The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Because you are starved for attention.

You don't even know the meaning of the word "debate".

Nor do you care.

I think that you are so confused what to say about your doctrine that you resort to saying the worst things that you can think of to say to another human being.

glorydaz

I think that you are so confused what to say about your doctrine that you resort to saying the worst things that you can think of to say to another human being.

Ha....if you think that's the worst I could say, you're a bigger fool than I imagined. :chuckle:

Instead I'll just repeat that "worst thing I could say to any human being".

You are starved for attention, and you don't know the meaning of the word "debate".

glorydaz

The Spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit.

Yes, The Holy Spirit is called the Spirit of Christ, just as He is called the Spirit of God.

It is the same Spirit of Jesus as a Man.

INCORRECT. God's Holy Spirit is not man's spirit, nor is man's spirit God's Holy Spirit.

Jesus was both God and man. As a man, He groaned in the spirit. It's that innermost man who groans in his distress to His God. What knoweth the things of man but the spirit of man which is in him?

John 11:33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.​

There isn't a Spirit of Christ and a different Spirit called the Holy Spirit.

The 3rd person of the triune God is the Holy Spirit. He is called the Spirit of Christ, and the Spirit of God, and the Comforter who was sent to dwell in the believer.

popsthebuilder

Yes, The Holy Spirit is called the Spirit of Christ, just as He is called the Spirit of God.

INCORRECT. God's Holy Spirit is not man's spirit, nor is man's spirit God's Holy Spirit.

Jesus was both God and man. As a man, He groaned in the spirit. It's that innermost man who groans in his distress to His God. What knoweth the things of man but the spirit of man which is in him?

John 11:33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.​

The 3rd person of the triune God is the Holy Spirit. He is called the Spirit of Christ, and the Spirit of God, and the Comforter who was sent to dwell in the believer.
So we all agree that GOD is the same Spirit regardless of which perspective you are speaking of?

glorydaz

Uhm.....not the same as.....just the same singular Spirit. If you look back at your post you'll see that you said exactly that in different words. That's all I meant and was asking.

Yes, the Holy Spirit is the 3rd (but equal) person of the Godhead. When you see any verse speaking of the Spirit of God or the Spirit of Christ, it is talking about the HOLY SPIRIT. There are other uses of the word "spirit" that do not refer to the Divine person of the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

Okay, glad you know that.

So then WHERE IS JESUS' MAN spirit now?

This is what I asked you from the beginning and you just can't answer it can you?

God's Truth

Yes, the Holy Spirit is the 3rd (but equal) person of the Godhead. When you see any verse speaking of the Spirit of God or the Spirit of Christ, it is talking about the HOLY SPIRIT. There are other uses of the word "spirit" that do not refer to the Divine person of the Holy Spirit.

And where is Jesus' man spirit?

You said Jesus is a Person not a spirit.

You said his man spirit is NOT the Holy Spirit.

So what happened to his man spirit?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
She utterly disregards the meaning of the original words used to write the Bible, what makes you think that coming up with her own translations is something she wouldn't do?
She should just cite chapter and verse and leave things at that. When she posts what purports to be the words of Scripture, never giving a translation citation, now we are all forced to go check her citation as she is making things up as she goes along.

This lady has some serious cognitive issues. I do feel sympathy for her. A lonely person slowly sinking into greater inwardness, spending all her time at this site. If TOL vanished tomorrow she would be beside herself. It is genuinely sad to me.

AMR

popsthebuilder

I'm aware that the word spirit not only refers to GOD, but can also refer to a man's spirit or other sort of spirit. I'm glad we agree that there is only One Spirit of GOD. that's cool to wake up to in the morning.

peace

keypurr

Stop lying. I have never said Jesus did not have the Holy Spirit.

Thus you have now become: THE LYING :troll: of TOL

Jesus is God and Man. Fully God and fully man.

He is Divine and human.
He has a Divine mind, and a human mind.
He has a Divine will, and a human will.
He has the Divine Spirit, and a human spirit.

He is not some freak-a-zoid with some God parts and some man parts.

That you deny God came in the flesh as a man, proves you are antichrist.

YOU STILL DO NOT KNOW WHO HE REALLY IS.

God's Truth

For the nth time, it is libel, not slander.

Doesn't it bother you to say things that are not true? :AMR:

AMR

You are wrong for going against me.
You can't answer my sincere questions about the trinity doctrine but you come on to give false information about the definition of words. You also didn't care about your sister bad mouthing me. Says a lot about you.

slan·der
ˈslandər/Submit
nounLAW
the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
"he is suing the TV network for slander"
verb
make false and damaging statements about (someone).
"they were accused of slandering the head of state"
synonyms: defame (someone's character), blacken someone's name, tell lies about, speak ill/evil of, sully someone's reputation, libel, smear, cast aspersions on, spread scandal about, besmirch, tarnish, taint; More

li·bel
ˈlībəl/Submit
noun
LAW
a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.
synonyms: defamation, defamation of character, character assassination, calumny, misrepresentation, scandalmongering; aspersions, denigration, vilification, disparagement, derogation, insult, slander, malicious gossip; lie, slur, smear, untruth, false report; informalmudslinging, bad-mouthing
"she sued two newspapers for libel"

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are wrong for going against me.
You can't answer my sincere questions about the trinity doctrine but you come on to give false information about the definition of words. You also didn't care about your sister bad mouthing me. Says a lot about you.

slan·der
ˈslandər/Submit
nounLAW
the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
"he is suing the TV network for slander"
verb
make false and damaging statements about (someone).
"they were accused of slandering the head of state"
synonyms: defame (someone's character), blacken someone's name, tell lies about, speak ill/evil of, sully someone's reputation, libel, smear, cast aspersions on, spread scandal about, besmirch, tarnish, taint; More

li·bel
ˈlībəl/Submit
noun
LAW
a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.
synonyms: defamation, defamation of character, character assassination, calumny, misrepresentation, scandalmongering; aspersions, denigration, vilification, disparagement, derogation, insult, slander, malicious gossip; lie, slur, smear, untruth, false report; informalmudslinging, bad-mouthing
"she sued two newspapers for libel"
Now that you have taken the time to find some definitions master the concept. The concept of law is from defamation principles. Libel is written defamation. Slander is spoken defamation. Maybe this will help you grasp the distinctions:

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/social-media-online-defamation.html

We are not speaking to one another. We are writing to one another. Publishing. I am not a talking head on the television saying something about another, that is, speaking.

So stop claiming you are being slandered unless you are actually viewing videos of someone speaking or actually taking to them in a crowded venue where others can hear the conversation.

If you are going to complain here, the proper understanding is to complain people are libeling you. Now accept the correction and proceed accordingly.

AMR