ECT "Things that are different" included Gentiles

Danoh

It can be shown by the scriptures and has been demonstrated over and over that the both made one (Ephesians 2:14 KJV) is:

1.Jews and Greeks gathered into the Body during Paul's Acts ministry. They were in the commonwealth of Israel and had a hope

And

2. The "you Gentiles", who in time past were without Christ being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world

Nope.

That is your mishandling of the text; which you well know you learned from Acts 9/Acts 28 Hybrid based commentaries and teachers.

Still waiting for you and or one of your pals to rebut Shawn's thorough, valid 15 errors you hold to.

And when you're through with those, I have some more he did not go into :D

Here they are again...

https://forwhatsaiththescriptures.wordpress.com/2015/10/25/acts-9-28-hybrid-theology/

Specifically, this pdf:

https://forwhatsaiththescriptures.f...0/refutation-of-acts-9-28-hybrid-theology.pdf

Then again, you consistently prove yourself rather intolerant of anyone disagreeing with you :chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
2. The "you Gentiles", who in time past were without Christ being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world

(Eph 2:13 KJV) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

"sometimes" far off.

When were these Gentiles not "sometimes" far off?

heir

TOL Subscriber
lol, who on earth thinks that the 'lateness' of the worship of Diana has anything to do with the knowledge or maturity of believers at Ephesus?
The Ephesians worship of the goddess Diana as late as Acts 19 shows us that these Ephesians time past status included the time of Acts 19 as they were NOT fearing God like the Greeks found in the synagogue seeking a blessing who had a hope according to Genesis 12:3 KJV.

Interplanner

The Ephesians worship of the goddess Diana as late as Acts 19 shows us that these Ephesians time past status included the time of Acts 19 as they were NOT fearing God like the Greeks found in the synagogue seeking a blessing who had a hope according to Genesis 12:3 KJV.

Not all of them did. And you must have inside knowledge on when Ephesians was written in relation to that event. It is too generally written. Paul had exact things to say to Colossae about neo-Judaism there. He did not in Ephesians about Diana. What does that tell you?

heir

TOL Subscriber
It's easy to show.

Paul was sent to the Jew first and also to the Greek during his Acts ministry. Greeks are Gentiles. So Paul is already sent to certain Gentiles. Those Gentiles to whom Paul was first sent (Acts 26:17 KJV) were those who were being called at that time (Acts 13:26 KJV, 1 Cor. 1:24 KJV). They feared God (Acts 13:26 KJV). Paul found them in the synagogue of the Jews. What were Gentiles doing in the synagogue of the Jews? They were seeking a blessing as per Genesis 12:3 KJV. They were fearing God and working righteousness. What they didn't know, was that their blessing would be the forgiveness of sins (Acts 13:38-39 KJV)! They would hear how that Christ died for their sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day for their justification (Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! They would be stablished into the Body of Christ by Paul's my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, the wisdom of God in a mystery (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV)!

The Greeks are of those who "first trusted in Christ" (the body of Christ beginning with the apostle Paul (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV). They are the "them that were nigh" (Ephesians 2:17 KJV). They were aligned with Israel. They had a hope (Genesis 12:3 KJV). They were in the promise: heirs according to the promise (Galatians 3:29 KJV)

That cannot be said about Gentiles such as we! It was not until Paul revealed that the Lord was going to send him again, but this time even far hence unto the Gentiles (Acts 22:17-21)/"aliens"(Ephesians 2:12 KJV)/"far off" Gentiles (Ephesians 2:13 KJV), that he became a prisoner of Jesus Christ for "you Gentiles" (Ephesians 3:1 KJV people like you and me).

These Ephesians are of the "ye" whom "also trusted" (as are we)

Ephesians 1:13-14 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

It is the fellowship of the mystery~ the "both" made "one", the "twain" made "one new man"!

1.The Jews and Greeks, those gathered during Paul's Acts ministry, those in the commonwealth of Israel. They had a hope

...And

2. The "you Gentiles",in time past aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world

Ephesians 2:13-15 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

We are fellowheirs, and of the same body with those who first trusted in Christ (Ephesians 1:12 beginning with Paul 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV which includes the Romans, Corinthians, Galatians and Thessalonians) and partakers of His promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

(by the gospel: 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: 12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Interplanner

Haven't you ever noticed that Paul never quotes 12:3 the way people do today, like you have to have treaties with modern Israel to be blessed or something? It's actually the other way around, he teaches that the Seed would come and bless the world, continuing the thought of ch 3's seed. This is another reason to be totally immersed in how Paul quotes the OT, not what you hear on radio and TV.

Danoh

The law ended at the cross.

The OC ended in 70AD.

No catch, just you guys being ignorant of scripture.

Sure.

Matthew 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

Acts 1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

Acts 3:1 Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.

Acts 9:10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

Acts 22:12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there,

heir

TOL Subscriber
Still waiting for you and or one of your pals to rebut Shawn's thorough, valid 15 errors you hold to.
I and many others of one mind have already had discussions with Shawn personally only to have him put his fingers in his ears and scream "lalalala I won't hear you" and run away to build his straw men and rewrite the Bible he claims to believe.

Danoh

Not all of them did. And you must have inside knowledge on when Ephesians was written in relation to that event. It is too generally written. Paul had exact things to say to Colossae about neo-Judaism there. He did not in Ephesians about Diana. What does that tell you?

Much like how you have misread into various things; you're dealing with someone who asserts that Romans 1:11's refers to "getting them into the Body."

Someone who apparantly never learned how to fully study out any word, phrase, and or passage.

It's all downhill from that one weakness forward for her and hers.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Not all of them did.
Talk about miss the point! The Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter were in time past (including Acts 19) without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world. They had no interest, knowledge of hope in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. In fact, they didn't even know of Abraham. There is not one passage in the epistle to the Ephesians that mentions Abraham. The same cannot be said of Paul's pre-prison epistles.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

Um....the unbelieving Jews still kept the law.

Therefore, the gates of Jerusalem would be closed on the Sabbath, thus hindering Christ Jesus' words to the Christians to get out of the city.

(Luke 21:20) Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city.

It would be a lot harder to get out of the city with all the gates closed.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Haven't you ever noticed that Paul never quotes 12:3 the way people do today,
Paul uses the OT numerous times in connection with the covenants of promise to show/validate his ministry to the Gentiles to whom he was first sent. That's what they expected of him and that's what he did or they would not have heard him out.

Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Then Paul could get to mystery truth...

Danoh

I and many others of one mind have already had discussions with Shawn personally only to have him put his fingers in his ears and scream "lalalala I won't hear you" and run away to build his straw men and rewrite the Bible he claims to believe.

I've read his fifteen points and found they mostly align with my same understanding of the various passages he cites.

You are wrong.

Plain and simple.

It is you who plug up your ears.

You do not know how to study these things. That much is obvious.

That was why you went in search of answers in Acts 9/28 hybrid commentaries and teachers to begin with.

And I have the same right to call you on these misfires that you give yourself to call me on one assertion of mine or another (in your obvious double-standard).

You want someone to allow you your say without commenting for the sake of some sort of one-sided alliance; well then join Trump's quickly crashing and burning administration.

What utter foolishness this ban against pointing out each other's errors you and your pals insist on in the name of some one-sided united "front."

Only to claim that such is not the case.

That is not MAD.

MAD has often relied on the Proverbs 27:17 principle.

Yours is the behaviour of a cult.

Jerry Shugart

Let's say the children of Israel would have repented before Stephen. What would have happened?

The things which the Lord Jesus foretold would happen before His return to the earth would take place. And then when He would have returned to the earth then at that time he would sit upon the throne of David (Mt.25:31) and this prophecy would began to be fulfilled:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth"
(Jer.23:5).​

I have answered your questions so it is time for you to answer one of mine. Where on your timeline do you place the fulfillment of this prophecy?

Danoh

Um....the unbelieving Jews still kept the law.

Therefore, the gates of Jerusalem would be closed on the Sabbath, thus hindering Christ Jesus' words to the Christians to get out of the city.

(Luke 21:20) Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city.

It would be a lot harder to get out of the city with all the gates closed.

Nope, the point was a Sabbath Day's journey; or traveling distance.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The things which the Lord Jesus foretold would happen before His return to the earth would take place. And then when He would have returned to the earth then at that time he would sit upon the throne of David (Mt.25:31) and this prophecy would began to be fulfilled:

Are you claiming that if Israel would have repented before the stoning of Stephen, the destruction of Jerusalem still would have happened?

I have answered your questions so it is time for you to answer one of mine. Where on your timeline do you place the fulfillment of this prophecy?

Christ Jesus sat down next to God the Father after the Ascension. In 70AD, Christ Jesus sat down on His throne, and has ruled with the Saints ever since.

Danoh

(Eph 2:13 KJV) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

"sometimes" far off.

When were these Gentiles not "sometimes" far off?

Though according to heir and company it is not; Ephesians 2 IS the SAME as this...

Acts 17:22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious. 17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you. 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

And this...

Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.