The Word of God?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
God doesn't regulate sin.

If slavery was wrong, then He would have forbade it, not told His people how to manage their slaves.

Slavery is a good thing, when used appropriately.

It's good for deterring warmongering nations, and it's a good punishment for those who cannot pay off debt.

Close. You missed it by that much, IMHO. Slavery is wrong now, it was always wrong and God had nothing to do with it. It made it into the Bible because it was the way of the world. The same can be said about the subservient position of women. The Bible reflects that social norm of the time.

It is wrong now, but it wasn’t wrong then because back then it was how things were. Every thinking person should understand women are people just as valuable as men, and arguably more so. Yet, only know are women being treated as they should be, and only in modern countries, in some instances.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I don't know exactly what ya'll are arguing about and I'm not gonna say your wrong or anything, I just want to state that even Christians that go to Bible College or Pastors that study the bible their whole life can't consider themselves experts. No-one can because no matter how many times you read it, some of the word you read will have different context or as you age you can apply it differently. I'm not gonna say you absolutely clueless or that you don't know. More likely you are very intelligent when it comes to the word, I don't know you so I can't say much. I'm just saying, no matter your faith (even Christians themselves),can't call themselves an expert of the word or Bible. I say all this as said to me by many Pastors who have studied and studied.

Disagree because 10,000 hours of practice on anything generally makes one an expert according to modern scientific research.

Angel's Girl

Disagree because 10,000 hours of practice on anything generally makes one an expert according to modern scientific research.

Hey, i'm not arguing. You're free to disagree but don't try to argue with a Pastor of a church. lol I believe my own thing and you believe yours. I was just stating my opinion.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
The Bible says that bishops are authentic teachers of the Christian faith in all matters of faith and morals. Lying is a moral matter. So we just read the 'Catechism.' What we (ancient Christians) don't do, is what you continue to presume that we all do, which is to study our Bibles and whatever we feel that God is leading us to believe about it, is therefore what God wants us to believe. That's Protestant. It's novel. Invented in the 1500s. Whereas the bishops were invented in the first century, within the Apostolic era, by the Apostles themselves. The bishops today hold that same office that was instituted by the Apostles. This office is authorized to teach the authentic Christian faith in all matters of faith and morals. Lying is a moral matter.

At least you tried to answer the question. I’ll give you props for that. No other Christian tried to and I know why.

In any event you didn’t answer the question because I asked what the Bible says about liars.

The Bible says all liars go to hell. You would know it as The Apocalypse of St. John, Protestants know it as the Revelation. The last book of the Bible says all liars go to hell.

Look it up.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
The Bible clearly states that all liars burn in the Lake Of Fire where the beast and false prophet reside. It doesn’t say all liars except for Christians one go there. It says all liars go there.

So, if you’re a Christian and you’re a liar, according to the Bible you’re gonna fry in the lake of fire.

glorydaz

The Bible clearly states that all liars burn in the Lake Of Fire where the beast and false prophet reside. It doesn’t say all liars except for Christians one go there. It says all liars go there.

So, if you’re a Christian and you’re a liar, according to the Bible you’re gonna fry in the lake of fire.

Ignoring, of course, the Gospel of Grace. :nono:

glorydaz

At least you tried to answer the question. I’ll give you props for that. No other Christian tried to and I know why.

In any event you didn’t answer the question because I asked what the Bible says about liars.

The Bible says all liars go to hell. You would know it as The Apocalypse of St. John, Protestants know it as the Revelation. The last book of the Bible says all liars go to hell.

Look it up.

The Bible says liars are sinners. There is a remedy for sin, but you don't know that. This is why you continue to make statements like all unbelievers make.

glorydaz

The Bible doesn't teach the slavery is right. It assumes that slavery exists, and sets rules on how slaves are to be treated.

Correct. God allowed it, but it was never His perfect will for mankind.

God doesn't regulate sin.

If slavery was wrong, then He would have forbade it, not told His people how to manage their slaves.

Slavery is a good thing, when used appropriately.

It's good for deterring warmongering nations, and it's a good punishment for those who cannot pay off debt.

:shut:

The regulation of a practice does not mean God condones it.

Ah, like polygamy?

Slavery and polygamy were ALLOWED by God because of the hardness of men's hearts, just as Moses allowed divorce.

Matthew 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.​

Right Divider

Body part
The phrase “Son of God” is used 86 times in the NT according to the NKJV. It refers to Jesus. In first John chapter five the Bible states that Jesus being the Son of God is the True God and eternal life.
What's your point? That nothing in there says that Jesus is not God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Correct. God allowed it, but it was never His perfect will for mankind.

:shut:

The regulation of a practice does not mean God condones it.

To the extent that you regulate anything is the extent of which you condone it.

Slavery and polygamy were ALLOWED by God because of the hardness of men's hearts, just as Moses allowed divorce.

Matthew 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.​

To correct and add to what I said previously:

Slavery is justifiable (something you can never do with anything inherently wrong) in three circumstances:

To deter warfare
To punish criminals
To pay off debt

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
You accurately quoted our conversation and any intelligent person can see what you did. You spun my words into something they were not.
. . . Christ's Resurrection is nonfiction historical fact . . . .
. . . No. It is not a historical fact . . . .
These are your words, or not? Where is the 'spin?'
I’m sorry to inform you that just because you believe something it isn’t automatically true.
Of course not, nobody said that.
What I said was truth. You don’t like it, but that doesn’t make it wrong.
. . . No. It is not a historical fact . . . .
I didn't say that you are wrong, I said that you don't believe in Christ's Resurrection. Do you disagree?
. . . I am a confirmed Catholic. If that means anything to you FWIW.
It does. Were you reared Catholic, or did you convert?
But I will tell you that I can be considered an expert on the Bible simply because of the number of hours of study that I have in it.
You can be an expert in what the words of the Bible are. You are not and cannot be an expert on what it means, without submitting to the authorized teaching authority of the authentic teaching office that's actually talked about in the Bible.

Idolater

Look it up.
The Bible says that all grave sinners are going to hell. What of it? Do you think that those who tell 'white lies' are going to hell due only to their 'white lies?' Or is it possible that the liars talked about are guilty of lying that is more grave than 'white lies?' E.g., lying under oath in order to convict an innocent person, is graver than any 'white lies.'

Idolater

And now you are pronouncing a teaching as if you are an authorized teacher of the Christian faith. iow you're acting like you think that You're a bishop.

Are you a bishop?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
And now you are pronouncing a teaching as if you are an authorized teacher of the Christian faith. iow you're acting like you think that You're a bishop.

Are you a bishop?

No, I'm just a guy who knows how to read and understands what words mean.

I couldn't be a bishop because of those ridiculous outfits they wear - among other things. You know, like being married to my wife and being able to have children the way that the Bible tells me God wanted things to be and the way nature demonstrates things are supposed to be.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
The Bible says that all grave sinners are going to hell. What of it? Do you think that those who tell 'white lies' are going to hell due only to their 'white lies?' Or is it possible that the liars talked about are guilty of lying that is more grave than 'white lies?' E.g., lying under oath in order to convict an innocent person, is graver than any 'white lies.'

Nope. I don't believe in hell, it's a make up story based on Greek Mythology. I believe that someone as great as God would never place anyone in hell to be tormented forever.

It's almost the worst thing a person can imagine. A God who is love who would torture the people he made. It just sounds too crazy to be real, to me. I believe that if God wanted people dead, he could instantly demolecularize them in a millisecond so that they would instantly vaporize.

That would be the loving way to kill someone. IMHO. FWIW

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes there is. It says he's the Son of God.
Which does not inherently exclude Him from being God, especially according to our position.

In order for you to claim that Jesus is not God because He is the Son of God, you need to show, using OUR position, why the Son of God cannot be God.

Idolater

No, I'm just a guy who knows how to read and understands what words mean.
Then you must understand that bishops today are holding the only valid and authentic teaching office that the Christian faith has. Read your 'Catechism,' and understand what those words mean, to answer all your questions.
I couldn't be a bishop because of those ridiculous outfits they wear - among other things. You know, like being married to my wife and being able to have children the way that the Bible tells me God wanted things to be and the way nature demonstrates things are supposed to be.
The bishops have the power to specify what it takes to be a bishop. :idunno: