The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

God cannot create a being of His own essence and that being not be God. So, by extension, the anti-trinitarian believes that God merely created an angel, and because Satan is otherwise the highest and oldest angel, that would mean Satan and Jesus are brothers.

At least the Mormons attempted to make sense of their heresy. These bald anti-trinitarian folk here aren't it for the belief, but for the point of being vainly contrary.
God has no limits friend, and if he created a copy of himself it is still a crestion, not God. YHWH is the only true God. Angels were created by God through Christ, this express image was given the fullness of his creator, but he still is a creation.

For an interesting study try looking at the morning stars that sang together at the creation. That is what led me to the express image.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

Christ does mean God. Christ means one has been anointed, or one has been given the Holy Spirit of God. Jesus is the Christ means Jesus is the man who had the Holy Spirit of God.

We all have spirits, and all the saved are given the Holy Spirit to live with us; but Jesus only has one Spirit, the Holy Spirit.
GT I wish I could get you to see the truth you do not wish to see. You would make a good Pastor if you could only see that God has a son and they are not the same person.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You tell me.

When you tell me, remember, you are not to speak against the trinitarian doctrine. lol

John 14:23American Standard Version (ASV)

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my word: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 14:17American Standard Version (ASV)

17 even the Spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive; for it beholdeth him not, neither knoweth him: ye know him; for he abideth with you, and shall be in you.

I see three. How many do you see?

keypurr

All three branches of Christianity - Catholic, Protestant, Eastern Orthodox - agree that Jesus is God and that God is Trinity. Only a very few fringe groups do not.

There is one God. Peoples' problem is that they cannot distinguish between what a person is and what a being is.

God is one being and three persons. I am one being and one person. A dog is one being and no person.

One being need not equal one person. There is one God who is one being. The fact that he is three persons does not change the fact that he is one God and one being.

Jesus tells his apostles to baptize "in the name [notice, singular, not plural] of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matt. 28:19). This is a proof-text: three distinct Persons united in the one divine name. In 2 Corinthians 13:14, Paul writes, "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." We see this same unity of divine Persons in 1 Corinthians 12:4–11, Ephesians 4:4–6, and 1 Peter 1:2–3.

The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is God (cf. John 8:58, 10:38, 14:10; Col. 2:9). It also clearly teaches that the Holy Spirit is God (cf. Acts 5:3–4, 28:25–28; 1 Cor. 2:10–13). Everyone agrees the Father is God. Yet there is only one God (Mark 12:29, 1 Cor. 8:4–6, Jas. 2:19). How can we hold all four truths except to say all three are One God?

And yes, Jesus DID say he was God. In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I Am" (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

Also significant are passages that apply the title "the First and the Last" to Jesus. This is one of the Old Testament titles of Yahweh: "Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of armies: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides me there is no god’" (Is. 44:6; cf. 41:4, 48:12).
Oh, so much to learn and so little time to learn it.

God's Truth

GT I wish I could get you to see the truth you do not wish to see. You would make a good Pastor if you could only see that God has a son and they are not the same person.

Thank you, kepurr, you found something good to say to me, and that is more than most.

What is better though is like mindedness.

I would like to help you to be like-minded with me.

God's Truth

John 14:23American Standard Version (ASV)

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my word: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 14:17American Standard Version (ASV)

17 even the Spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive; for it beholdeth him not, neither knoweth him: ye know him; for he abideth with you, and shall be in you.

I see three. How many do you see?

That scripture is the scripture that helped lead me to understand they are the same.