ECT There is only one Gospel

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is simple stupidity.

Do you suppose the God just forgot that there were thirteen tribes or is it that He miscounted when He had John write the book of Revelation?
9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, “Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. 12 Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: 13 three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west.

14 Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. 15 And he who talked with me had a gold reed to measure the city, its gates, and its wall. 16 The city is laid out as a square; its length is as great as its breadth. And he measured the city with the reed: twelve thousand furlongs. Its length, breadth, and height are equal. 17 Then he measured its wall: one hundred and forty-four cubits [twelve time twelve], according to the measure of a man, that is, of an angel. 18 The construction of its wall was of jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass. 19 The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, 20 the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. 21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.​

Yep.
Gotta wonder why scripture never uses the terms "thirteen tribes" or "thirteen apostles".

musterion

I said, "Paul said he was equal to the Twelve (2 Corinthians 11:5)."

I'll do the math for you: if there were twelve apostles and we add one we now have thirteen.

12 + 1 = 13.

Paul was the thirteenth apostle and he was equal to the Twelve.

Paul was a tier one apostle, he was equal to the other twelve.

Don't believe me, believe your Bible.

Oh I believe the Bible just fine. Do all the math you want. 12 =/= 13

Paul was an apostle, that is true.

He was not "the thirteenth apostle."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There was nothing new about Paul's gospel, he taught about Christ from the Hebrew scriptures.

Jesus taught the same thing.

Then He said to them, "Thus it is written and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day..."
(Luke 24:46)​

Jesus taught the "Kingdom Gospel" to the lost sheep of the House of Israel. So did Peter and the rest. Paul was chosen to be the Apostle to the Gentiles by the ascended Lord Jesus Christ Himself. Paul's Gospel WAS a new message, it included the "MYSTERY" that had not been revealed before. You cannot comprehend these things because you lack the ability to "Rightly Divide" the written word of God.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The "grace" gospel? There is nothing new about the grace gospel.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest
, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

If it was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest, (and it was), then it wasn't preached before that!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus taught the same thing.

Then He said to them, "Thus it is written and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day..."
(Luke 24:46)
That's not the gospel of Christ, but the gospel of God (the WHO of Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead Romans 1:1-4 KJV). The gospel of Christ is the WHY of the cross (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).​

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I don't know that it is simple.

:think:

I mean seriously! Talk about straining out gnats and swalling camels!

There are twelve tribes. They'll each have their name plastered along the side of the twelve foundations of the New Jerusalem.

TWELVE

For crying out loud!

Danoh

I mean seriously! Talk about straining out gnats and swalling camels!

There are twelve tribes. They'll each have their name plastered along the side of the twelve foundations of the New Jerusalem.

TWELVE

For crying out loud!

Rotfl

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
What I say . . .

God is just and all justice issues forth from His hand, but God is not subject to any just retribution, because there are no legal grounds under which He is subjected or found guilty.

Jesus Christ was sent into this world and volitionally demonstrated the sinlessness of God in human form.

Yes, I do believe God is just and the author of justice. I have no idea what you mean by "super-just." And God is described as just and God did decree justice would be met. Being just and righteous is an attribute of God, and only a just and righteous God could ever decree a truly righteous act of justice imposed. Remember, the only reason a single sinner has ever been saved, is because the righteous justice of God was imposed upon Jesus Christ, in order that His righteousness might be imputed to His spiritual children.

"For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the Spirit." I Peter 3:18

The above does not represent the Reformed view. Reformers believe God has ordained and decreed all things, but we also believe and teach human responsibility and moral accountability. You are omitting this fact, which perverts your understanding of the Calvinistic beliefs into a philosophical form of fatalism.

God ordained the punishment of all things wicked and unjust. See Revelation 22:11 and 15

By faith, regenerated sinners praise God for this . . they would never find fault in God for so doing, or attempt to blame Him for working an injustice. Never.

There is no point in telling me what I believe, Clete. Especially when you do not fully grasp Reformed doctrine. Keep reading Gordon Clark . . maybe his fine logical approach can help you understand fully the whole of what we believe.

This is just nonsense . . blasphemous nonsense, at that! All the attributes of God existed in God prior to His creating this world . . meant to manifest His attributes amongst men created in His image.

The Logos ("logic of God")is an attribute of God, as are all the other attributes of God that existed as God, before the world was formed. I am glad you can understand and accept this much, at least.

There is no such thing as one divine attribute being higher than another. They are all equal for that is the simplicity of the Godhead.

No, our doctrine specifically teaches a remnant of the human race will not suffer God's wrath, Judgment, the second death, and hellfire ONLY because Jesus Christ justly suffered all such in their stead. Reformers teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ crucified

I believe, that because of Adam's original sin, there is no ability or spiritual capacity inherent in men, by which they can choose any different. Adam corrupted the human nature, which all humanity has inherited, and the will of man cannot choose righteousness. You would do well to review the doctrine of Adamic Federal Headship and Total Depravity, before you spout off further. You cannot possibly understand the various quotes you present out of context, apart from grasping the import of these two doctrines first.

Again, you revert to only seeing the error of fatalism, which does not come close to discussion of the eternal attributes of God; manifested in this creation; come in bodily form in Jesus Christ. Colossians 1:9-23

Nang has no stopped responding to the arguments and simply started repeating herself and simply, lying.

That is, she's either lying about being a Calvinist or lying to herself and us about what Calvinism teaches. I've quoted origninal source documents and even directly quoted her own favorite Calvinist stating directly what she now claims that Reformed doctrine does not teach.

I leave to those who have read this exchange to decide who is lying and who understand Nang's doctrine better than she does.

What's the point of debating a doctrine when the person believing simply begins to deny beleiving it when she gets cornered.

I frankly don't understand how a person with such complete mental disfunction can continue breathing.

musterion

FOR THOSE WHO SAY THERE HAS EVER BEEN ONLY ONE GOSPEL

FOR THOSE WHO SAY THERE HAS EVER BEEN ONLY ONE GOSPEL

1) WHAT did an unreconciled person need to do with the good news, say, at some point in the Old Testament?

2) WHAT would an unreconciled person today need to do with that same good news?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

In Paul's day there were Levitical priests serving in the Temple. In addition to the Levites there were two other tribes, Judah and Benjamin.

The house of Judah was made up of three tribes. (1 Kings 12:21)

The house of Israel was made up of ten tribes sometimes referred to today as the "lost" ten tribes.

Danoh

In Paul's day there were Levitical priests serving in the Temple. In addition to the Levites there were two other tribes, Judah and Benjamin.

The house of Judah was made up of three tribes. (1 Kings 12:21)

The house of Israel was made up of ten tribes sometimes referred to today as the "lost" ten tribes.

You only prove something about yourself.

That some people are simply a cross between "not all there" when it comes to being able to discern a thing, and "ever in need" of coming up with "some means by which to" not have to admit "hey, I was wrong..."

You are not the first; you won't be the last...

In this, your kind often remind me of those the Lord had instructed the TWELVE; as to how to deal with such...

Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If it was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest, (and it was), then it wasn't preached before that!

Peter baptized the first Gentile convert to receive the Holy Spirit after he was given to understand that God made no difference based on ethnicity. This was the mystery Paul referred to in Romans 16:25.

Danoh

Peter baptized the first Gentile convert to receive the Holy Spirit after he was given to understand that God made no difference based on ethnicity. This was the mystery Paul referred to in Romans 16:25.

No.

He baptized him because that was what Peter was sent to do years earlier; given the place of water baptism in God's dealings with Israel throughout their history.

heir

TOL Subscriber
LOL

Peter preached Acts 10:35 KJV which is contrary to what Paul preached Titus 3:5 KJV.

Peter preached the gospel of the kingdom (Acts 10:36-38 KJV) and delivers a murder indictment, but that God raised Christ up just as he preached in Acts 2 and 3 (Acts 10:39-41 KJV)

Peter's usual order of business was to deliver a murder indictment and preach a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins and in so doing they shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:36-38 KJV), but before he could finish his usual, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Acts 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Acts 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Acts 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Acts 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Acts 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

They were astonished at what happens because it was out of order, but what did we see Peter preach above? He continues to preach what he knows and that's water baptism in the name of the Lord!

Corne and his house heard what Peter preached, but Paul's gospel is not heard there!

ClimateSanity

No.

He baptized him because that was what Peter was sent to do years earlier; given the place of water baptism in God's dealings with Israel throughout their history.

Didn't you read the out to lunch sign? I know that sign has been sitting on her window ledge for years but still.....

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Cornelius and his household received the Holy Spirit when they heard the word and believed, before Peter water baptized them.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?