The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And you couldn't simply agree when I asked if subsistence meant existence? In fact you said that was not what it meant.
You simply do not read well. You continue to overlook the individuation aspect in my posts. Did you take the time to read the links related to anhypostatic and enhypostatic in my earlier post?

You assume a demeanor in this thread that you hope to be taken as discerning and clever. You like to be quick with the "Gotchas!". That may play well with the casual poster here and there, but if you intend to have an edifying discussion with me, you will have to drop the tactic.

AMR

glorydaz

Then I would forfeit. If I can't even be afforded my own response, as if I am somehow lesser than another then there is little point debating because one will never hear the other.

Pops, you can't even decide what you believe much less debate it. You are lesser than another....not even ready for the simplest truths. Your first step would be to believe what is written instead of making up your own book. You simply can't do that.

drbrumley

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Matthew 3:3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

glorydaz

You simply do not read well. You continue to overlook the individuation aspect in my posts. Did you take the time to read the links related to anhypostatic and enhypostatic in my earlier post?

You assume a demeanor in this thread that you hope to be taken as discerning and clever. You like to be quick with the "Gotchas!". That may play well with the casual poster here and there, but if you intend to have an edifying discussion with me, you will have to drop the tactic.

AMR

Yep...you hit that nail right on the head. :thumb:

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't make deals with the...AMR.
Which is to say, you are not willing to stake your claim to victory to a meaningful test, that is, a "victory" in your mind alone. :AMR1:

And I get the subtlety in your response, which refutes all your lachrymose claims to being put upon in a negative light. It is clear you are not adverse to doing what you whine about often, lady.

Beam. Eye. Remove it.

AMR

God's Truth

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Matthew 3:3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

John the baptizer prepared the way for Jesus. He came preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins (Luke 1:76-80).
We are still to confess that we are sinners, and to repent, to prepare the way for Jesus Christ to live in our heart.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

God's Truth

The Father SENT the Son and the Son SENT the Holy Spirit.

The Father sends the Holy Spirit

Galatians 4:6 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." And John 14:26.

The Father sends the Holy Spirit, and the scriptures say that Jesus did. That is more proof they are the same.

Luke 24:49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high." And John 15:26; 16:7.

I just stick with what scripture says.

And the three are one.

I just gave scriptures that say The Father sends the Holy Spirit and scriptures that say Jesus is sending the Holy Spirit. They are one and the same.

God's Truth

Which is to say, you are not willing to stake your claim to victory to a meaningful test, that is, a "victory" in your mind alone. :AMR1:

And I get the subtlety in your response, which refutes all your lachrymose claims to being put upon in a negative light. It is clear you are not adverse to doing what you whine about often, lady.

Beam. Eye. Remove it.

AMR

You know you were trying to make a bad deal.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You know you were trying to make a bad deal.
Actually, what I know is what the evidence supports. And I am willing to stake something significant upon it.

You, on the other hand, prefer to rest in your own imagination, unwilling to put what you think you know to the test of what others think you know.

And you pointedly ignore the full content of my post, as relates to your underhanded implications in my direction. So when you are whining about how badly you are spoken about by others, remember that when you draw blood, the privilege of responding in kind should not be denied, nor hypocritically complained about afterwards.

AMR

God's Truth

Actually, what I know is what the evidence supports. And I am willing to stake something significant upon it.

You, on the other hand, prefer to rest in your own imagination, unwilling to put what you think you know to the test of what others think you know.

And you pointedly ignore the full content of my post, as relates to your underhanded implications in my direction. So when you are whining about how badly you are spoken about by others, remember that when you draw first blood, the privilege of responding in kind should not be denied, nor complained about afterwards.

AMR

I am not interested in what you have to say.

God's Truth

Then stop responding to me. Otherwise, what you claim is not really what you believe (James 1:8).

AMR

We can comment on any post we would like to comment on and say whatever we want to say. You are the one who keeps bringing me up and speaking about the debate we had and claiming victory.

drbrumley

John the baptizer prepared the way for Jesus. He came preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins (Luke 1:76-80).
We are still to confess that we are sinners, and to repent, to prepare the way for Jesus Christ to live in our heart.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Say they did repent, then sin again, they lose salvation?

God's Truth

Faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.

As for Calvinists---God does NOT save unbelievers.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We can comment on any post we would like to comment on and say whatever we want to say. You are the one who keeps bringing me up and speaking about the debate we had and claiming victory.
In other words, you are interested in what I have to say, despite claims to the contrary. Which is why you continue to quote me, write responses to me, and generally pay attention to me. That's interest.

Let me help you out of this corner you have painted yourself into. Better to state, you have no interest in what I have to say other than to note that I have nothing worth your interest.

Of course, when you adopt that stance, you have once more demonstrated your interest in what I have to say. :AMR:

Your only recourse is to actually ignore me, never respond to me, never mention me directly or indirectly. Then again, by taking the pains to do so, you once more demonstrate interest, albeit negatively so, in what I have to say.

AMR