, 4). A quick look at Twitter:

"Great "After The Rapture" video on front page of Nexus. Face reality and join us today!"

"Dear Christian: don't be sad rapture didn't happen. Come over to our party. We have cookies, & reality we'd like to share with you."
"Judgment Day party at Valhalla in Hells Kitchen NYC."

"This is like Santa all over the world at midnight, on a time zone by time zone basis! This is [#$%@!] amazing!"

"Kooks like date setters give Christians a bad name."
For every truth :reals: Satan has a counterfeit (1 Thess. 4:16, 17). They mix truth with error (Ga 5:9).

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

Because he prophesied falsely, do you believe he should be put to death? Deut. 13:1–10

Status
Not open for further replies.