toldailytopic: Blaze of glory, or comfortably in your sleep? How would you like to le

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 11th, 2011 09:02 AM

toldailytopic: Blaze of glory, or comfortably in your sleep? How would you like to leave this world?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 11th, 2011 09:02 AM

toldailytopic: Blaze of glory, or comfortably in your sleep? How would you like to leave this world?

Definitely in a blaze of glory. :AoO:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Definitely in a blaze of glory. :AoO:
OK, so lets hear your perfect "blaze of glory" scenario.

Do you jump into a crowd of terrorists and take out as many as you can with a butter knife?

Or....

Are you piloting a rocket that needs to intercept a oncoming meteorite to save the earth?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:plain:

54329-9202a8c04000641f800000000979b369slim-pickens_super.jpg

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd like to go comfortably in my sleep. Here's my ideal scenario--yes there's one. I am having a vivid dream about Jesus. He takes my hand and we walk though the pearl gate together. I never see this old Earth again.

Buzzword

How about neither?

I want my wife to be the last collection of matter which reflects light into my eyes before my brain shuts off.

Kinda hard for that to happen in either scenario.

GuySmiley

Definitely comfortably, in my sleep, like my grandfather did . . . not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hard to imagine anything more glorious or comforting than going this way:

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump
But if I must go before then, either way is OK by me!

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Blaze of glory, or comfortably in your sleep?
How would you like to leave this world?

Interesting topic question. I would like to answer both parts.

Blaze of glory? Maybe.
Fall dead after delivering a Sunday church servicemessage about the Resurrection Of Jesus from the dead.

Comfortably in your sleep? The best.
Cradled in the arms of Mrs Psalmist, and slip quietly away to be safe in the arms of Jesus, from the one of comfort to be with the other of blessed assurance and glorious grace.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
OK, so lets hear your perfect "blaze of glory" scenario.

Do you jump into a crowd of terrorists and take out as many as you can with a butter knife?

Or....

Are you piloting a rocket that needs to intercept a oncoming meteorite to save the earth?

I like both of these scenarios but, Tom O beat me to the punch with the Slim Pickins photo. Riding the A-bomb like its a bull :thumb: awesome...

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

ragTagblues

I would like to go knowing that I approached that corner just a little to fast and pushed the motorcycle and myself just a little beyond the limits . . . .

Something me and a friend have always agreed on . . . .

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Blaze of glory. Something involving high speed, lots of noise and fire, but not something that takes very long. Exciting, but quick. Leave a good story for the family. "Ate by shark" would work too. Bad way to go, but awesome story.

Status
Not open for further replies.