The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

No, it doesn't mean that they mean the same thing, it only means that the words are referring to the same person.

The words are used interchangeably.

I am a truck driver and soon to be husband. Does that then mean that "(soon to be) husband" and "truck driver" are synonymous? Of course not! But that's the kind of argument you are making.
No, it is not the argument I am making. Think about it some more. If I were to recall a time in the past where I angered a truck driver on the road, would it make sense if I then said I angered a husband on the road? No, it does not make sense. Your reasoning is wrong. Think about it more carefully.

Synonyms for truck driver would be 'driver', 'transporter', 'trucker', 'shipper', a 'carrier'.

It would not make any sense, and it would not be synonymous to say I anger a husband on the road while I was driving.

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

You don't know what that scripture means. That scripture means the natural man, the man living only to please his flesh, he cannot accept the things of the Spirit because that would mean giving up the things that please the flesh, things such as fornication and adultery. You are misusing the scriptures.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The words are used interchangeably.

So what?

No, it is not the argument I am making.

You are making the argument that because they are used interchangeably they mean the same thing.

Think about it some more. If I were to recall a time in the past where I angered a truck driver on the road, would it make sense if I then said I angered a husband on the road? No, it does not make sense. Your reasoning is wrong. Think about it more carefully.

Synonyms for truck driver would be 'driver', 'transporter', 'trucker', 'shipper', a 'carrier'.

It would not make any sense, and it would not be synonymous to say I anger a husband on the road while I was driving.

Once again, you completely missed the point I was making.

BOTH TERMS, "trucker" and "(soon to be) husband" refer to ME as a person. Yet because they can be used interchangeably to describe ME does not mean that they mean the same thing, as you yourself have admitted they don't mean the same thing.

You are making the same argument, saying, "because the words 'Christ' and 'LORD' are referring to the same person, those words mean the same thing/are synonymous with each other." That is a non-sequitur, GT.

Just because words can be interchanged with each other when referring to the same person DOES NOT MEAN that they mean the same thing.

"Christ" does not mean "Lord." "Lord" does not mean Christ."

"Christ" means 'anointed one.'
"Lord" means 'someone or something having power, authority, or influence; a master or ruler.'

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I have had the eyes of my heart opened up. That came by Jesus who saved me after I believed and obeyed. We must all watch our doctrine carefully. Check with the scriptures everything anyone wants to teach us.
David Koresh led a whole cult following of people to believe he was the second coming of Christ by saying exactly the same sort of thing. He quoted scripture all day long and then went and had sex with the teenage daughters of his followers. Jim Jones so carefully guarded his doctrine that he moved his followers to the jungle in Guyana and he quoted scripture while talking his followers into drinking poisoned cool-aid and the vast majority of them believed they were specially chosen by God and where doing the right thing when they put the cup to their children's lips.

The point being that such things are easy to say but how do you do it and know that it is being done right? What makes your doctrine any more legitimate than anyone else's?

Clete

God's Truth

So what?

You are making the argument that because they are used interchangeably they mean the same thing.

BOTH TERMS, "trucker" and "(soon to be) husband" refer to ME as a person. Yet because they can be used interchangeably to describe ME does not mean that they mean the same thing, as you yourself have admitted they don't mean the same thing.

You are making the same argument, saying, "because the words 'Christ' and 'LORD' are referring to the same person, those words mean the same thing/are synonymous with each other." That is a non-sequitur, GT.

Just because words can be interchanged with each other when referring to the same person DOES NOT MEAN that they mean the same thing.

"Lord" means 'someone or something having power, authority, or influence; a master or ruler.'

You are wrong.

The words 'Christ', 'LORD', and 'God' are interchangeable and mean the same.

You calling your self a 'truck driver' and a 'husband' are not synonymous.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
No it does not mean that; and, Jesus is God so how can you be separated from yourself?
He wasn't separated from Himself, He was separated from the Father.

Jesus is God and never ever separated from God.
So you keep saying without any proof. Jesus said otherwise as I have already quoted more than once.

Who should I believe, Jesus or GIT? :think:

No. Jesus went to prison/hell to preach the gospel to those who sinned.
You are a lunatic. Who ever taught you this stupidity?

Jesus said I promise you will be with me in paradise.
Exactly! How is Paradise prison/Hell?

Look, you know what, I don't really care. I had you on ignore before this little exchange started. I'm remembering now why.

Is there anyone left on TOL that isn't a waste of time (who doesn't already agree with me)? BORED!!!

Clete

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

So you keep saying without any proof. Jesus said otherwise as I have already quoted more than once.

Who should I believe, Jesus or GIT? :think:

Look, you know what, I don't really care. I had you on ignore before this little exchange started. I'm remembering now why.

Is there anyone left on TOL that isn't a waste of time (who doesn't already agree with me)? BORED!!!

Clete

You are wrong.

The words 'Christ', 'LORD', and 'God' are interchangeable and mean the same.

You calling your self a 'truck driver' and a 'husband' are not synonymous.

God's Truth

David Koresh led a whole cult following of people to believe he was the second coming of Christ by saying exactly the same sort of thing. He quoted scripture all day long and then went and had sex with the teenage daughters of his followers. Jim Jones so carefully guarded his doctrine that he moved his followers to the jungle in Guyana and he quoted scripture while talking his followers into drinking poisoned cool-aid and the vast majority of them believed they were specially chosen by God and where doing the right thing when they put the cup to their children's lips.

The point being that such things are easy to say but how do you do it and know that it is being done right? What makes your doctrine any more legitimate than anyone else's?

Clete

You would have to actually obey God to get understanding. You would have to get God's words and do them. If someone says the Bible says this and that...you would have to look for it. Jesus says to consider carefully what you hear and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. That means if you put a lot into trying to understanding something, it will be measured back to you and more.

I will give you a personal example: After I was saved, I was given understanding, understanding of things that I had read from the Bible in the past but was confused about. There came times when false doctrines were preached to me by others. I checked out in the Bible to see if it were true or not. There was a Calvinist who tried to teach me Calvinism. When I finally understood what Calvinism means, I was excited, and almost confused that excitement of understanding as being God opening my eyes to His Truth. However, I searched the scriptures to see if Calvinism was true. I could barely eat and sleep for weeks as I studied. Finally I was shown by Jesus, with the measure that I used, it was measured to me and more. I was blessed with so much understanding about the truth and how Calvinism is false. It also happened for me in a similar way with the doctrine of speaking in tongues; and, other doctrines.

Mark 4:24 "Consider carefully what you hear," he continued. "With the measure you use, it will be measured to you--and even more.

God's Truth

The Father is God and Jesus is that same one and only God.

I have proved my beliefs with scripture.

The scriptures plainly say that Jesus died and went to prison and preached to the spirits there. Why don’t you look for the truth before you insult?

It isn’t.

Clete

You get bored because you don’t have God’s Truth.
Those who have his Truth love talking about His Truth and the life that is inside of them soars.

God's Truth

And yet you say they both refer to the same person.

I gave three scriptures from three different books from the Bible which speak of the exact same time and instance.

The time that was being spoken of is the time in the desert with Moses.

The scriptures were exactly the same, except for the words 'Christ', 'LORD', and 'God'.

Those words were used interchangeably.

popsthebuilder

But satan is on his side, not God.
Does she deny Christ or the resurrection there of?

Anyone who has been defending themselves and their deepest beliefs from so many for so long would most likely be a little snippy.

Your negative opinion isn't helping you or her or any other. It seems as if you are simply appealing to the masses.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I gave three scriptures from three different books from the Bible which speak of the exact same time and instance.

The time that was being spoken of is the time in the desert with Moses.

The scripture were exactly the same, except for the words 'Christ', 'LORD', and 'God'.

Those words were used interchangeably.
SO WHAT if they are used interchangeably?! SO WHAT! Trucker and husband can be used interchangeably to describe many people, that doesn't make trucker and husband mean the same thing.

Christ and Lord can be used interchangeably to describe Jesus, but that doesn't make them mean the same thing!

popsthebuilder

So what?

And you don't see how you are denying our Lord by saying such?

God's Truth

Does she deny Christ or the resurrection there of?

Anyone who has been defending themselves and their deepest beliefs from so many for so long would most likely be a little snippy.

Your negative opinion isn't helping you or her or any other. It seems as if you are simply appealing to the masses.

I do not believe you judged me right on that. I am not 'snippy'.

Sometimes others need to be refuted sharply.

If you judge me to be snippy then that is too bad for you.

Maybe you should check yourself and your false judgments.

Titus 1:13 This witness is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

popsthebuilder

So what?

Anointed with what in the case of Jesus?

It is case sensitive, and in the case of Jesus; they indeed are interchangeable and too synonyms.

popsthebuilder

Clete
Likening anybody to a negative cult is basically slandering.

You can know their spirit by the nature of their fruit (of their word and deed).

You should really be doing such automatically by now; knowing them as a surety.

The fact that you question the very formula given by the words of the Christ, and in the written word of GOD is a sign.