toldailytopic: Cat or dog? Which pet reigns supreme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
We own two cats and a dog.

I'm a dog guy--was raised with them, love their devotion, love my pit's goofiness mixed with her willingness to protect me and the wife at the drop of a hat. (No, we're not those reckless irresponsible mutants who bought a pit bull for the wrong reasons.)

Our cats are well and good, quite affectionate, and the most outgoing felines ever...as well as devilishly clever...but between the two species, I gotta go with the pooch every time.

Unless it's a pug.

Hate pugs.

I hope you never come home to this. :eek:

View attachment 16083

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
ragtag, I love those videos. I've seen one where the guy is sleeping and Simon tears up the place trying to catch a fly. :crackup:

Ryan Collins

Dog reigns supreme. I took in a cat (by marriage) and there is not a night that passes where I pray for the cat's death.

ragTagblues

ragtag, I love those videos. I've seen one where the guy is sleeping and Simon tears up the place trying to catch a fly. :crackup:

There brilliant aren't they. Apparently he just started doing comic strips of his Cat and his co-workers loved it and low and behold . . . .

And of course you mean this one which is also my fave . . .

Ha ha

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dogs think they are people. Cats think they are God. Easy call...

But they can still be friends. Shadow the Lab was put down April 8, 2010. He would have been 15 in July. The gray cat is the latest animal to show up looking for meal that Mrs. M feeds. He is having a hard time adjusting to indoor life.

View attachment 16078

View attachment 16079

View attachment 16080

Sorry to hear about your dog.

Love them cats. The gray one reminds me of my grandpa's gray cat "Smokey"

Cruciform

I can't choose between the two! I have both a dog and a cat, and love them both for different reasons.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Lon

Has a cat saved my bacon? Nope, turns his nose up.

I've had several dogs save my bacon numerous times.
Once, a horned bull (dog intervention from a powerful hurt).
Another, rat crawled up my leg in a ditch and the dog snatched it off.
Yet another, Dog came between me and a mother moose with baby.
When a child, my pup would grab a hold of Mom's arm to stop spankings.
Though we both got spanked, he never stopped.

Yep, I'll take dogs.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
We have twelve cats and two dogs. I like both, always have. Both have their own distinctive characteristics and their places in the scheme of things. I couldn't say that one is better than the other. They are what they are and they're different. They are my friends.

Cracked

I have a cat. His name is Gene (after Hackman and Wilder). He is very fat and has a short, crooked tail. Gene thinks my two year old daughter is his best friend, even though she is a bit rough on him.

He is a fine friend.

EDIT: Consider getting a cat from the pound. Nice cats there.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I love my current Dog Ziggy (black Lab) but I miss George!

Status
Not open for further replies.