ECT "Things that are different" included Gentiles

Danoh

The fact that there were two types of Gentiles, which took a different path into the Body is not disputable.

1. Gentiles found in the synagogue, believed in the true God
2. Gentiles who were pagans

That is not the distinction being made in Ephesians 2.

That is what you were taught to read into it by those ac 9/28 hybrid based teachers and or their writings you bought into.

Ephesians 2 is in light of, and a short summary of Romans 1:18-3:31.

Jerry Shugart

Off the top of my head I don't recall what Shawn asserts on that.

These verses which I quoted are the very basis which support my teaching that the dispensation of grace began at Acts 13.

And you did not even attempt to prove anything which I said is in error.

Besides that, you have not provided even one verse which supports your idea that it began at Acts 9.

Danoh

There are not both "godly" Gentiles (who knew their place) and pagan Gentiles mentioned during Acts?

Valid question but one in light of which a misfire is then read into as a result of seeming first impressions.

The perspective through which such things are to be studied in light of is the end of Acts 7; once that itself is properly studied out.

One can disagree with this or even mock it, but neither actually addresses its' assertion.

The Paradigm, then...

Spoiler

The continuance of this...

Matthew 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 23:30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 23:32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

...is this, in Acts 7, wherein the Spirit concludes unbelieving Israel as having continued in that same Uncircumcision of their forefathers according to the Law.

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Unbelieving Israel is now Uncircumcision with the Gentiles.

Romans 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God? 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

The Believing Remnant having been sealed; the rest of Israel is concluded hardened against God's Prophesied will, and is cut off and castaway from their Prophesied Promises.

Thing is, Scripture weaves in and out of its narrative...

Romans 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

With said casting away of the nation; God then saves the first Uncircumcision Israelite via that aspect of the gospel of Christ which he is then commissioned with - the gospel of the Uncircumcision; which is the issue of the grace of God now being availed at that point to said lost Israelites and Gentiles, both; as heathen or uncircumcision, this side of Acts 7.

That is the perspective your valid question is to be viewed from.

(And no, I am not thinking you were asking for help. Rather; that regardless of whatever your intent in asking it; your question is nevertheless, a valid one).

Paul relates much of the above in the following, and elsewhere.

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe. 2:14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews: 2:15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: 2:16 Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

heir

TOL Subscriber
That was why you went in search of answers in Acts 9/28 hybrid commentaries and teachers to begin with.
I got saved and started to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV comparing spiritual things with spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV) and I do believe teachers play a role (2 Timothy 2:2 KJV). It does not make what you said above true of me. I'm not the one linking to commentaries, now am I?

Danoh

I endevour to Ephesians 4:1 KJV by 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

Step off.

O grow up. You act as if you have a right to assert your views unchallenged.

You are stuck in 1 Cor. 3.

I've met your kind here and there, in one camp or another, over the years.

Shawn's 15 points alone remain unproven wrong by you o high and mighty.

Not to mention your many other errors he may not have been aware of.

Last edited:

Danoh

I got saved and started to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV comparing spiritual things with spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV) and I do believe teachers play a role (2 Timothy 2:2 KJV). It does not make what you said above true of me. I'm not the one linking to commentaries, now am I?

His commentary on your errors is one I had long agreed with before I ever knew of the guy.

No one is saying teachers do not play a role.

That is your usual misread.

Jerry Shugart

It's not a literal throne Jerry.

Is that really the best you can do to attempt to prove that my remarks about what you said here is in error?:

Christ Jesus sat down next to God the Father after the Ascension. In 70AD, Christ Jesus sat down on His throne, and has ruled with the Saints ever since.

In the following verse we can see that the throne of David belongs to the Lord Jesus and Him alone:

"He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end" (Lk.1:32,33).​

The Lord Jesus is not now sitting upon His own throne now but instead at the Father's throne:

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne" (Rev.3:21).​

Despite these facts that prove that you are clueless concerning the throne of David you can only say that it is not a literal throne!

"Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel" (Mt.23:24).​

Only a fool would let you guide them!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not the one linking to commentaries, now am I?
153707i8835250CE3E4DF75

heir

TOL Subscriber
O grow up.
I am growing up in Him.
You act as if you have a right to assert your views unchallenged.
I post in hopes that others may see. I'm not sure why you are here.

You are stuck in 1 Cor. 3.
:chuckle:

I've met your kind here and there over in one camp or another, over the years.
"your kind", "you and yours", you and your pals"... You have an unhealthy addiction (not to mention attitude)...Why don't you addict yourself to the ministry instead?

john w

Hall of Fame
No lie, just you being confused again.

Go back and study why the Israelites could not enter the Promised Land, and had to wonder in the desert for 40 years. HINT: 30AD to 70AD was 40 years.

Specifically, the part where circumcision was required under the law, but not one male was circumcised during those 40 years.

(Joshua 5:5) All the people that came out had been circumcised, but all the people born in the wilderness during the journey from Egypt had not.

No, you were caught in another lie, punk, and all of TOL witnessed your satanic deception-again. The punk says the OC did not end until AD 70, agrees that the law was part of the OC, agrees that Pentecost, the feasts, are part of the law, and were kept until AD 70., and yet.............

"The law was nailed to the cross........"-Craigie

Craigie Tet., the obsessed Preterist/AD 70 weasel, whose "ministry" on TOL is habitual lying, to quench/satisfy his obsession, and "prove" his "invented" "teachings of men."

And get a job-don't you believe Paul, deceiver? You taught us that-we learned that from you, Josephus/Russell/Hankie H follower.

Danoh

I am growing up in Him. I post in hopes that others may see. I'm not sure why you are here.

:chuckle:

"your kind", "you and yours", you and your pals"... You have an unhealthy addiction (not to mention attitude)...Why don't you addict yourself to the ministry instead?

If you mean your many errors and double-standard: no thanks.

You're obviously dedicated enough and smart enough; but your study approach is way off. As is the insolence you shroud it in.