ECT This should end the discussion about easy grace and OSAS!

Cross Reference

[quoted]Very confused: Squeaky, God's Truth, Jason0047, Redeemed-777, Rightglory, DansingWall, Nang, glew, wordsponge, Princely, jerzy, elohiym, PneumaPsucheSoma, kayaker, IMJerusha, drws, Cross Reference, republicanchick, Arsenios, Hawkins, Puppet, rougueone, Dan Emanual, StanJ, Interplanner, Sancocho, Shasta, Cruciform, Robert Pate, Nazaroo, Livelystone, ZacharyB, fzappa13, iamaberean, disturbo, Timotheos, daqq, brewmama, False Prophet, themuzicman
Totally bonkers: Gurucam, CherubRam, LoverOfTruth1, Wednesday Addams, chrysostom, beloved57
Complete perverter of scripture: tetelestai
Christ deniers: Lazy afternoon, meshak, oatmeal, Caino, JosephR, freelight, csuguy, 1Mind1Spirit, genuineoriginal, Jamie, Aner, KingdomRose
Christ haters: aikido7, Zeke, Ben Masada
Immensely confused and proud of it: turbosixx
Obstinate: me

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew 10:23 (KJV)

Luk 10:1 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
Luk 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
Luk 10:3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.
Luk 10:4 Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way.
Luk 10:5 And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
Luk 10:6 And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.
Luk 10:7 And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
Luk 10:8 And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:
Luk 10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
Luk 10:10 But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say,
Luk 10:11 Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
Luk 10:12 But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.
Luk 10:13 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.
Luk 10:14 But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you.
Luk 10:15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.
Luk 10:16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.
Luk 10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
Luk 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
Luk 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Luk 10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
Luk 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

ZacharyB

Receiving the Holy Spirit INSIDE was necessary for salvation!
Where does it say that?
7 verses (!) say believers received the Holy Spirit INSIDE.
7 verses (!) say believers with the HS baptism received the Holy Spirit UPON.
Coincidence? ... dunno!

As to your "Where" ...
all to-soon-to-be-retired should have an NT ... I'll send you one.

ZacharyB

Where do you get this stuff?
From the NT, the Holy Spirit, and personal experience.
Another neat little trinity.
I.E. been there, done that.

The Lord has wonderfully PROVEN to me
... through my spiritual experiences that ...
everything in the Scriptures is to be believed and trusted.

Cross Reference

Ah yes, believers did receive the indwelling after salvation. I read that in John 20:22. How 'bout you? You read it anywhere else like that?
Coincidence? ... dunno!

You mean believers in 7 verses received the Holy Spirit baptism twice??!

Even Jesus received only once.

As to your "Where" ...

If your NTs read different than mine please do. I won't laugh.

Right Divider

Body part
From the NT, the Holy Spirit, and personal experience.
Another neat little trinity.
I.E. been there, done that.

The Lord has wonderfully PROVEN to me
... through my spiritual experiences that ...
everything in the Scriptures is to be believed and trusted.
Very funny.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Coincidence? ... dunno!

As to your "Where" ...

Christ was in Heaven before the Holy Spirit of NT.salvation was sent, as He had said must be.

Men of the book of Acts received the Holy Spirit one time in the coming upon them and filling of them. (filled is not permanent)

There was no previous receiving of the Holy Spirit to that one occurrence--

Act 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
Act 8:15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
Act 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
Act 8:17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

The flowing out comes from the receiving in--

Joh 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

However the other thing not so obvious is the Presence of the Lord.

LA

ZacharyB

You mean believers in 7 verses received the Holy Spirit baptism twice??!
Even Jesus received only once.
Probably tomorrow, I'll post a thread explaining all of this.
Not that many will believe it ... after all, it will only be Scripture!

And opposing all of this spiritual Truth will be, as always ...
Satan, the churches, and "the doctrines of men"
(which requires its own special thread).

SaulToPaul 2

Luk 10:1 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
Luk 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
Luk 10:3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.
Luk 10:4 Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way.
Luk 10:5 And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
Luk 10:6 And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.
Luk 10:7 And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
Luk 10:8 And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:
Luk 10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
Luk 10:10 But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say,
Luk 10:11 Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
Luk 10:12 But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.
Luk 10:13 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.
Luk 10:14 But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you.
Luk 10:15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.
Luk 10:16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.
Luk 10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
Luk 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
Luk 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Luk 10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
Luk 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Thou hast poor reading comprehension.

Matthew 10:23 (KJV) remains.

DAN P

Hi and just where did you find where the bible speaks of GREASY GRACE and what now is " SOILED GRACE " which is your definition !!

It is you who is STEPPING on the Grace of God , don't you see ??

dan p

You are saying that " SOILED GRACE " has been duilted

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hi and just where did you find where the bible speaks of GREASY GRACE and what now is " SOILED GRACE " which is your definition !!
That's what he thinks of the faith and cross work of Christ and God raising Him from the dead. He rejects the gift of God. He wants to boast about what he has done all the while rejecting what God hath done in his behalf.

DAN P

That's what he thinks of the faith and cross work of Christ and God raising Him from the dead. He rejects the gift of God. He wants to boast about what he has done all the while rejecting what God hath done in his behalf.

Hi and these are what Heb 10:29 and has DESPISED the blood of Christ as did the Hebrews that Paul wrote too , to bad !!

dan p

ZacharyB

I have oft explained here (but on blind eyes that cannot see):

God's grace (unmerited favor) was/is that ...
His Plan made it possible for some to go to heaven.
However, His free gift of grace can be rejected, thrown away, taken back, etc.

A father can give his teen-aged son a new car,
but if the son misuses it, the father can take it back.

A mother can give her daughter a piece of jewelry,
but later decide that she cannot really afford it, and take it back.

Gifts can be taken back ... for many reasons!

Cross Reference

Isn't it amazing that God is no indian giver?

Right Divider

Body part

You don't know God if you think that He will give you a free gift and then take it back.

Your "god" cannot be trusted.

Last edited:

musterion

Only someone with no conception of the new creation would say and believe that.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You're not very bright, are ya.