ECT These signs will follow them who believe.

Doom

Signs do follow those who believe.

But we can include in that list those who believe as they pray, they will get answers to prayers, maybe no one else will know or see that sign, but it is blessed assurance to the one praying, that God is listening and active in his life.

Matthew 21:22

People who are looking for the Hollywood version of signs are missing the point
Here is the very same event recorded in the book of Mark:

Mark 11:20 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.

Mark 11:21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.

Mark 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Mark 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Mark 11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Who is Jesus speaking to? You?
Is the apostle Paul a "believer" in your world?

oatmeal

Here is the very same event recorded in the book of Mark:

Mark 11:20 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.

Mark 11:21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.

Mark 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Mark 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Mark 11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Who is Jesus speaking to? You?
Is the apostle Paul a "believer" in your world?

The Way International is careful about reading scripture accurately.

Something that we learned and apply faithfully, we are serious Biblical students

Matthew 21:

18 Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered.

19 And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.

20 And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!

21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

The other record in Mark 11:

11 And Jesus entered into Jerusalem, and into the temple: and when he had looked round about upon all things, and now the eventide was come, he went out unto Bethany with the twelve.

12 And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:

13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.

14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.

15 And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;

16 And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.

17 And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

18 And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine.

19 And when even was come, he went out of the city.

20 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.

21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.

22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Note the details carefully.

One tree is outside the city of Jerusalem, the other is inside the city of Jerusalem

One tree dies overnight, the other presently or immediately.

They are not the same tree, it is not the same time, it is not the same event.

Two different trees, two different events, two different locations, two different timespans

Learn to read not only the lesson, believe God for results, but the details.

Doom

The Way International is careful about reading scripture accurately.

Something that we learned and apply faithfully, we are serious Biblical students

Matthew 21:

18 Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered.

19 And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.

20 And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!

21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

The other record in Mark 11:

11 And Jesus entered into Jerusalem, and into the temple: and when he had looked round about upon all things, and now the eventide was come, he went out unto Bethany with the twelve.

12 And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:

13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.

14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.

15 And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;

16 And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.

17 And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

18 And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine.

19 And when even was come, he went out of the city.

20 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.

21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.

22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Note the details carefully.

One tree is outside the city of Jerusalem, the other is inside the city of Jerusalem

One tree dies overnight, the other presently or immediately.

They are not the same tree, it is not the same time, it is not the same event.

Two different trees, two different events, two different locations, two different timespans

Learn to read not only the lesson, believe God for results, but the details.

You can read this or this if you care to, but nevertheless, you ignored the obvious questions that destroy your argument in either set of verses.

musterion

I had a charismatic tell me the reason I don't see signs and wonders widely displayed through pentecostals and charismatics isn't because they're not happening everywhere (he says they are, even among those in "other Christian faith traditions") but because I really don't WANT to see them, thus God has blinded me to them.

Forget the fact - which I pointed out to him - that the Bible says tongues are a sign for unbelievers, so if I'm not a believer, I'm the very kind of person God INTENDS to see them.

But beside that...let the implications of his thinking sink in for a minute and you'll see how these folks are becoming the most dangerous combination possible: cultic and ecumenical at the same time.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I had a charismatic tell me the reason I don't see signs and wonders widely displayed through pentecostals and charismatics isn't because they're not happening everywhere (he says they are, even among those in "other Christian faith traditions") but because I really don't WANT to see them, thus God has blinded me to them.

Forget the fact - which I pointed out to him - that the Bible says tongues are a sign for unbelievers, so if I'm not a believer, I'm the very kind of person God INTENDS to see them.

But beside that...let the implications of his thinking sink in for a minute and you'll see how these folks are becoming the most dangerous combination possible: cultic and ecumenical at the same time.

Wow, you mean people are walking around healed that were lame, yet only they can see the healing on them and we see them in their before healed condition, and we cant see the dead who have been raised to life? So is that what ghosts are, they can see them but we cant?

Doom

Wow, you mean people are walking around healed that were lame, yet only they can see the healing on them and we see them in their before healed condition, and we cant see the dead who have been raised to life? So is that what ghosts are, they can see them but we cant?
I'm convinced they are seeing all kinds of things that no one else is. :D

musterion

You can read this or this if you care to, but nevertheless, you ignored the obvious questions that destroy your argument in either set of verses.

He also fails to account for the barren tree that the Master wanted cut down on the spot, but the worker asked to fertilize it and give the tree just one more year to bear fruit (Luke 13:8)

musterion

One told me to my face that he either saw or knows a guy who saw (as if it matters) a clinically dead body being raised from the dead but, for some reason, the charismatics stopped praying over the corpse and the person returned to death. I said, "If the corpse was partly raised to life, by stopping praying, didn't they murder him?" No answer.

It has gotten that insane for these heathens. Any claim to the supernatural doesn't need verified or tested - the claim itself is verification enough, and they trust the people making them without question.

When the day comes that The Image speaks, they'll bow before it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
One told me to my face that he either saw or knows a guy who saw (as if it matters) a clinically dead body being raised from the dead but, for some reason, the charismatics stopped praying over the corpse and the person returned to death. I said, "If the corpse was partly raised to life, by stopping praying, didn't they murder him?" No answer.

It has gotten that insane for these heathens. Any claim to the supernatural doesn't need verified or tested - the claim itself is verification enough, and they trust the people making them without question.

When the day comes that The Image speaks, they'll bow before it.

yep.

John 5:43 "I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him.

Revelation 13:14 And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who had the wound of the sword and has come to life.
15 And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

john w

Hall of Fame
Just listen to your confused mess.

Paul did not get permission from Jesus to change what he, the WORD OF GOD says.

Jesus said obey.

You say Jesus told Paul to start teaching just believe and do not have to obey.

It would be so laughable, but this is serious.

"Obey everything that Jesus says..I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says... Jesus said obey.-Mrs. Otis Campbell, AKA God’sUNTruth

No, you don't-lies.

God's Truth

Why would a saved person be jealous of a non-saved person?

Only a foolish person would waste his effort trying to pay off a debt that is already paid off.

I have been reconciled to God.

Jesus paid the debt.

It does not mean I do not have to obey.

Jesus did not die so that I do not have to obey.