The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

glorydaz

No. The spirit is the only thing a human has besides flesh.

That may be what your "bible" says, but mine says otherwise. Who to believe? :think:

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Listen carefully,

Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God come as a man's.

Probably like an image thing, I suppose. :rolleyes:

You claim humans only have a spirit and a body, but Jesus only has a body?

So, your contention is that Jesus is only half man. By that measure, He must be only half God, too.

You'd better ditch the Pride before you end up burying yourself in your own load of malarkey. :nono:

God's Truth

Ah, so you get a high five from God's UNtruth on this.

She claims Jesus Christ was not man enough to have a spirit of man like all other men have. :idunno:

What say you?

Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father come as a man's spirit.

We are our spirit, and Jesus is God come as a Man because his Spirit is God the Father's.

God's Truth

If He had His own separate spirit from the Holy Spirit, then He chose to wholly negate it in favor of the Will of GOD.

That is good.

Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father come as a man's.

Who thinks that Jesus was a mere man who happened to be without sin?

Jesus received flesh from his mother's side and the Spirit from his Father God.

God's Truth

That may be what your "bible" says, but mine says otherwise. Who to believe? :think:
I say what the scriptures say. You say something the scriptures don't say.

James 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

Did you hear that? The scripture does not say what you say. The scripture does not say the body without the soul and spirit is dead.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I have explained this to you more than once.

We can see that God will sanctify us through and through, our whole spirit (spirit without a body), soul (spirit and body together), and our body (with or without our spirit/dead or alive). God truly sanctifies us through and through.

Probably like an image thing, I suppose. :rolleyes:

You claim humans only have a spirit and a body, but Jesus only has a body?
Jesus has a Spirit and a body.
So, your contention is that Jesus is only half man. By that measure, He must be only half God, too.
That is from your imagination that I said Jesus was half a man.
You'd better ditch the Pride before you end up burying yourself in your own load of malarkey. :nono:

You fell for some man's false teachings and now you refuse to be reasoned with.

glorydaz

Are you confusing me with yourself? Didn't you say you were messed up by the Catholics?

Nope, I went to Catholic School ...7th and 8th grade. I was taught to diagram sentences and how to play a great game of softball. Don't try to deny your roots, GT. You can't just take it when it's deserved, can ya? I know others like that. :think:

God's Truth

Nope, I went to Catholic School ...7th and 8th grade. I was taught to diagram sentences and how to play a great game of softball. Don't try to deny your roots, GT. You can't just take it when it's deserved, can ya? I know others like that. :think:

Think what you want.

glorydaz

We can see that God will sanctify us through and through, our whole spirit (spirit without a body), soul (spirit and body together), and our body (with or without our spirit/dead or alive). God truly sanctifies us through and through.

Dang, you dissect man just as sloppily as you dissect God. :noway:

You didn't manage to show how the soul and spirit can be divided.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.​

The inner man (soul and spirit) is not seen, while this body of flesh is decaying (corruptible).

:think:

God's Truth

Dang, you dissect man just as sloppily as you dissect God. :noway:

You didn't manage to show how the soul and spirit can be divided.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.​

The inner man (soul and spirit) is not seen, while this body of flesh is decaying (corruptible).

:think:

There is only spirit and flesh.

God's Truth

Job 32:8 But it is the spirit in a person, the breath of the Almighty, that gives them understanding.

Job 33:4 "The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

Genesis 2:7 Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Hebrews 12:9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live!

Zechariah 12:1 A prophecy: The word of the LORD concerning Israel. The LORD, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the human spirit within a person, declares:

Malachi 2:15 Has not the one God made you? You belong to him in body and spirit. And what does the one God seek? Godly offspring. So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful to the wife of your youth.

James 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

If you repent for believing what false teachers taught, then one can see from the scriptures that there is only flesh and spirit.

God's breath gave each of us our own spirit, which made us a living soul.

When our physical body dies, it is no longer a soul and our spirit goes to be with Jesus or to prison/hell.

glorydaz

There is only spirit and flesh.

Like God, I suppose. "My soul, my spirit, and my beloved." "My soul is well pleased" - emotion.

Matthew 12:17-18
17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, 18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.​

Here we see man's emotions reside in the soul. Our Lord had a soul of His own ("My soul")

Matthew 26:38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.​

God's Truth

Like God, I suppose. "My soul, my spirit, and my beloved." "My soul is well pleased" - emotion.

Matthew 12:17-18
17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, 18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.​

Here we see man's emotions reside in the soul. Our Lord had a soul of His own ("My soul")

Matthew 26:38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.​

A soul is a living physical body, a body made alive by their spirit.

glorydaz

A soul is a living physical body, a body made alive by their spirit.

Oh, God's soul is a "living physical body" well pleased with His living physical servant.

And our Lord's living physical body was sorrowful. I wasn't aware our bodies got sad. :chuckle:

Here we see both soul and body, but you say they are the same thing.

Isaiah 10:18 And shall consume the glory of his forest, and of his fruitful field, both soul and body: and they shall be as when a standard-bearer fainteth.​

Oh, here it is again. "Kill the body, but not able to kill the soul." The same, you say? :yawn:

Matthew 10:28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.​

This is how you make the "Father came as the Son" nonsense.

God's Truth

Oh, God's soul is a "living physical body" well pleased with His living physical servant.

And our Lord's living physical body was sorrowful. I wasn't aware our bodies got sad. :chuckle:

Here we see both soul and body, but you say they are the same thing.

Isaiah 10:18 And shall consume the glory of his forest, and of his fruitful field, both soul and body: and they shall be as when a standard-bearer fainteth.​
That scripture says both soul and body. That means the body with the spirit and also the body, a dead body without the spirit.
That scripture is about a living person going to die.
Oh, here it is again. "Kill the body, but not able to kill the soul." The same, you say? :yawn:
Kill the body but not be able to kill the soul means not able to kill the body with the spirit.

Matthew 10:28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.​

When people are resurrected, they will be given a body again, and God will thrown some into hell, that is, with their body and spirit.

This is how you make the "Father came as the Son" nonsense.

I am telling the truth.

glorydaz

That scripture says both soul and body. That means the body with the spirit and also the body, a dead body without the spirit.
That scripture is about a living person going to die.

Kill the body but not be able to kill the soul means not able to kill the body with the spirit.

When people are resurrected, they will be given a body again, and God will thrown some into hell, that is, with their body and spirit.

I am telling the truth.

No, you're just making things up as you go.

You deny God has a soul, and you deny Jesus was fully human.

What a mess you are. :nono:

popsthebuilder

Ephesians 3: 10. To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 11. According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: 12. In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him. 13. Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory. 14. For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15. Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16. That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17. That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18. May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19. And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. 20. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21. Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.