There is no Hell

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
it seems harsh to me, the final judgement, because i don't know where i'll stand. it would be nice to have lived a good and righteous life and feel confident of my salvation, i know how bad i am. painfully aware. i judge myself harshly and i can't see why Jesus won't send me to hell. that's why i have to continually try to stay in The Word in spite of the world around me. i suppose we will all understand in the end and i take comfort and peace from that. i trust in God and Jesus whatever my own fate. i find contentment in knowing deep in my soul that God wins and evil will no longer exist.

Aimiel

How many times did Lazarus die? If you are right that one dies just once, the event of the resurrection of Lazarus by Jesus was a parable. How do you take it, as a parable or that you are wrong and man can die more than once? If you ask me, it was a parable for I do agree with you that man dies only once.
I believe that Lazarus (as well as the others who were risen from the dead by Christ) did not die a second time, but rather were taken up just as Enoch was.

Aimiel

According to the Bible, the penalty for sin is death, not eternal conscious torment in hell, and the gift of God is eternal life in Christ. I don't think that you will ever understand this, only because you refuse to accept the truth.
No, it isn't 'truth' that eternal conscious torment described in Scripture is a fallacy. I believe that what Christ said is true. You don't. He said eternal torment, you say, "No way." I believe Him, not you.

Aimiel

it seems harsh to me, the final judgement, because i don't know where i'll stand. it would be nice to have lived a good and righteous life and feel confident of my salvation, i know how bad i am. painfully aware. i judge myself harshly and i can't see why Jesus won't send me to hell. that's why i have to continually try to stay in The Word in spite of the world around me. i suppose we will all understand in the end and i take comfort and peace from that. i trust in God and Jesus whatever my own fate. i find contentment in knowing deep in my soul that God wins and evil will no longer exist.
If you don't know where you stand, you don't know God. Jesus has said that faith in Him will cause you to not have to die. You won't face judgment because of His Blood. All of us deserve hell. We don't try to live righteously, because to do so would trample Jesus' Blood under our feet. We reject Him by trying to do works to be accepted by Him. That's what religion teaches. Christianity teaches salvation by grace (un-merited favor) through faith in Christ. We accept His Righteousness and walk according to the faith that He gives us. We trust that we have eternal life. This is the reason that we can praise and worship Him. We have life. Abundant life. Eternal life. Those who reject Him have eternal torment.

Timotheos

No, it isn't 'truth' that eternal conscious torment described in Scripture is a fallacy. I believe that what Christ said is true. You don't. He said eternal torment, you say, "No way." I believe Him, not you.

Christ said that sinners go to eternal torment in hell when they die???
Excuse me, but could you please give me the Chapter and Verse for that?

(If you want, I can give YOU the Chapter and Verse where Jesus Christ said that those who do not repent will perish)

I'm sorry but I believe that what Christ said is true, and You are saying something else entirely.

But here is your BIG chance. SHOW ME where Jesus Christ said "The lost go to eternal torment in hell when they die". You Claimed it, You must PROVE it.

CherubRam

If you don't know where you stand, you don't know God. Jesus has said that faith in Him will cause you to not have to die. You won't face judgment because of His Blood. All of us deserve hell. We don't try to live righteously, because to do so would trample Jesus' Blood under our feet. We reject Him by trying to do works to be accepted by Him. That's what religion teaches. Christianity teaches salvation by grace (un-merited favor) through faith in Christ. We accept His Righteousness and walk according to the faith that He gives us. We trust that we have eternal life. This is the reason that we can praise and worship Him. We have life. Abundant life. Eternal life. Those who reject Him have eternal torment.

When are you going to study your bible? The word "Hell" is not even in the original scriptures.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Why would Death and Hell need to be cast into the Lake of Fire? Simply because they are enemies of God and living spirits (rulers of the darkness of this world) and need to be punished. The last enemy that shall be defeated is Death. We will bring him to his knees with our faith in God's ability to raise the dead. We will cause Death to no longer be able to do his job.

And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

When we have brought Death to his knees with our faith, our job of subduing Christ's enemies will be complete and He will return for a glorious and victorious church.
Hell is real. Jesus spoke about hell more than any other person in the Bible. :poly:

If God is not just, than God is not good. When they are weeping and gnashing their teeth, I will be doing the Snoopy dance (Deut 28:63, Ps 139:22).
happydance.gif

Hell is described as: everlasting fire (Matt. 25:41), everlasting punishment (Matt. 25:46), outer darkness (Matt. 8:12), everlasting destruction (2 Thess. 1:9), lake of fire (Rev. 19:20). :burnlib: Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 283). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

Last edited:

Aimiel

Show us the scripture where he says that?
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Aimiel

No, He didn't say that sinners go to hell when they die where they undergo eternal conscious torment.

You failed to give the Chapter and Verse, in other words you Lied when you claimed "Christ said Eternal Torment".
No, you lie when you twist His Words to match your pet theology.

Aimiel

He said many thing which need to be considered together to gain understanding. If yours is darkened, don't blame The Bible.

Timotheos

No, you lie when you twist His Words to match your pet theology.

I never twisted His Words, but you did when you claimed that He said "Eternal Torment" when He never did.

I am sick of you and Totten claiming that I lied when I didn't. It's shameful. You both should be ashamed of yourselves.

You claim that Jesus said "Eternal Torment", if He did, then it should be simple to say where He said it. I think you both are liars.

Timotheos

He said many thing which need to be considered together to gain understanding. If yours is darkened, don't blame The Bible.

So simply give the chapter and verse where Jesus said eternal torment. You claimed He said it. You claimed I was I liar because I said that He didn't say it. Totten said I was a liar for saying that Jesus never said "eternal torment". If you two want to call me a liar, show where Jesus said it. It should be simple if Jesus really said it.

Timotheos

Aimiel and Totten,

You both should admit that I never lied, that you falsely accused me of lying, and you should admit that the Bible never says that Jesus ever said "eternal torment".

Are you able to do this?

Timotheos

I just did a combined word search of the entire Bible on BibleGateway.com for the two words combined "eternal" + "torment".

No results found. The words "eternal torment" never occur together in the Bible. It is impossible for the Bible to have said that Jesus said "eternal torment".

Aimiel lied when he said that Jesus said "eternal torment".