The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

No, I believe God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) as the BIBLE teaches.

Deut. 6:4 Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our Eloheem[PLURAL] is one[SINGULAR] Jehovah.

From the FIRST (from the BEGINNING) I (the ONE SENT) have not spoken in secret, from the time it took place (when it ALL happened), I (the ONE SENT) was there. And now the Lord GOD (the Father) has sent Me (the Son), AND His Spirit (the Holy Spirit)" Isaiah 48:12-16

Also Isaiah 42:1 and Isaiah 61:1

You, gt, reject what God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) says about Himself and that is your loss.

Your god is so small you have no problem understanding your god.

My God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) is so awesome it will take a lifetime of studying what He left written in His word about Himself. The more I study about my God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) the more awesome He becomes to me.
And the reason you divide GOD? Why do you say she has a separate GOD? Is it not because you do not believe that belief is doing? What other division is there? Surely you can see how believing is doing in the writings ascribed to St. Paul, so....what else is there? Does she not proclaim Jesus the Christ as her Lord and Savior? Why do you want to act like she worships some other GOD? There is only One, you know.
Is it possible that those who proclaim belief is not causal to works pleasing to GOD would rather be comfortable in this life? And is such not synonymous with unbelief? Because surely if one actually believes a thing; such as blessed eternity and resurrection from the dead, and the Spirit of GOD dwelling in believers, then that would be reflected not only in action, but here in word. You wouldn't speak against the works of GOD if you believed. Still; surely you are safer than some, as knowing and doing are two different things, and knowing yet neglecting to do will surely weigh heavier against us that not knowing at all.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Oh, no, not me. John wrote that around 2000 years ago.

Here is what he wrote, and I'll highlight the portions that I quoted above:

John 1:1
ʼΕν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὀ Δὁγος καὶ ὀ Δὁγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν Θεόν καὶ Θεὸς ἦν ὀ Δὁγος
In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and God was the Word

John 1:14
Καὶ ὀ Δὁγοσ σὰρξ ἐγένετο καὶ ἐσκήνωσεν ἐν ἡμῖν καὶ ἐθεασάμεθα τὴν δόξαν αὐτοῦ δόξαν ὡσ μονογενοῦσ παρὰ Πατρός πλήρησ χάριτος καὶ ἀληθείασ
And the Word flesh became, and dwelt among us, and we beheld the glory of him, a glory as of an only only-begotten with a Father, full of grace and truth.
My apologies. Where are you getting this from?

lifeisgood

You are changing your answer.

Over my dead body!

By the way, if you cannot explain your answer you certainly cannot defend it. LOL

I have explained more than once, however, you, gt, make fun of God's Truth.

Okay then, you believe they are not separate?

My God is a paradoxical Being, One who is beyond human comprehension and unlike any created thing as the Bible clearly declares.

Your god, gt, on the other hand is NOT a paradoxical being. Your god, gt, is too small in comparison to God's Truth found in the Bible.

Just in case your dictionary is in the other room and the coffee did not kick in yet and you're too tired to get up and go get it: A paradox is something which, on the surface, seems contradictory or inconsistent but in reality isn’t.

The Holy Bible teaches that God is beyond comprehension and unlike His creation: (thing that you, gt, reject)

"Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty? They are higher than the heavens—what can you do? They are deeper than the depths of the grave — what can you know? Their measure is longer than the earth and wider than the sea" Job 11:7-9

"O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain" Psalm 139:1-6

"He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit" Psalm 147:4-5

Your god, gt, is limited.

"Who has directed the Spirit of the LORD, or instructed him as his counselor? Whom did the LORD consult to enlighten him, and who taught him the right way? Who was it that taught him knowledge or showed him the path of understanding?" Isaiah 40:13-14

"‘For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the LORD. ‘As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.’" Isaiah 55:8-9

Your god, gt, is no higher than your ways or your thoughts.

"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! ‘Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?’ ‘Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?’ For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen." Romans 11:33-36

"may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge — that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:18-19

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

You, gt, reject what God says of Himself to your loss.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

And the reason you divide GOD?

I do not divide God for God is one.

Why do you say she has a separate GOD?

I have no idea what you're talking about as you agree with her.

Is it not because you do not believe that belief is doing?

I BELIEVE you present YOURSELF as popsthebuilder. How much doing was that?

What other division is there?

The ones that you make.

Surely you can see how believing is doing in the writings ascribed to St. Paul, so....what else is there?

Sure you can see that you present yourself as popsthebuilder, so….what else is there?

Does she not proclaim Jesus the Christ as her Lord and Savior?

Yes, she does. So do you.

Why do you want to act like she worships some other GOD?

She does not worship my God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) and I do not believe that you worship my God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) either.

There is only One, you know.

Do you also believe as she does that Jesus is the Father with a physical body?

lifeisgood

Is it possible that those who proclaim belief is not causal to works pleasing to GOD would rather be comfortable in this life? And is such not synonymous with unbelief?

TO BE SAVED, popsthebuilder as gt believe?

Because surely if one actually believes a thing; such as blessed eternity and resurrection from the dead, and the Spirit of GOD dwelling in believers, then that would be reflected not only in action, but here in word.

As when gt says that Jesus is God the Father with a physical body?

And is such not synonymous with unbelief?

I equate as synonymous with unbelief when someone says that Jesus is God the Father with a physical body.

You wouldn't speak against the works of GOD if you believed.

This is a libel statement.

Still; surely you are safer than some, as knowing and doing are two different things,…

What a new revelation 'knowing' and 'doing' is a new thought. Amazing, no one knew that.

and knowing yet neglecting to do will surely weigh heavier against us that not knowing at all.

And where did you, popsthebuilder, get the idea that a believer simply sits on a chair and that's that.

We should all be careful with that 'assuming' thingy.

God's Truth

TO BE SAVED, popsthebuilder as gt believe?

As when gt says that Jesus is God the Father with a physical body?

I equate as synonymous with unbelief when someone says that Jesus is God the Father with a physical body.

What a new revelation 'knowing' and 'doing' is a new thought. Amazing, no one knew that.

And where did you, popsthebuilder, get the idea that a believer simply sits on a chair and that's that.

Tell us what we have to do.

God's Truth

Well duh. Of course it's another scripture. I'm answering your silly questions that have nothing to do with the topic and that are libellous against me with scripture.

Saying something doesn't make it true.

That's not how it works, GT. But I'm not about to go into how red herrings work when it has nothing to do with the topic of the trinity.

So please, try to stay on topic.

You certainly are not.

I'm trying to, but you are avoiding answering my questions, which are relevant to the topic of the Trinity.

Not relevant to this discussion about the Trinity.

GT, has man been getting better or worse?

JR, I want to hear from you how miraculous Jesus' words are for you in life. Tell how much peace you have from doing what Jesus says.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
There is no difference between "ὁ Δόγος" in John 1:1 and in John 1:14, either in spelling or grammar.
The verbs aren't the same.

There's nothing in the context that says it's a different "word," and in fact if anything John wrote in such a way to force the reader to recognize that he's talking about the same "word" throughout, and that God is the Word, and that God became flesh through the Word that was with Him in the beginning, and that that Word is the Son of God, Jesus Christ, come in the flesh, the one who tabernacled among us.
I don't believe the words of God are the same in this context.

Maybe you study Hebrews 5:12 καὶ γὰρ ὀφείλοντες εἶναι διδάσκαλοι διὰ τὸν χρόνον πάλιν χρείαν ἔχετε τοῦ διδάσκειν ὑμᾶς τινὰ τὰ στοιχεῖα τῆς ἀρχῆς τῶν λογίων τοῦ θεοῦ καὶ γεγόνατε χρείαν ἔχοντες γάλακτος καὶ οὐ στερεᾶς τροφῆς

Notice the word logos is genitive plural and the words could and should be rendered words of a god. And we can assume it is the Hebrew god minus images/idols.

In the figurative sense, sure, Jesus is a "statement," a statement of righteousness, a statement that God loves us enough to have sent His son to die for us.
A logos the flesh was happening. Yes, even the Greek agrees with your analysis.

But I believe the translators translated the word Δόγος correctly as "word" in this passage. They were certainly smarter than we are combined.
I highly doubt any of them to be greater than you or me. The sloppiness is incredible, because they seem to know little, and interpret much.

God's Truth

Over my dead body!

I have explained more than once, however, you, gt, make fun of God's Truth.

My God is a paradoxical Being, One who is beyond human comprehension and unlike any created thing as the Bible clearly declares.
If you can't explain, then you can't defend.

You finally come around to understanding what I have been saying for years here, and that is that the trinity doctrine says they cannot explain.

That alone proves that you cannot go against me and defend your beliefs.
seemingly absurd or self-contradictory.
Your god, gt, on the other hand is NOT a paradoxical being. Your god, gt, is too small in comparison to God's Truth found in the Bible.
My God is the one and only God. He saved me and gives me understanding.
seemingly absurd or self-contradictory.
Just in case your dictionary is in the other room and the coffee did not kick in yet and you're too tired to get up and go get it: A paradox is something which, on the surface, seems contradictory or inconsistent but in reality isn’t.
Do you not know that it is easy to look up words on the Internet?
The Holy Bible teaches that God is beyond comprehension and unlike His creation: (thing that you, gt, reject)

"Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty? They are higher than the heavens—what can you do? They are deeper than the depths of the grave — what can you know? Their measure is longer than the earth and wider than the sea" Job 11:7-9

"O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain" Psalm 139:1-6

"He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit" Psalm 147:4-5

Your god, gt, is limited.

No, you can't defend your false doctrines, as is revealing.

"Who has directed the Spirit of the LORD, or instructed him as his counselor? Whom did the LORD consult to enlighten him, and who taught him the right way? Who was it that taught him knowledge or showed him the path of understanding?" Isaiah 40:13-14

"‘For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the LORD. ‘As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.’" Isaiah 55:8-9

Your god, gt, is no higher than your ways or your thoughts.

"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! ‘Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?’ ‘Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?’ For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen." Romans 11:33-36

"may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge — that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:18-19

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

You, gt, reject what God says of Himself to your loss.

You can't have it both ways. You can't give a doctrine you can't defend and claim you can't explain it because it is truth. So pathetic and it will not wash.

popsthebuilder

”TO BE SAVED, popsthebuilder as gt believe?"

We've been over this; not to be saved as the believer doesn't do for the sake of self or salvation of self.

"As when gt says that Jesus is God the Father with a physical body?"

Why try to cause further discord? The Spirit of GOD was indeed in the physical body that was Jesus when he walked the Earth, was it not? Does scripture say that the not holy spirit descended and rested upon Him? Or that perhaps THE Holy Spirit only visited with Him, or what? These are rhetorical if you were wondering. It is very simple to understand that if the Holy Spirit is the spirit inside the Christ which is indeed the case; and Jesus was the physical vessel or temple of GOD that the Spirit did dwell in among men, then yes, there is one GOD and that GOD is the One Creator GOD (the Father within context), and the Spirit that is the Spirit of the Father ((of) being key) is too the Christ and Jesus, being Christ can indeed be said to have been GOD manifest, such as the name Emmanuel attests.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk