The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Isaiah: 22. 20. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah: 21. And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah. 22. And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open. 23. And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father's house. 24. And they shall hang upon him all the glory of his father's house, the offspring and the issue, all vessels of small quantity, from the vessels of cups, even to all the vessels of flagons. 25. In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall the nail that is fastened in the sure place be removed, and be cut down, and fall; and the burden that was upon it shall be cut off: for the LORD hath spoken it.

What does that mean GT, could you explain it to me.

Didn't you say the new covenant was mysteries revealed? Why then are we referencing the OT?

Just wondering and trying to stay on topic

peace

You don't understand that the mysteries were revealed in the New Testament?

The mystery is of Christ being revealed to all.

The Old Testament spoke of the gospel to come, when ALL would be saved by faith. Galatians 3:8.

This was all a mystery of Christ, now revealed by the apostles.

Ephesians 1:9 when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose

Ephesians 1:10 for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him.

Ephesians 6:19 Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,

Romans 16:25 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past,

Ephesians 3:3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly.

Ephesians 3:4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,

Ephesians 3:9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.

Colossians 4:3 And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains.

marhig

You didn't address anything that I said.

I asked if you should call Jesus what God the Father says to call Jesus.

I gave scripture where God the Father says Jesus will be called the Spirit, and Father.

Are you going to obey God and let those who know the truth call Jesus the 'Spirit' and 'Father'?

Are you going to admit for yourself that it is the thing we are supposed to do?
Yes I did, the father is in Christ. Also what about all the verses that clearly show that Jesus isn't the father?

And how about explaining Revelation 3:9?

God's Truth

Yes I did, the father is in Christ. Also what about all the verses that clearly show that Jesus isn't the father?

And how about explaining Revelation 3:9?

I already explained that to you.

Since Jesus has the authority to make people worship before our feet, you think that is reason to say our bowing to Jesus and worshiping him does not make him God.

Well God the Father says to call Jesus 'Father' and 'God', so why do you go against those who do?

marhig

There is only one Spirit, unlike marhig saying we can receive many different spirits/angels.

I must say, I have been debating for many years and have heard all kinds of false beliefs, and the one where marhig says we receive the spirit of angles instead of the Spirit of God Himself is just creepy and bizarre.

GT it says in Hebrews, that the angels are Spirits, and that they minister, and that they minister for the heirs of salvation.

Thus, the angels are Spirits, they minister to God's people, they come from God so they are Holy, so there are Holy Spirits who minister to God's people! They are one in God and Christ, one voice speaking only what they are given to speak. And they belong to the father, so they are the spirit of the father and they all make up the Holy Spirit.

Jesus said, I will ask my father and he will send you a comforter, this comforter is a Spirit sent from God to comfort us. It isn't the father himself but he comes from the father, and he only speaks what he is given to speak and does what he is told to do by the father through Christ.

John 14

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

And later in the chapter

He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

So the Holy Spirit who is the comforter, is sent by the father, and he is not the father himself because the father sent by him!

And here in Revelation, these are all a part of the Holy Spirit of God

Revelation 19

And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
And further down the chapter

And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great. AND I HEARD AS IT WERE THE VOICE OF A GREAT MULTITUDE, AND AS THE VOICE OF MANY WATERS and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

The Voice of a great multitude means many! And they are the voice of many waters which God speaks through, they are the Holy Spirit

Revelation 1

And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; AND HIS VOICE WAS AS THE SOUND OF MANY WATERS

Revelation 14

And I heard a voice from heaven, AS THE VOICE OF MANY WATERS, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps

Ezekiel 43

And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: AND HIS VOICE WAS LIKE A NOISE OF MANY WATERS and the earth shined with his glory.

Psalm 29

THE VOICE OF THE LORD*IS UPON THE WATERS: the God of glory thundereth: THE LORD IS UPON MANY WATERS.

John 7

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive)

There is one Spirit made up of many in heaven, and one body made up of many in earth. All speaking what the father gives them to speak, and they are all one with God and Christ.

The Spirit is rivers of living water. If John hadn't of explained that this is the Holy Spirit, many here would argue blind that Jesus was talking about natural water, Because they can't see that the Bible is full of deeper meanings!

But those who have the ears to hear, will hear what the Spirit says!

marhig

I already explained that to you.

Since Jesus has the authority to make people worship before our feet, you think that is reason to say our bowing to Jesus and worshiping him does not make him God.

Well God the Father says to call Jesus 'Father' and 'God', so why do you go against those who do?
I thought that we are to worship only God?

God's Truth

GT it says in Hebrews, that the angels are Spirits, and that they minister, and that they minister for the heirs of salvation.
It doesn't say they live in the saved. The scriptures say the Holy Spirit lives in the saved, and that is the Father and Jesus.

Thus, the angels are Spirits, they minister to God's people, they come from God so they are Holy, so there are Holy Spirits who minister to God's people! They are one in God and Christ, one voice speaking only what they are given to speak. And they belong to the father, so they are the spirit of the father and they all make up the Holy Spirit.
No, they do not make up the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God the Father's Spirit. Jesus is the Holy Spirit.
Jesus said, I will ask my father and he will send you a comforter, this comforter is a Spirit sent from God to comfort us.
It is the Spirit of God and Jesus. It isn't the spirits of God.

It isn't the father himself but he comes from the father, and he only speaks what he is given to speak and does what he is told to do by the father through Christ.
The scriptures say that it IS God the Father and Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

John 17:6 I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.'

Did you read that?

Jesus says that the FATHER AND HE will live with them---NOT an angel or angels or the spirit of a man.

John 14

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;*Even*the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Read that more carefully, for Jesus just explained that it is him, for Jesus is the one who was living with them.

And later in the chapter

He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
...because Jesus is God the Father.

These things have I spoken unto you, being*yet*present with you.*But the Comforter,*which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Notice that Jesus says the Holy Ghost and not Ghosts.

So the Holy Spirit who is the comforter, is sent by the father, and he is not the father himself because the father sent by him!
There is only one Spirit and the Spirit is God and Jesus.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

Did you read that?

There is only ONE SPIRIT.

The Father is Spirit.
Jesus is Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is them.

And here in Revelation, these are all a part of the Holy Spirit of God

Revelation 19

And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
And further down the chapter

And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great. AND I HEARD AS IT WERE THE VOICE OF A GREAT MULTITUDE, AND AS THE VOICE OF MANY WATERS and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

So you are saying the saved receive thousands upon thousands of spirits in them?

I don't have the spirit of an angel or a man inside me, I have the Spirit of Jesus himself in me. The ONE SPIRIT, just like scripture says.

The Voice of a great multitude means many! And they are the voice of many waters which God speaks through, they are the Holy Spirit

You go against common sense. You go against the Word of God who says 'Spirit' and not 'Spirits'. One Spirit not many Spirits.

Revelation 1

And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; AND HIS VOICE WAS AS THE SOUND OF MANY WATERS

Revelation 14

And I heard a voice from heaven, AS THE VOICE OF MANY WATERS, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps

Ezekiel 43

And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: AND HIS VOICE WAS LIKE A NOISE OF MANY WATERS and the earth shined with his glory.

Psalm 29

THE VOICE OF THE LORD*IS UPON THE WATERS: the God of glory thundereth: THE LORD IS UPON MANY WATERS.

John 7

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive)
The saved are given the ONE Spirit not many spirits. We are given God's Spirit not the angel spirits. Humans have spirits that become in Jesus and Jesus in them. We are not told that we have spirits in us.

There is one Spirit made up of many in heaven,

There is one Spirit who puts many in Him and He lives in many.

NOT many spirits putting us in Him and living in us.

and one body made up of many in earth. All speaking what the father gives them to speak, and they are all one with God and Christ.
One body and one Spirit with many members.
The Spirit is rivers of living water. If John hadn't of explained that this is the Holy Spirit, many here would argue blind that Jesus was talking about natural water, Because they can't see that the Bible is full of deeper meanings!

But those who have the ears to hear, will hear what the Spirit says!

...and watch your doctrine carefully.

marhig

It doesn't say they live in the saved. The scriptures say the Holy Spirit lives in the saved, and that is the Father and Jesus.

No, they do not make up the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God the Father's Spirit. Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

It is the Spirit of God and Jesus. It isn't the spirits of God.

The scriptures say that it IS God the Father and Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

John 17:6 I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.'

Did you read that?

Jesus says that the FATHER AND HE will live with them---NOT an angel or angels or the spirit of a man.

Read that more carefully, for Jesus just explained that it is him, for Jesus is the one who was living with them.

...because Jesus is God the Father.

Notice that Jesus says the Holy Ghost and not Ghosts.

There is only one Spirit and the Spirit is God and Jesus.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

Did you read that?

There is only ONE SPIRIT.

The Father is Spirit.
Jesus is Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is them.

So you are saying the saved receive thousands upon thousands of spirits in them?

I don't have the spirit of an angel or a man inside me, I have the Spirit of Jesus himself in me. The ONE SPIRIT, just like scripture says.

You go against common sense. You go against the Word of God who says 'Spirit' and not 'Spirits'. One Spirit not many Spirits.

The saved are given the ONE Spirit not many spirits. We are given God's Spirit not the angel spirits. Humans have spirits that become in Jesus and Jesus in them. We are not told that we have spirits in us.

There is one Spirit who puts many in Him and He lives in many.

NOT many spirits putting us in Him and living in us.

One body and one Spirit with many members.

...and watch your doctrine carefully.
You just can't see, the multitude is many waters, and the many waters is the voice that God speaks through, they are ministering Spirits and they are Holy, they are the Holy Spirit they are the rivers of living water that minister the word of God to God's people here on earth..

If you don't believe that, then ok!

And you need to be careful who you call messengers of Satan, you could be calling God's people these things. And in doing to you blaspheme the Holy Spirit, those who blasphemed the Holy Spirit said that Jesus was of the devil. So I'd be careful what you say if I were you!

marhig

So a one time at the feet of the saved constitutes the same worshiping we give Jesus? Is that what you are saying?
No, I'm saying that Jesus said that we worship only God

So what does it mean in Revelation 3:19, if we are to worship only God?

God's Truth

You just can't see, the multitude is many waters, and the many waters is the voice that God speaks through, they are ministering Spirits and they are Holy, they are the Holy Spirit they are the rivers of living water that minister the word of God to God's people here on earth..

If you don't believe that, then ok!

And you need to be careful who you call messengers of Satan, you could be calling God's people these things. And in doing to you blaspheme the Holy Spirit, those who blasphemed the Holy Spirit said that Jesus was of the devil. So I'd be careful what you say if I were you!

Don't do the things that Satan would want you to do then. You need to examine yourself. Popsthebuilder keeps falsely judging and accusing me. Where do you think that comes from?

God's Truth

Marhig has ignored all those scriptures I gave about God the Father and Jesus living in us. Why? Why did she go on without addressing those scriptures? She is teaching that the Holy Spirit is many spirits. I gave scripture that says only one. I gave scripture saying it is the Spirit of the Father and Jesus.

marhig

You need to clarify. I have no idea what you are saying.

Jesus said to only worship God, so why do we worship Jesus?
I'm wondering what you think that Jesus means when he said that he'll make the synagogue of Satan worship at their feet seeing as we are to worship only God?

marhig

Marhig has ignored all those scriptures I gave about God the Father and Jesus living in us. Why? Why did she go on without addressing those scriptures? She is teaching that the Holy Spirit is many spirits. I gave scripture that says only one. I gave scripture saying it is the Spirit of the Father and Jesus.
And those many Spirits are one, and they are one with Christ and God as those who are born of God are!

And Jesus isn't the father!

God's Truth

I'm wondering what you think that Jesus means when he said that he'll make the synagogue of Satan worship at their feet seeing as we are to worship only God?
It is a one time thing. How do you get that the every day all day worship of Jesus is the same as Jesus having them worship once at the saved people's feet?

God's Truth

And those many Spirits are one, and they are one with Christ and God as those who are born of God are!

And Jesus isn't the father!

There is ONLY ONE SPIRIT.

We are put in Jesus and Jesus is put in us.

Jesus says nothing about putting many spirits in us.

marhig

There is ONLY ONE SPIRIT.

We are put in Jesus and Jesus is put in us.

Jesus says nothing about putting many spirits in us.
Christ Jesus is made manifest through the Holy Spirit, he speaks through the Spirit and Christ is living in our hearts through the Spirit. Jesus even said, I will ask my father to send you a comforter, which is the Spirit. That shows us that the Holy Spirit comes from the father but that it isn't him himself because he is sending the Spirit!