Tired of being your Doormat

fzappa13

I'm not touchy about the name elohiym at all. I'm just smart enough to know that it only applies to One. If there is one thing I am touchy about it's our witness. If we carry so exalted a Name and then act poorly, how does that honor His Name? Considering Scripture's proclamation that there are none righteous, we are bound to drag the name of Elohiym in the dirt. Yeshua was pretty clear in what you called my rant, that humility is called for as His followers. Sorry you found that snarky.

A nice Messianic Jewish girl that doesn't know what Elohiym means.

:nono:

Elo, it might be time for another thread on the subject.

Last edited:

IMJerusha

John 10:33-37

33 The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."
34 Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, 'I SAID, YOU ARE GODS '?
35 "If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),
36 do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God '?
37 "If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me;

Psalm 82:6 I said, "You are gods [elohiym], And all of you are sons of the Most High.

The Hebrew word elohiym means son(s) of God according to Psalm 82:6 and the Lord Jesus Christ. Maybe it's good I chose the name so you could learn that.

A nice Messianic Jewish girl that doesn't know what Elohiym means.

:nono:

Elo, it might be time for another thread on the subject.

You poor dears! This nice Messianic woman knows that the meaning of elohiym is dependent on the context in which it is used. Before anyone can claim to be God's son they had best claim to acknowledge God's Son as Deity.

fzappa13

You poor dears! This nice Messianic woman knows that the meaning of elohiym is dependent on the context in which it is used. Before anyone can claim to be God's son they had best claim to acknowledge God's Son as Deity.

Yes, that would be a good start. Now, how about you? (vis a vis being Elohiym) ;)

IMJerusha

Yes, that would be a good start. Now, how about you? (vis a vis being Elohiym) ;)

How about me what? I consider myself a child of God, not elohiym, as Yeshua. I don't consider myself or any man a god. Saved or unsaved, we are not Deity. I think about this: "You shall not follow other gods, any of the gods of the peoples who surround you, for the LORD your God in the midst of you is a jealous God; otherwise the anger of the LORD your God will be kindled against you, and He will wipe you off the face of the earth."

elohiym

You poor dears!

How am I poor?
That's your response to the scriptures and comment I posted?

Before anyone can claim to be God's son they had best claim to acknowledge God's Son as Deity.

God claims we are all elohiym. See Psalm 82.

It also communicates the idea that all the foundations of the world are out of course because many people don't know they are elohiym. Perhaps that's why Jesus said something about that. Perhaps that's why Paul made the idea the centerpiece of his sermon on Mars Hill.

Regardless, I do "acknowledge God's Son as Deity."

fzappa13

Maybe. But you know that "flesh and blood" cannot reveal this to anyone (Mt 16:17; Gal 1:12).

Fortunately for us flesh and blood is not our inheritance ... us being the Sons of God, of course. ;) I don't know that there is a sufficient number here to make for a productive thread on the matter but ... like Sisyphus, everybody has their rock.

fzappa13

How about me what? I consider myself a child of God, not elohiym,

Well, that's unfortunate in that this is precisely what Jesus is offering … only the term isn't translated “child of God” it is translated “sons of God” and that is a good start when trying to understand the term “elohiym” in that this is how it is most often translated when context indicates a plural meaning.

as Yeshua.

Yeshua is one of a subset of the elohiym. As is God and those who either are or will be theirs … and let's not forget the angels.

I don't consider myself or any man a god. Saved or unsaved, we are not Deity.

No, we have not received our full inheritance just yet.

I think about this: "You shall not follow other gods, any of the gods of the peoples who surround you, for the LORD your God in the midst of you is a jealous God; otherwise the anger of the LORD your God will be kindled against you, and He will wipe you off the face of the earth."

Good advice. Just don't confuse this notion as one that concerns that which you were promised.

1 John 3 King James Version (KJV)
1*Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2*Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Last edited:

IMJerusha

How am I poor?

In the same manner that you are dear.

That's your response to the scriptures and comment I posted?

No, that was part of my response to you and fzappa.

God claims we are all elohiym. See Psalm 82.

I did see Psalm 82. That's a widely disputed interpretation.

It also communicates the idea that all the foundations of the world are out of course because many people don't know they are elohiym.

The popular interpretation is definitely one of the many reasons none are righteous.

Perhaps that's why Jesus said something about that. Perhaps that's why Paul made the idea the centerpiece of his sermon on Mars Hill.

Yeshua was pointing to His divine nature and God's. Paul's sermon did not allude to man having his own divine nature but rather God's.

And yet you do not believe in the Trinity. That's sort of odd isn't it? I mean, there is only One God.

IMJerusha

Well that's unfortunate in that this is precisely what Jesus is offering … only the term isn't translated “child of God” it is translated “sons of God” and that is a good start when trying to understand the term “elohiym” in that this is how it is most often translated when context indicates a plural meaning.

Yeshua offered His blood as atonement for my sin. That action does not make me divine in any way.

Yeshua is one of a subset of the elohiym.
As is God and those who either are or will be theirs … and let's not forget the angels.

You'll pardon me if I don't go with this.
Not ever. I look to worshipping, not being worshipped.

Good advice. Just don't confuse this notion as one that concerns that which you were promised.

1 John 3 King James Version (KJV)
1*Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2*Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Good advice from God is never a notion.

Please properly tag my words in future. Not doing so is deception. It's not hard to click on the "Quote" button.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There is no sense discussing anything spiritual with elohym.

He claims he is sinless.

and he says polygamy is not sin because OT practiced it.

He says we should not eat pork because it is OT law.

elohiym

Doormat said:
And yet you do not believe in the Trinity. That's sort of odd isn't it? I mean, there is only One God.

I believe the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are on God.
The trinity is a specific doctrine with specific claims.
What "trinity doctrine" do you hold to?
Post a link to your "Catechism."