The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

lifeisgood

Are you kidding? I have the scripture where Moses saw God's back side.

Now address it.

Tell me how someone saw the invisible God.

Exodus 33:23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen."

If God had allowed Moses to see Him in His full glory, Moses would not have survived to write about it. Get with the program gt.

No one has ever seen God the Father in His glory – no one, not even Moses.

Face to face is a figurative expression, meaning free and open fellowship.

Every single Christian can have a face to face free and open relationship with God - every single Christian should have a face to face relationship with God.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Yes [God] sent Jesus to be God for us?
Yes [The Father] sent Jesus to be God for us?

God or god? :think: (still needs its own thread, this one will work).

I'm thinkin' that this "we" is Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

So who showed it to them and who did they know?

11 Truly, truly, I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, and yet you people do not accept our testimony.

God's Truth

If God had allowed Moses to see Him in His full glory, Moses would not have survived to write about it. Get with the program gt.

No one has ever seen God the Father in His glory – no one, not even Moses.

Face to face is a figurative expression, meaning free and open fellowship.

Every single Christian can have a face to face free and open relationship with God - every single Christian should have a face to face relationship with God.

Are you pretending you didn't get it?

God the Father is INVISIBLE, he is Spirit.

Jesus is God the Father's soul.

That means Jesus is God the Father with a body.

Moses saw God's back side.

That is being seen.

glorydaz

So we can agree that GOD is technically invisible and hasn't been seen?

He has been seen..... when His Glory is veiled. It was veiled by a pillar of cloud and by a pillar of fire in the OT. Deuteronomy 5:24

In the case of Jesus Christ, His Glory was veiled by His physical body. John 1:14 We see that on the Mount of Transfiguration, His Glory was revealed to a certain degree.

Luke 9:28 And it came to pass about an eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray. 29 And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering. 30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias: 31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem. 32 But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him.​

popsthebuilder

He has been seen..... when His Glory is veiled. It was veiled by a pillar of cloud and by a pillar of fire in the OT. Deuteronomy 5:24

In the case of Jesus Christ, His Glory was veiled by His physical body. John 1:14 We see that on the Mount of Transfiguration, His Glory was revealed to a certain degree.

Luke 9:28 And it came to pass about an eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray. 29 And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering. 30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias: 31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem. 32 But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him.​
I meant not veiled; I thought that was understood.

glorydaz

Exodus 33:23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen."

You are badly mistaken.

Don't be a ninny.

Here we see the Lord's GLORY was in the pillar of cloud and Moses was able to talk to the Lord "face to face" as unto a friend.

Ex. 33:9 And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended, and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the Lord talked with Moses. 10 And all the people saw the cloudy pillar stand at the tabernacle door: and all the people rose up and worshipped, every man in his tent door. 11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.​

But Moses wanted more.

Exodus 33:18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.​

God agrees to let Moses see His "goodness" which is the "back side" of God.

Exodus 33:19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.​

His goodness was God's placing him in a clift of a rock - (covering him with His hand).

Exodus:33:22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:​

God's back is God's goodness and mercy. That's what we see of God's Glory.

And we see it here....in the face of Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.​

God's Truth

Don't be a ninny.

Here we see the Lord's GLORY was in the pillar of cloud and Moses was able to talk to the Lord "face to face" as unto a friend.

Ex. 33:9 And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended, and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the Lord talked with Moses. 10 And all the people saw the cloudy pillar stand at the tabernacle door: and all the people rose up and worshipped, every man in his tent door. 11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.​

But Moses wanted more.

Exodus 33:18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.​

God agrees to let Moses see His "goodness" which is the "back side" of God.

Exodus 33:19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.​

His goodness was God's placing him in a clift of a rock - (covering him with His hand).

Exodus:33:22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:​

God's back is God's goodness and mercy. That's what we see of God's Glory.

And we see it here....in the face of Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.​

You are making up things that aren't there and you deny what is there.

Moses saw God's back side.

What don't you get that God is INVISIBLE and His Soul is Jesus.

God's Truth

Guess you didn't read the verses I gave you. What else is new?

If you can't even address the scriptures you're given, there is no point in posting to you at all.

I did address your made up stuff.

You added things that the Bible does not say and you will not accept what is plainly written, and it is that the invisible God was seen.