ECT "Things that are different" included Gentiles

God's Truth

Ephesians 3:1 KJV

The Jews didn't trust Paul, so Jesus sent him far away to the Gentiles. NOTHING TO DO WITH ANOTHER GOSPEL.

Acts 22:17 “When I returned to Jerusalem and was praying at the temple, I fell into a trance 18 and saw the Lord speaking to me. ‘Quick!’ he said. ‘Leave Jerusalem immediately, because the people here will not accept your testimony about me.’

19 “‘Lord,’ I replied, ‘these people know that I went from one synagogue to another to imprison and beat those who believe in you. 20 And when the blood of your martyr Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.’

21 “Then the Lord said to me, ‘Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’ ”

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The middle wall of partition was handwritten.

LOL...an actual stone wall that was handwritten?

Once again, another Darby Follower who claims to take the Bible literally, is now saying that a literal physical stone wall, is "handwritten".

You need to study to show yourself approved heir.

"Ordinances" in the context of Ephesians 2 were not the laws that God gave Moses. They were opinions and/or commentaries given by the Pharisees that came from the Jewish Midrash.

For example, the law to keep the Sabbath as a day of rest had hundreds of ordinances such as how many steps a Jew could take from his house on the Sabbath.

The Midrash also contained hundreds of ordinances that separated the Jew from the Gentile. There was also an actual wall built in the temple that separated the Jew from the Gentile.

The middle wall of partition did not exist in the first temple, it was never commanded from God. The partition wall came from the Pharisees.

The partition wall, and the hundreds of handwritten ordinances in the Midrash that caused enmity between the Jews and Gentiles is what Paul refers to in Ephesians, and is what makes your OP completely false.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Eph 2:14-15 KJV) 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Paul lists 3 things:

1) the middle wall of partition
2) enmity
3) the law of commandments contained in ordinances

By Christ Jesus making one new man that contained Jew and Gentile, the 3 things Paul listed, no longer divided Jew and Gentile. (Eph 2:15)

john w

Hall of Fame
(Eph 2:14-15 KJV) 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Paul lists 3 things:

2) enmity

By Christ Jesus making one new man that contained Jew and Gentile, the 3 things Paul listed, no longer divided Jew and Gentile. (Eph 2:15)

Are you an anti-Semite, little chin/arms Craigie?

What's the problem, Russell/Josephus follower? Your 666th death knell this year, does not allow you to respond, weasel?

Continued silence from this AD 70-ism/Preterist fraud/clown.

SaulToPaul 2

Paul lists 3 things:

2) enmity

:chuckle:

john w

Hall of Fame
The word "even" in verse 15 of the KJB proves you and heir wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you an antiSemite, little chin/arms Craigie?

Craigie suffers another fatal death knell, as he is in denial, refuses to answer the question, which destroys his "invented" AD 70-ism/Preterism!!!!!!!

Right, little chin/arms Craigie? Yes... You're refusal to answer proves that you and your fellow Josephus-ites/eRussell-ites are wrong, suffering another yet fatal death knell. Don't you believe Paul, sweetie?

Interplanner

STP, you need a guru to tell you which Bible words can be believed and when.

You don't realize how many skips and flights you take as a "literalist" as needed to force D'ism on the Bible. That's what I'm trying to fix. It may not be possible, but I will still try.

Interplanner

That's cuz you keep trying to take him literally. Treat him like the textual postmodernist he is...figuratize everything he says and he'll make sense.

It is not everything--but there goes plain meaning again!

I am not postmodern. The opposite. This is how it was read by the Reformation until the joke of D'ism was invented in the 1800s. D'ism has destroyed more historical sense than you know; I'm not sure we will recover.

Danoh

Paul lists 3 things:

2) enmity

That is actually one thing...leading to...another.

The enmity in the flesh - the Circumcision / Uncircumcision issue - between Israelite and Gentile that Paul began that section with, that The Law contained in Ordinances had once called for - for the Circumcision / Uncircumcision Distinction between them - and that had been turned into a wedge by, and between them - the Lord had put away in his flesh, in their stead, towards His making of both, one new man, and by that, ending their need for hostility between them.

God's Truth

That is actually one thing...leading to...another.

The enmity in the flesh - the Circumcision / Uncircumcision issue - between Israelite and Gentile that Paul began that section with, that The Law contained in Ordinances had once called for - for the Circumcision / Uncircumcision Distinction between them - and that had been turned into a wedge by, and between them - the Lord had put away in his flesh, in their stead, towards His making of both, one new man, and by that, ending their need for hostility between them.

That is what JESUS did.
Not Paul with another gospel.