THERE ARE TWO GODS

OCTOBER23

KEYPURR said,

1.Jesus is a man anointed with the express image of the Father.

2.The son of God is a spirit like his Father.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. HERE IS WHAT ANOINTED MEANS

04899 משׁיח mashiyach

AV-anointed 37, Messiah 2; 39

1) anointed, anointed one
1a) of the Messiah, Messianic prince
1b) of the king of Israel
1c) of the high priest of Israel
1d) of Cyrus
1e) of the patriarchs as anointed
=============================

The Son radiates God the Father's own glory and expresses the very character of God,

and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command to the Billions of Angels.

When he had cleansed us from our sins, he sat down in the place of honor

at the right hand of the majestic God in heaven.
----------------------------------------------------------

JESUS IS COMING BACK AND IS NOT JUST A SPIRIT

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you,

I will come again, and receive you unto myself;

that where I am, there ye may be also.

John 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me,

be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory,

which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
First of all Jesus is not LORD of the OT.

This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens. (Genesis 2:4 NKJV)​

Who made all things and without him nothing was made that was made?

The word "LORD" is the KJV word for YHVH.

keypurr

This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens. (Genesis 2:4 NKJV)​

Who made all things and without him nothing was made that was made?

The word "LORD" is the KJV word for YHVH.

Jesus is a man that did not exist in the OT.

The spirit being that was in him did. The spiritual son of God existed before the universe.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is a man that did not exist in the OT.

Let's say for the sake of discussion that Abraham existed in the OT. Jesus said he existed before Abraham.

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” (John 8:58 NKJV)​

BigBoof1959

Alan Segal wrote a book titled "Two Powers in Heaven" that documents the discussion that ancient Jewish scholars had about the way their scriptures point to"two YHVH" one in heaven and invisible, the other in visible form. Sometimes both are found in the same passage. At times the text makes a distinction between the Two, some times not. The scribe's discussions on the significance of this took place long before Jesus came, but in Matthew 26:64 when Jesus answered His interrogators with a quote linking Himself to the One mentioned in Daniel 7:13 "Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven" they knew exactly what Jesus was claiming. They saw this as an explicit claim of being the "2nd YHVH" of their scriptures and it was too much for them. It was not declared heretical to believe in "two YHVH" until the second century A.D. as Christianity became widespread. So how stupid were those ancient, pre-Christ Hebrews who argued over what to make of the way scripture speaks of two YHVH? Why wasn't it an open and shut case against the idea of "Two Powers" in heaven? Weren't they smart enough to understand that the word "echad" in the Shema HAS to mean one and only one? (or does it?)

Michael Heiser has expanded on Alan Segal's work, and has also written extensively on the idea that God the Father and Jesus created and rule the universe through the agency of a "divine council" made up of "elohim". You can find him at www.michaelsheiser.com.

If Jesus is not God, then God allowed His scriptures to contain a huge number of places where a lot of explanation is needed to avoid confusion and stumbling into idolatry. I don't want to be the one to try to explain those scriptures away.

keypurr

Let's say for the sake of discussion that Abraham existed in the OT. Jesus said he existed before Abraham.

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” (John 8:58 NKJV)​

The spirit that was in Jesus spoke through him. Jesus was born, he was a man. Most folks do not see the special spirit that resided in Jesus. The express image of the Father, the spiritual son of the most high was IN Jesus.

Elia

Alan Segal wrote a book titled "Two Powers in Heaven" that documents the discussion that ancient Jewish scholars had about the way their scriptures point to"two YHVH" one in heaven and invisible, the other in visible form. Sometimes both are found in the same passage. At times the text makes a distinction between the Two, some times not. The scribe's discussions on the significance of this took place long before Jesus came, but in Matthew 26:64 when Jesus answered His interrogators with a quote linking Himself to the One mentioned in Daniel 7:13 "Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven" they knew exactly what Jesus was claiming. They saw this as an explicit claim of being the "2nd YHVH" of their scriptures and it was too much for them. It was not declared heretical to believe in "two YHVH" until the second century A.D. as Christianity became widespread. So how stupid were those ancient, pre-Christ Hebrews who argued over what to make of the way scripture speaks of two YHVH? Why wasn't it an open and shut case against the idea of "Two Powers" in heaven? Weren't they smart enough to understand that the word "echad" in the Shema HAS to mean one and only one? (or does it?)

Michael Heiser has expanded on Alan Segal's work, and has also written extensively on the idea that God the Father and Jesus created and rule the universe through the agency of a "divine council" made up of "elohim". You can find him at www.michaelsheiser.com.

If Jesus is not God, then God allowed His scriptures to contain a huge number of places where a lot of explanation is needed to avoid confusion and stumbling into idolatry. I don't want to be the one to try to explain those scriptures away.

Bs"d

There is no problem whatsoever. Your imaginary problems start because you are brainwashed with Christianity's polytheism, and the wrong idea that the messiah is going to be God Himself, or at least divine.

In Daniel 7 we see the messiah coming, but that is no problem whatsoever, because the messiah is a human being, and not God, and not divine.

Christians, because they believe in two or three gods, try to twist every text so that they can see multiple Gods, but there is only one God who is one, and that is Y-H-W-H.

For more about that look HERE.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

BigBoof1959

Christians, because they believe in two or three gods, try to twist every text so that they can see multiple Gods, but there is only one God who is one, and that is Y-H-W-H.

Here is part of my post that you did not deal with-

It was not declared heretical to believe in "two YHVH" until the second century A.D. as Christianity became widespread. So how stupid were those ancient, pre-Christ Hebrews who argued over what to make of the way scripture speaks of two YHVH? Why wasn't it an open and shut case against the idea of "Two Powers" in heaven? Weren't they smart enough to understand that the word "echad" in the Shema HAS to mean one and only one? (or does it?)

If it is as clear cut as you claim, why was there so much discussion among the ancient Hebrew scribes and leaders about "two YHVH" in the scriptures long before there were any Christians? And why did they wait to put the kabosh on it until the second century A.D.?

Elia

Here is part of my post that you did not deal with-

It was not declared heretical to believe in "two YHVH" until the second century A.D. as Christianity became widespread. So how stupid were those ancient, pre-Christ Hebrews who argued over what to make of the way scripture speaks of two YHVH? Why wasn't it an open and shut case against the idea of "Two Powers" in heaven? Weren't they smart enough to understand that the word "echad" in the Shema HAS to mean one and only one? (or does it?)

If it is as clear cut as you claim, why was there so much discussion among the ancient Hebrew scribes and leaders about "two YHVH" in the scriptures long before there were any Christians? And why did they wait to put the kabosh on it until the second century A.D.?

Bs"d

What is there to deal with? Did those guys ever exist? Who are they?

Why bother what some nut cases come up with?

Judaism teaches already 3300 year that GOD IS ONE.

No "two gods" in Judaism. Also no "trinity", or other nonsense.

שמע ישראל י-ה-ו-ה אלהנו י-ה-ו-ה אחד

Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is
ONE.​

And you shall love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart;
and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
And you shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deut 6:4-9

The Jews until this day fulfill this commandment. Every morning they put upon their arm and upon their forehead their phylacteries, (prayer belts) that consist of black straps with black leather cubes, that contain parchment upon which is written this Biblical text that says that God is one. Upon the doorposts of the houses of the religious Jews there are small boxes or containers that also contain parchment upon which is written that God is one. During the morning and evening prayers the above text is recited which says that God is one.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The spirit that was in Jesus spoke through him. Jesus was born, he was a man. Most folks do not see the special spirit that resided in Jesus. The express image of the Father, the spiritual son of the most high was IN Jesus.

Did this so called special spirit die?

keypurr

What did he say on the cross?
Father into your hands I commend my spirit.

What spirit was he talking about?
How many different spirits are there?
One is the breath of life.
What are demons?

How man words are translated as spirit in the Greek?

OCTOBER23

Elia, said,
Upon the doorposts of the houses of the religious Jews there are small boxes or containers that also contain parchment upon which is written that God is one. During the morning and evening prayers the above text is recited which says that God is one.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is Excellent - keep up the good and faithful work.

As JESUS said,

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life:

and they are they which testify of me.

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will,

but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me

I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which sees the Son,

and believes on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

OCTOBER23

KEYPURRRR said,

1.What spirit was he talking about?

1a. His Own - There is a spirit in man.

2.How many different spirits are there?

2a. lots

What are demons?

SO ARE YOU SAYING THAT JESUS HAD A DEMON ???????!!!!! :nono::nono:

I don't know , its all Greek to me.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Death is the separation of body and spirit. (James 2:26 NKJV)

There is a human spirit that provides intellect to a person. This means there are two spirits, the human spirit and God's Spirit.

For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. (1 Corinthians 2:11 NKJV)​

Jesus yielded his spirit, his human spirit to God. Stephen did the same thing. (Acts 7:59)

You are confusing the Spirit of God with the human spirit.

The Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of God. (Romans 8:9)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The word "spirit" in the Greek is pneuma which means wind.

Jesus said, "The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." (John 3:8 NKJV)

We have not yet been born of the Spirit, but only begotten of the Spirit awaiting the redemption of our body. (Romans 8:23)

We adopt a new body when Jesus comes for us.

keypurr

Demons are sinners who may or may not continue to live depending on the judgment of the saints.

I thought they were sent into the swine. Demons are evil spirits. It seems that there are a few Greek words to express spirits.

keypurr

The word "spirit" in the Greek is pneuma which means wind.

Jesus said, "The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." (John 3:8 NKJV)

We have not yet been born of the Spirit, but only begotten of the Spirit awaiting the redemption of our body. (Romans 8:23)

We adopt a new body when Jesus comes for us.

We must be born again, I think some of us are born of the spirit. Flesh is flesh, spirit is spirit. If I am the temple of God I am in the spirit.

keypurr

I thought they were sent into the swine. Demons are evil spirits. It seems that there are a few Greek words to express

KEYPURRRR said,

1.What spirit was he talking about?

1a. His Own - There is a spirit in man.

2.How many different spirits are there?

2a. lots

What are demons?

SO ARE YOU SAYING THAT JESUS HAD A DEMON ???????!!!!! :nono::nono:

I don't know , its all Greek to me.

Show me where I said Jesus had a demon.