TOL maintenance - thread pruning

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ebenz47037 said:
Did you delete my recipes?
I think most of them had already been deleted (though the post counts didn't reflect that).

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BillyBob said:
It used to be that way when they 'pruned'.
So how often are you going to update the post count on your signature?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Turbo said:
Yes, they're on this stack of three dozen 5 1/5" floppies next to me. Do you want them?

I thought you upgraded to 3.5" floppies??? Oh that’s right, you use an Apple....

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Shimei said:
I thought you upgraded to 3.5" floppies??? Oh that’s right, you use an Apple....
Right. Apple was the first to use 3.5" floppies (over twenty years ago), and they were the first to stop using them (several years ago), recognizing that they had become utterly pointless.

I would have made my joke about them being on 3.5" 1.44 MB floppies, but then I remembered that a lot of poor souls still use computers that have 3.5" floppy drives.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
fool said:
Hey Turbo
When do you want me to pick up those disks?
:shocked: That's right! You're local.

:noid:

Why don't you stop by on February 29th of next year.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Turbo said:
I would have made my joke about them being on 3.5" 1.44 MB floppies, but then I remembered that a lot of poor souls still use computers that have 3.5" floppy drives.

And I still use it!!!!

Actually I only have one because of all the old floppies I still have and am too lazy to transfer all the data to one CD. But hey, if you buy a PC today a floppy is no longer standard.

I remember when I first used an imac and noticed that there was no floppy drive. :shocked:

koban

Shimei said:
And I still use it!!!!

Actually I only have one because of all the old floppies I still have and am too lazy to transfer all the data to one CD. But hey, if you buy a PC today a floppy is no longer standard.

I remember when I first used an imac and noticed that there was no floppy drive. :shocked:

I had to pay extra to get a 3.5 drive on my Dell this summer. Only did it because I have shoe box's full of old disks that I'd like to be able to read now and again.

fool

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
:shocked: That's right! You're local.

:noid:

Why don't you stop by on February 29th of next year.
Silly Turbo :rotfl:
But seriously.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
I've done some heavy-duty thread pruning today. Mostly old chit-chat and current events, some spam, and all of the threads started by a certain banned racist. This ought to help the server load. I'm about to readjust the post counts to reflect only the posts that still exist. Brace yourselves, this may sting a little. :eek:
AHA! Answered the question about why my post count went down. Thanks, Turbo!