The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where is the word Trinity? You making up a word the means three but your interpretation,
I don't thing GOD would appreciate that you are adding words to scripture. Now a hundred years from now (if we are still around, Trinity will be in the Bible and someone would be defending it saying it God's word , when in actuality it is another made-up word from Man .
Did you know that the word God is another made up name Originally God true name was in the Bible but someone decided that his name was to heavenly for mere mortals to udder , so someone (Jews) said hey we will use the name God instead . What you call scripture has been changed and re-written so many times that I could that most of it does not evenly relate to the oriental text and meaning . You will find the Flood story in a lot of pre-christen text back thousand of years before . Also virgin birth and many other similarities.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Haven't added a thing. Sorry you do not want to know the proper interpretation of the nature of God.

popsthebuilder

The Son who was a man claims to be God.

John 1:1 New International Version (NIV)The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 New International Version (NIV)

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Jesus said none of that. Nor did He call himself the word of GOD.

Not to mention that word comes out of and from GOD. As attested to throughout scripture.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe the written word of GOD in all it's for a I have thus witnessed.

What? You don't believe John's prologue. Pop's, the Bible is the inerrant Word of God written by the Holy Spirit through chosen men. It is the only sacred text of Christianity. Believe it or don't believe it. Do not cherry pick between what you like and what you do not like.

popsthebuilder

What? You don't believe John's prologue. Pop's, the Bible is the inerrant Word of God written by the Holy Spirit through chosen men. It is the only sacred text of Christianity. Believe it or don't believe it. Do not cherry pick between what you like and what you do not like.
I'm not....how do I deny that the word was GOD again?

popsthebuilder

Then what is your problem with John 1:1, 14
I have no problem whatsoever with John 1:1; I would like scripture showing that it refers strictly to the material body and temple of the manifestation of GOD rather than the Christ; which is the Spirit of GOD to me; surely now; since His assertion and placement at the right hand of GOD.

I wholly agree that the Word of GOD became/ becomes flesh and dwelled/ dwells among us.

So what is it you are referencing please?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Quote from "Jesus is God":

".....Jesus refers to himself with the divine name — I am —in several places. This "I am" formula is a reference back to the Divine Name revealed to Moses in Ex. 3:14. Not only does Jesus refer to himself as "I am" four times in John’s Gospel (see John 8:24; 58; 13:19 and 18:5-6), but when he does so in John 8:58, the Jews to whom he was speaking understood his meaning because they immediately wanted to stone him for blasphemy!

Jesus places his word on the same level as the word of God—the Old Testament. "You have heard it said . . . but I say to you . . ." (see Matt. 5:21-28). This is in sharp contrast to the prophets of old who always made clear the word they were speaking was not their own: "The word of the Lord came unto me, saying . . . " (cf. Jer. 1:11; Ezek. 1:3, etc.). Only God possesses this kind of authority.

Jesus is referred to as "equal" with God by both John and Paul. In John 5:18, the author comments on why the Jews wanted to kill Jesus: "Because he called God his Father, making himself equal with God." Paul refers to Jesus when he was "in the form (Gk. morphe; in Greek usage this word means the set of characteristics that makes a thing what it is) of God" thinking "his equality with God" not something to be g.asped onto, but emptying himself and becoming man (cf. Phil. 2:6-10). Paul assumes his readers already knew Jesus to be equal with God, the Father.

Jesus is referred to in the New Testament with the title Lord as it is uniquely applied to Yahweh in the Old Testament. Jesus calls himself "the Lord of the Sabbath" in Mark 2:28. The Sabbath is referred to as the "Sabbath of Yahweh" in the Old Testament (cf. Ex. 20:10; see also Is. 8:13, referred to in 1 Peter 3:15; and Joel 2:31-32, quoted both in Acts 2:20-21 and in Rom. 10:13).

source link

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

I
n Revelation 22:6, 13, 16, Jesus reveals Himself to be "the Alpha and the Omega . . . the beginning and the end":

And he said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place . . . I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end . . . I Jesus have sent my angel to you with this testimony for the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright morning star."

Jesus is God.

popsthebuilder

I
n Revelation 22:6, 13, 16, Jesus reveals Himself to be "the Alpha and the Omega . . . the beginning and the end":

And he said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place . . . I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end . . . I Jesus have sent my angel to you with this testimony for the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright morning star."

Jesus is God.

Christ is GOD. Jesus was the physical manifestation of GOD filled with the Word of GOD/Holy Spirit; making Him Christ.

The Word of GOD was GOD prior to the physical manifestation of Jesus (GOD with us).

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have no problem whatsoever with John 1:1; I would like scripture showing that it refers strictly to the material body and temple of the manifestation of GOD rather than the Christ; which is the Spirit of GOD to me; surely now; since His assertion and placement at the right hand of GOD.

I wholly agree that the Word of GOD became/ becomes flesh and dwelled/ dwells among us.

So what is it you are referencing please?

Post 24342