ECT This should end the discussion about easy grace and OSAS!

ZacharyB

The proof that God's free gift of salvation can be taken back
are seen in the many NT verses, which warn about:
-- eternal life of believers can be lost
-- eternal death of believers can be gained
-- sinning can keep believers out of the kingdom of God
-- anyone can be blocked from entering the New Jerusalem
-- anyone can have their name blotted out of the Book of Life

But, it's all way over most peoples' heads.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have oft explained here (but on blind eyes that cannot see):

God's grace (unmerited favor) was/is that ...
His Plan made it possible for some to go to heaven.
However, His free gift of grace can be rejected, thrown away, taken back, etc.

A father can give his teen-aged son a new car,
but if the son misuses it, the father can take it back.

A mother can give her daughter a piece of jewelry,
but later decide that she cannot really afford it, and take it back.

Gifts can be taken back ... for many reasons!

Yes believers are on probation like as an engagement of a lady to a man.

Their marriage can only occur when the groom returns.

The groom has given his lady something to keep her until then, but she is free to throw it away even if the Groom does not back down of His word, she can by riotous living.

Luk 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
Luk 21:35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
Luk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
Mat 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
Mat 24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Mat 24:47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
Mat 24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
Mat 24:49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
Mat 24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
Mat 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Right Divider

Body part
The proof that God's free gift of salvation can be taken back
are seen in the many NT verses, which warn about:
-- eternal life of believers can be lost
-- eternal death of believers can be gained
-- sinning can keep believers out of the kingdom of God
-- anyone can be blocked from entering the New Jerusalem
-- anyone can have their name blotted out of the Book of Life

But, it's all way over most peoples' heads.
You're a poor confused lost person.

You think that God is a liar and a tightwad.

You put your Bible in a blender and make a totally mashed mess out of the whole thing.

I guess that you think that the OT starts at Genesis 1:1 and the NT at Matthew 1:1.

Poor confused lost boy.

You think that people EARN their eternal life.

Right Divider

Body part

Poor LOST LA. Always quoting from anything but Paul.
Col 3:1-4 KJV If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. (2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. (3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. (4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
God has ALREADY judged me in Christ and I'm dead.

The groom has given his lady something to keep her until then, but she is free to throw it away even if the Groom does not back down of His word, she can by riotous living.

Luk 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
Luk 21:35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
Luk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
Mat 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
Mat 24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Mat 24:47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
Mat 24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
Mat 24:49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
Mat 24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
Mat 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Come to God on HIS terms, which TODAY is completely and freely by His GRACE.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Poor LOST LA. Always quoting from anything but Paul.
Col 3:1-4 KJV If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. (2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. (3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. (4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
God has ALREADY judged me in Christ and I'm dead.

Come to God on HIS terms, which TODAY is completely and freely by His GRACE.

God has judged all men as dead.

The idea is to become alive by receiving the Holy Spirit as the 3000 did on the day of Pentecost.

Until then you will keep slaying the righteous like they did.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

The idea is to become alive by receiving the Holy Spirit as the 3000 did on the day of Pentecost.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

LA

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong? Maybe you should
stick with your death predictions?

Right Divider

Body part

They did not "become alive" when they received the Holy Spirit, they were filled with the Holy Spirit IN POWER for a purpose.

More silliness.

LA
You're not part of that group no matter how badly you want in.

The "you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off" refers to all the house of Israel.

Peter was preaching the same thing as John the baptizer, see Mark 1:4.

ZacharyB

Thanks for another good example.

A man gives his most-beloved intended bride-to-be an invaluable engagement ring.
Butski ...
Either party can cancel the agreement.
The woman can return the ring.
The man can ask for it back.
Thus and so can the incredibly-wonderful intended marriage be ended!

SaulToPaul 2

The woman was a part of Adam, before she was taken out and then given back to him, and they rejoined.

The Body of Christ is a man, like Adam before the woman was taken out of him. It is his fulness.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaulToPaul 2

In the Garden, there was a man, a woman, materials to build a great city, and they were to bring forth many children.

In the New Jerusalem, there is a man, a woman (the city itself), and their children. 144,000.

Don't mix this with the Body of Christ.

Right Divider

Body part

A man gives his most-beloved intended bride-to-be an invaluable engagement ring.
Butski ...
Another completely incorrect understanding of the dispensation of the grace of God.

You misrepresent the Lord and are therefore evil.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It was not a "salvation" experience at all.

It was for the 3000--

Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Butski ...

You and LA share all things in common. Both of you don't
know what you're talking about.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In the Garden, there was a man, a woman, materials to build a great city, and they were to bring forth many children.

In the New Jerusalem, there is a man, a woman (the city itself), and their children. 144,000.

Don't mix this with the Body of Christ.

The 144000 are the walls of the city itself.

These are the overcomers of the churches since Pentecost Rev. chapters 14-7-21.

These 144000 are the Bride of Christ--

Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Rev 21:11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
Rev 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
Rev 21:13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
Rev 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
Rev 21:15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
Rev 21:16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
Rev 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
Rev 21:18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
Rev 21:19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
Rev 21:20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
Rev 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

LA