ECT Those who believe will labor to enter the "Rest" of God"

vfirestormv

What gospel did Abraham believe?

Gen 22:7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
Gen 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You want it all to be the same, but it's not. How was Noah saved?:

Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Did you have to build an ark to be saved?

The Bible has it that Noah's life pleased God, because he believed Gods word through his relatives, before God spoke to him personally.

Noah had saving faith before he built the ark, for the ark was of Gods design and is representative of Christ at His first coming and also at His second coming.

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit,
1Pe 3:19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison,
1Pe 3:20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water.
1Pe 3:21 There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
1Pe 3:22 who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.

How are those in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John saved?:

Same as Abraham, same as us today. --

Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Rom 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
Rom 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Heb 11:39 And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise,
Heb 11:40 God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us.

Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Do you have to endureth to the end to be saved?

Salvation/ being saved is spoken of in the bible as the re-uniting of man with God in the Spirit before he is saved bodily by resurrection.

We in the dispensation of the grace of God

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Why don't you study the KJB for yourself instead of asking me to get you all the answers?

The dispensation of the grace of God began with Christ, and His apostles among the 120 on the day of Pentecost when the Spirit of the new covenant was poured out on them and the 3000.

Tell me what the Apostles had was any different to Paul or visa versa?

They all followed and received the grace of God through Christ.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
And if you by faith had not trusted Christ you would not be saved. that is doing something. Faith moves. Maybe if you wouldn't throw out so much of the Bible you could see that in James.
Nope. I didn't have to so much as wiggle my little finger! Ephesians 2:7 KJV

Yes I know it is for us not to us. That is why you are so against my sig too.
Your signature is contrary to what Paul preached Colossians 2:13 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
The dispensation of the grace of God began with Christ, and His apostles among the 120 on the day of Pentecost when the Spirit of the new covenant was poured out on them and the 3000.
VS.

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Doom

How is circumcision the gospel? How is weather I'm circumcised or not affect my salvation? I am though and it did not benefit me one iota. Your point?
The point is, Paul is preaching a gospel to the uncircumcised and James to the circumcised. Is James telling the circumcised that if they are circumcised, Christ is of no benefit to them? Paul's tells the uncircumcised that if they are circumcised, Christ is no benefit to them.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Salvation/ being saved is spoken of in the bible as the re-uniting of man with God in the Spirit before he is saved bodily by resurrection.
Our salvation is not "spoken" throughout the Bible, but was a mystery hid in God!

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
That's not us. We were never in the promise.

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
VS.

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

The mystery was revealed to ALL of His Holy apostles and Prophets.

The ages past was before Christ, and a new age did NOT begin with Paul.

LA

vfirestormv

The point is, Paul is preaching a gospel to the uncircumcised and James to the circumcised. Is James telling the circumcised that if they are circumcised, Christ is of no benefit to them? Paul's tells the uncircumcised that if they are circumcised, Christ is no benefit to them.

He is telling them that the circumcision will do nothing for them. He is telling them to believe on Christ and what are the others preaching? Answer: To believe on Christ.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Gen 22:7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
Gen 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering:
If Abraham believed that as his gospel he would have never put Isaac up for an offering. No, Abraham believed this as his good news:

Genesis 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

Genesis 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

Genesis 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

vfirestormv

Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

That's not us. We were never in the promise.

Another chop of scripture. Is there now a division in dispensation between verse 28 and 29?

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Another chop of scripture. Is there now a division in dispensation between verse 28 and 29?

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
No. We are neither Jew nor Greek nor were we in the promise.

vfirestormv

If Abraham believed that as his gospel he would have never put Isaac up for an offering. No, Abraham believed this as his good news:

Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

And how were all the nations blessed? Was it not through Christ?