toldailytopic: Can a saved person lose their salvation?

genuineoriginal

2 Corinthians 12:20-21
20For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:
21And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.​

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned

2 Corinthians 12:20-21
20For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:
21And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.​

Keep reading

This is the third time I am coming to you. EVERY FACT IS TO BE CONFIRMED BY THE TESTIMONY OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES. I have previously said when present the second time, and though now absent I say in advance to those who have sinned in the past and to all the rest as well, that if I come again I will not spare anyone, since you are seeking for proof of the Christ who speaks in me, and who is not weak toward you, but mighty in you. For indeed He was crucified because of weakness, yet He lives because of the power of God. For we also are weak in Him, yet we will live with Him because of the power of God directed toward you.

Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test?

genuineoriginal

Keep teaching people to do that which is honest, for their sakes, not for your own.

2 Corinthians 13:7
7Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.​

Jedidiah

John 8:34
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.​

Joel 2:32
...whoever calls on the name of the Lord Shall be saved...

Acts 2:21
...whoever calls on the name of the Lord Shall be saved...

Romans 10:13
...whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved...

zippy2006

I've already picked apart one of your posts filled with unsubstantiated scriptural references. I gave you translations, reasons supporting my position, and scriptural support. Apparently in return all you are able to do is, once again, drop a big wall of scripture and pretend it somehow supports your view. You ought to consider why you are unable to respond in kind to a reasoned rebuttal of your OSAS position. I have no interest in continuing to pick apart your walls of scripture. The Word of God is not that cheap to me.

Best,
-zip :e4e:

heir

TOL Subscriber
I've already picked apart one of your posts filled with unsubstantiated scriptural references. I have no interest in continuing to pick apart your walls of scripture.
You're a legend in your own mind. I get that.

I hope you get saved before you die or before the Body of Christ is caught up to meet the Lord in the air.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 KJV And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
So you think Paul contradicts himself?
That isn't what I was implying. I'm saying we disagree on how to interpret various passages of Paul.

I don't care what the religious zippy has to say. He ought to zip his lip. He is only hear to trouble others. He is in unbelief.

Ephesians 2:2 KJV Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
He is not in unbelief. He is a brother in Christ. :e4e:

Jedidiah

Don't forget the part about not putting a stumbling stone in front of others.
Some believers are "weak" and can perish if they try to follow the examples of the strong believers.
Dear genuineoriginal,

I forgot to ask you earlier.
Speaking fleshly.

What about the men who are not believers at all ?
But they act like "weak" believers, and they exploit true "weak" believers.
And what do you do, when you can't tell for sure which is which ?

Assuming imperfect knowledge, there are two risks, two errors.
One is too patient, and too charitable.
Actors slip through security and feast on the babes.
The other is too impatient, and too strict.
True "weak" believers get treated roughly and wolves are flayed.

Have you ever been treated harshly by genuine Christians ?
Have you ever been a victim of a cultist ?

I can tell you from personal experience which risk, is the correct risk to take.

In Him,
-Jed