THIS IS WAR!

bybee

The doggone squirrels clean out my bird feeders faster than I can afford to refill them!
I'll have to glop Crisco on the poles again. They don't like that and it is pure delight to watch them try everything they can think of to climb the pole. First they start at the bottom and cannot get a purchase. Then then stand back, twitching their tails angrily and take running jumps at the pole, and slide slowly down then examine their little hands in disgust at the greasy mess they must now clean off. Sooner or later they win! But it is a game of wits and it keeps me on my toes!:DK:

bybee

Tree rat!

The lead shot hurts my teeth.

I do have a little plastic pellet gun. I will use it as a last resort. It doesn't even break their skins but oh boy! does it ever make them mad!
They sit on the railing of my deck watching me watching them through the window.:think:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The doggone squirrels clean out my bird feeders faster than I can afford to refill them!

We thought that squirrels were eating our garden vegetables this past summer, until my wife saw rats eating out of the neighbors bird feeder. The neighbors since took down the feeder and put some rat traps up in an infested area. Hopefully we'll have better luck next summer with our garden.

bybee

We thought that squirrels were eating our garden vegetables this past summer, until my wife saw rats eating out of the neighbors bird feeder. The neighbors since took down the feeder and put some rat traps up in an infested area. Hopefully we'll have better luck next summer with our garden.

Now that is horrible! I've never seen rats but I have had raccoons clean out the feeders right quick.
Now I'm wondering if I ought to put out some traps? I don't want to hurt the squirrels.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Now that is horrible! I've never seen rats but I have had raccoons clean out the feeders right quick.
Now I'm wondering if I ought to put out some traps? I don't want to hurt the squirrels.

no traps, just give 'em some bread. then the coons and opossum will tag along

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

AC Dub has a rat infestation !! I knew it !! :chuckle:

brinny

I'll have to glop Crisco on the poles again. They don't like that and it is pure delight to watch them try everything they can think of to climb the pole. First they start at the bottom and cannot get a purchase. Then then stand back, twitching their tails angrily and take running jumps at the pole, and slide slowly down then examine their little hands in disgust at the greasy mess they must now clean off. Sooner or later they win! But it is a game of wits and it keeps me on my toes!:DK:

LOL!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Now, now, I'm fighting a real enemy! They are cute little buggers though. When they hold my sunflower seeds in their little hands I just can't stay mad at them.
I've tried giving them squirrel food. They ignore it!

They prefer cashews, walnuts and almonds. I used to get mixed nuts and even peanuts in the shell, they ate most and buried some for later. I had about 6 squirrels showin' up and birds and pigeons, doves etc. I had seed, nuts and bread, it got expensive. I did it for 9 years straight when I lived in the city. The neighbors loved it !!

bybee

They prefer cashews, walnuts and almonds. I used to get mixed nuts and even peanuts in the shell, they ate most and buried some for later. I had about 6 squirrels showin' up and birds and pigeons, doves etc. I had seed, nuts and bread, it got expensive. I did it for 9 years straight when I lived in the city. The neighbors loved it !!

In winter the Cardinals, Bluejays, Chickadees, Nuthatchs, Juncos and various woodpeckers make watching the feeder a delight.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I saw in another thread that you're considering moving to Ireland. Can I start a donation thread to make certain happens?
Well, we know you'll never live there. St. Pat drove the snakes out already. :p

Hey bybee, I have a few deer that won't leave my blueberry bushes alone when they fill. It's about as much fun watching them walk around the side and back yards, my black and tan lying in the sun, either ignoring them or embarrassed about it (and now a bit old to go chasing them through the woods alone). :D

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber

Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease post a video of this.... I've seen one or two and it's HILARIOUS. :rotfl:

Foxfire

https://youtu.be/KUDOTefoVAA :D