toldailytopic: Christian Counceling: Good or Bad?

Letsargue

Oddly distracting punctuation aside, I think that's exactly right as far as you've set it out. And you managed it without insulting me or anyone reading. So I returned the favor.

Now are you suggesting that once someone is a member of the Body they don't need counselling by any other member, or are you in favor of it?

I can only go by what my Faith tells me. – I’m nearly 73, and in fair health, however at my age it would be the most foolish and selfish thing I could do to waste money for anything that is supposed to prolong my life to any extent. That would be taking life in that world from the much younger than I, who have already lived beyond the account that is given of 70 years, maybe more. Anyhow, the body is going to die, and there’s nothing that we can spend to stop it. - The Truth is always the Truth, and we are supposed to follow it with all that is in us. I believe if the Lord wants me to live longer, there’s nothing that can stop it for however long. --- Psalms 91:15-16 KJV --&-- Matthew 6:25 KJV --&-- 2 Corinthians 5:8 KJV -----//--- Though my carcass lives or dies, makes no difference to my place that is prepared. It has to be better than this!!
Whatever my purpose here is, I know it has been accomplished, whether it’s trying to save Souls, or judging the Souls that will not adhere to the Gospel!! We have done both, or neither.

Paul – 080612

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I can only go by what my Faith tells me. – I’m nearly 73, and in fair health, however at my age it would be the most foolish and selfish thing I could do to waste money for anything that is supposed to prolong my life to any extent. That would be taking life in that world from the much younger than I, who have already lived beyond the account that is given of 70 years, maybe more. Anyhow, the body is going to die, and there’s nothing that we can spend to stop it. - The Truth is always the Truth, and we are supposed to follow it with all that is in us. I believe if the Lord wants me to live longer, there’s nothing that can stop it for however long. --- Psalms 91:15-16 KJV --&-- Matthew 6:25 KJV --&-- 2 Corinthians 5:8 KJV -----//--- Though my carcass lives or dies, makes no difference to my place that is prepared. It has to be better than this!!
Whatever my purpose here is, I know it has been accomplished, whether it’s trying to save Souls, or judging the Souls that will not adhere to the Gospel!! We have done both, or neither.

Paul – 080612

I think that was a fine testimony, Paul. You should do more of that. I think you'd be amazed by the reception.

:e4e:

Letsargue

I think that was a fine testimony, Paul. You should do more of that. I think you'd be amazed by the reception.

:e4e:

Am I to impress someone? - Is that the motive for speaking?
That's just about me, and nothing is about me!!! - It's (( Still )) about Jesus Christ and His experiences, and His purposes.

Paul -- 080712

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Paul – 080612
How refreshing, like T/H posted, that is a fine testimony :e4e:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Christian Counceling: Good or Bad?

Good.

But, as with anything, some will not respond positively to it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Am I to impress someone? - Is that the motive for speaking?
Of course not and that's nothing like what I've said to you. What I'm did say was paying a compliment and making an observation. The compliment you got or you didn't. The observation is that when you aren't calling people names and really getting peculiar with format people will be more likely to listen and get something of value from what you're saying.

Do with it and make of it what you will. :e4e:

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Time to start another thread?
A4T was talking about Christian counseling, wasn't she? And even Inzl only referenced "liberal psychobabble", which isn't necessarily all non-Christian counseling. You could maybe pin Inzl down on that point, to be sure. But I bet "liberal psychobabble" didn't refer to all or even most non-Christian counseling.

I honestly think you're being oversensitive about this point and that's only reason I'm chiming in here. :idunno:

So I really do think you should start another thread and ask about non-Christian counseling. I'm sure you'll get some that dismiss it or give it a "bad". But I'm betting not as many as you think, so I'd like for you to have the opportunity to see that.

Now, on topic, for me? I see it pretty much like any other medical treatment. I'd rather my surgeon were a good, God-fearing, bible-believing Christian. But I doubt whether they are or not will have a huge impact on their ability to perform surgery. And I bet most of the folks around here see this much the same way.

:think:

Okay, maybe that's overreaching a bit. But you get the idea. :D

Letsargue

Probably ... though in many cases, I think a Christian and a non Christian counselor would give similar advice.

If Christian (( And )) Non-christian would give much the same advice, then what’s your difference between Christians and Non-christians?? - Then one can go to a Non-christian for Salvation counseling if you’re right!! - And don’t tell us that’s not what you (( Said ))!! - Do you know where the word “Doctrine” derives from?? – What word?? -- “Doctor” / “Counselor”. So to you there is no difference between Christian and Non-christian!! – Come on! - You know what you believe, or you could not have stated such a contradiction. It’s in your heart, whether you know it or not!!

Paul – 080712

Thunder's Muse

I honestly think you're being oversensitive about this point and that's only reason I'm chiming in here. :idunno:

So I really do think you should start another thread and ask about non-Christian counseling. I'm sure you'll get some that dismiss it or give it a "bad". But I'm betting not as many as you think, so I'd like for you to have the opportunity to see that.

I'm only replying to this cause it's you and well...you know...

It may suprise you but I'm actually not sensitive about this particular issue....let me finish :D .... I am full of joy about this whole subject... God placed an incredibly gifted Psychologist in my life as a direct answer to prayer. Praise God! He's amazing!

I'm simply finding myself incredibly irritated by certain members of late. For this reason, I am taking a holiday :) and spending some time 1 on 1 with God.

When I return, perhaps we can chat more about this...

Til then, be good and if you can't....I forget how that goes, now... :) xx

Letsargue

I'm only replying to this cause it's you and well...you know...

It may suprise you but I'm actually not sensitive about this particular issue....let me finish :D .... I am full of joy about this whole subject... God placed an incredibly gifted Psychologist in my life as a direct answer to prayer. Praise God! He's amazing!

I'm simply finding myself incredibly irritated by certain members of late. For this reason, I am taking a holiday :) and spending some time 1 on 1 with God.

When I return, perhaps we can chat more about this...

Til then, be good and if you can't....I forget how that goes, now... :) xx

You just threw out the Truth, and formed something for yourself!!

That, whoever you think you are, is ( impossible )!! - You claim that you are waiting for the coming of the Lord, yet you have a one on one with Him?????? – If not, what do you believe about that?? -- Please explain to us all, just how you achieve such a feat!! – You cannot have a “one on one” with God unless you’re standing ( face to face ) / ( “one on one” ) with Him!! - Have you ever heard the Truth about that?? – I think Not!! >>-- 1 Corinthians 13:12 KJV – “For ( “now” we see through a glass, darkly ); ( but then ) ( face to face ): now ( I know in part ); ( but then shall I know even as also I am known )”. -----//--- If you are still looking for the coming of Christ, as Paul ((( was ))), then how do you get the (( Upper hand )) on Paul there??

Paul – 080712

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
"Christian Counceling: Good or Bad?"

Good for Christians, and popular down South.

We are discussing counseling, not psychiatric intervention, right?

Letsargue

“Counsel” is what the speaker is referring to. - One can counsel anything. - A “Consultant” is a Counsel. - If you consult a fool about his foolishness, he will in turn Counsel you in Mormonism, or Atheism, or some other trash that he is a Counselor of. – However, if you want Jesus Christ to Counsel you through one of ( His ) Consultants / Counselors such as John or Paul, he will quote Scripture that he received and wrote!! – Now What?? --- Counsel me in your doctrine that I can debunk right off with the help of my Consultants / Counselors!!
There’s no way that you can crawl out from the mess you guys are in here without changing the Word of God!!

Paul – 080712

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame

For my part, I'm thinking both counseling and psychotherapy in my responses so far. I've had both, both were solid Christians and in both cases that made a big difference for me personally.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
You just threw out the Truth, and formed something for yourself!!

That, whoever you think you are, is ( impossible )!! - You claim that you are waiting for the coming of the Lord, yet you have a one on one with Him?????? – If not, what do you believe about that?? -- Please explain to us all, just how you achieve such a feat!! – You cannot have a “one on one” with God unless you’re standing ( face to face ) / ( “one on one” ) with Him!! - Have you ever heard the Truth about that?? – I think Not!! >>-- 1 Corinthians 13:12 KJV – “For ( “now” we see through a glass, darkly ); ( but then ) ( face to face ): now ( I know in part ); ( but then shall I know even as also I am known )”. -----//--- If you are still looking for the coming of Christ, as Paul ((( was ))), then how do you get the (( Upper hand )) on Paul there??

Paul – 080712
“Counsel” is what the speaker is referring to. - One can counsel anything. - A “Consultant” is a Counsel. - If you consult a fool about his foolishness, he will in turn Counsel you in Mormonism, or Atheism, or some other trash that he is a Counselor of. – However, if you want Jesus Christ to Counsel you through one of ( His ) Consultants / Counselors such as John or Paul, he will quote Scripture that he received and wrote!! – Now What?? --- Counsel me in your doctrine that I can debunk right off with the help of my Consultants / Counselors!!
There’s no way that you can crawl out from the mess you guys are in here without changing the Word of God!!

Paul – 080712
Letsargue, what are you going on about here? I honestly can't figure it out. It seems you're disagreeing with something but I just can't tell what. :idunno:

bybee

( WHAT )??
That's your answer?? - Is that all you can do to show all your friends that you're the genius that can ( Show me UP )?? - You're excused~, I understand~.

Paul -- 080612

AMR is always a gentleman. No doubt he didn't feel that he could add anything substantive to the discussion?