toldailytopic: Cats or dogs? Which is the smarter animal?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Smart dogs are smarter than most cats. Stupid dogs are dumber than most cats. On average I would say dogs have more potential.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
God gave cats 9 lives because they're dumb and they need them. Dog's are smarter and wiser because they age 7 years in one.

One Eyed Jack

Dogs are easier to train, but you don't really have to feed a cat, nor do they really need to be housebroken. Hunting food and hiding their poop are things they do instinctively. That being said, if you have a pet, you should still feed it, no matter how good they are at obtaining their own food.

dogs vs. cats, hm. Seeing as I don't believe that many forms of intelligence are in fact measurable in the realm of free-will, since a myriad swath of decisions and conclusions have equal validity, I have trouble weighing the intelligence of animals against other animals, or even humans against animals, much less humans against humans. Thereof, we can only say that cats and dogs simply have different personality traits or tendencies. The latter being a pack animal generally, and the former instinctualized toward solitary hunting, we can only expect both to generally fall into different vectors of functions which are socially reactionary.

textman

ideogenous_mover say: dogs vs. cats, hm ...
well said, im. i would also add that some people can be both pack animal and solitary hunter at the same time: both dog and cat! How does that work?