The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is still the Father speaking to the Son.
101010.gif

Exactly!
It was not the Father talking to the Father.
It was not the Son talking to the Son.

Rosenritter

Yes and yes.

Let's see if there is one intellectually honest "Christian" here (and I use the term loosely for you people) who is able to read this LINK and then this LINK.

Seventy-five hundred words in the Thomas Aquinas essay alone? I tried reading it. After halfway through it was so lost in its own philosophy-speak that it lost all meaning. Moses never spoke like that, Jesus never spoke like that, Peter and Paul never spoke like that.

Was that biblical? Seventy-five hundred words and not any of it derived support from scripture. Catholic tradition and philosophical reasoning, yes, but not scripture. I'm not sure how that was supposed to support Trinity being biblical.

I have a different proposal. There is One God. When he spoke to Abraham from the burning bush, he was called "I Am." When he walked among us in the flesh and we knew him not, and we called his name Jesus. When Jesus spoke of God in heaven he was called the Father. When he works invisibly among us in power he is called the Holy Spirit. As a living sacrifice for our sins he is called the Lamb of God. Our God has done many things and used many names. And finally, being the creator of all things he is able to do more than one thing at a time even if it baffles us humans. And as a summation as to his nature and character, God is love.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is one pyramid with three sides, numbered side one, side two and side three.

Side one is not side two, nor is side two side three, nor is side three side one.

Yet they are all the one pyramid.

God's Truth

There is one pyramid with three sides, numbered side one, side two and side three.

Side one is not side two, nor is side two side three, nor is side three side one.

Yet they are all the one pyramid.

I normally do not consider analogies that are not in the Bible. Paul gives an analogy, but yours is okay. How do you get your analogy proves me wrong?

God's Truth

When Jesus himself saved me, he put his self in my heart.

Now you tell me what do you think.

Do I have Jesus inside me, and do I have God the Father too?