toldailytopic: Animal testing. Is it morally acceptable to experiment on animals to d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 12th, 2010 10:28 AM

toldailytopic: Animal testing. Is it morally acceptable to experiment on animals to develop products and medicines that benefit human beings?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

antiknight

It sickens me that you Nazi's even need to ask such a question.

You may as well have asked... Jew testing. Is it morally acceptable to experiment on Jews to develop products and medicines that benefit human beings?

Animals are living, breathing, creatures, that deserve to be protected.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

You may as well have asked... Jew testing. Is it morally acceptable to experiment on Jews to develop products and medicines that benefit human beings?

Do you propose we test on the unborn?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
God gave us the animals for our use. As with anything else God gives us, we are to be wise stewards. I think that using animals to test drugs and medicine that can save lives and treat genetic disorders is probably okay. Using animals to test beauty products in such a way that leads to undo suffering of the animal such as spraying something in its eyes I think crosses the line. When we have pets I do think that it is our obligation to the animal to make sure that has what it needs to be healthy.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
God gave us the animals for our use. As with anything else God gives us, we are to be wise stewards. I think that using animals to test drugs and medicine that can save lives and treat genetic disorders is probably okay. Using animals to test beauty products in such a way that leads to undo suffering of the animal such as spraying something in its eyes I think crosses the line. When we have pets I do think that it is our obligation to the animal to make sure that has what it needs to be healthy.

Well balanced and sane

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Even though I know this answer won't go over well, I am going to say it anyway. My preference for scientific experimentation would be to use inmates that have been convicted of rape, murder and child molestation.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

You promote animalism, the lowest form of the human soul. You equate testing on animals with people, because you are living on the level of an animal:down:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Even though I know this answer won't go over well, I am going to say it anyway. My preference for scientific experimentation would be to use inmates that have been convicted of rape, murder and child molestation.
How much testing can they do in 24 hours?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How is a monkey wearing lipstick torture to the monkey? Making him read posts from the autopilot is torture.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Maybe dress up those on death row in womens clothes and make up in an act of humiliation. And see how the eyeliner looks after high voltage passes through it.

Last edited:

nicholsmom

:thumb:

About cosmetics - there is no reason not to test them on volunteers - human ones.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm against animal testing unless the animal in question is applying for a job that requires a specific and testable skill--but really, how often does that happen? :plain:

Otherwise it's just another way to make animals feel badly about themselves...

Let the POTD contest begin. :D

About cosmetics - there is no reason not to test them on volunteers - human ones.
And really, what do animals know about cosmetics anyway? :think:

More seriously, I don't see a compelling reason to treat University of Tennessee fans any differently...well, much differently than, say, Mississippi fans (and by that I mean fans from or of any Mississippi school and not the state itself--assuming the latter is mathematically possible).

Aimiel

Animal testing is a necessary evil, at least at our current level of scientific knowledge. Thank God for what we've learned so far, about how to test pharmaceuticals and substances on animals to ascertain dosages and / or possible side-effects to watch for in human testing; that is: if the animal testing goes well enough. It's un-telling how many lives have been saved by drugs which were developed much more rapidly and safely, due to not having to do extended experimental testing on human subjects. Thank God for safe drugs and other useful chemical compounds. Thank God for Him having the wisdom to design animals for our use. :thumb:

bybee

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 12th, 2010 10:28 AM

toldailytopic: Animal testing. Is it morally acceptable to experiment on animals to develop products and medicines that benefit human beings?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

I am terribly conflicted over this issue. I cannot bear to cause harm to living creatures. I am told that animal experimentation is not necessary to further the aims of science to help us heal and be healthy. But I don't know the truth of it. bybee

bybee

What?

What?

What a disgusting thing to say. This is a valid topic for debate and discussion. If that is the calibur of your responses you need help! bybee

Sonrise

They do...Product testing is one of the things I do.

I love animals, especially dogs. We couldn't even bear allowing testing on our deceased doberman, that had bone cancer. A research lab does this for both human and animal benefits. Still...could not do it.

Probably wrong of me but that dog was our "child".

Status
Not open for further replies.