The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

You are a deceitful worker, God's UNtruth.

How is it deceitful to repeat exactly what the scriptures say?

Paul is talking about the Gospel which gives LIFE through belief in the Lord Jesus Christ.

That "spirit of life" versus the letter of the law. The ministration of the law as opposed to the ministration of the Spirit.
I don't think that you know what any of that means.

The spirit of life versus the letter of the law is about having the law written on the saved's heart and mind.
2 Cor. 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.​

The law killeth when someone sinned they were to be put to death.

Don't you know the saved in Christ uphold the law?

Romans 3:31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

2 Cor. 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
The Comforter has come and you don't even know who He is.

You don't know how ignorant a thing that is for you to say. If you only knew.

Christ finished His work on the cross, and the Holy Spirit's work is imparting life to us through the Gospel and testifying of Him.
Paul did not change everything that God and Jesus ever said and preach believe and not do anything else.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:​

Jesus says you know him because he lived with you. WHO lived with them? Jesus did. Who is it that will live in them? Jesus.

glorydaz

I'm listening but am a little confused as to what it is you are saying. Do you understand that if GODS' law wasn't perfect for HIS creation that it means GOD made a mistake (which I'm uncomfortable even saying)?

God's Law was perfect....exactly what He intended it to be. It's man who has failed to understand the purpose of the Law. It was never meant to make man righteous, to justify man, or give him life. It's purpose was to show man his guilt, and, therefore, his need for a Saviour.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

glorydaz

I will send another comforter.
I will live in you.

Jesus is explaining that he will live in them and that he is the Spirit.

This is the way the worker bees work. Read what she wrote, and then read the verses below.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.​

Now for full disclosure.....the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are always together, always ONE, a Godhead in unity and never separated.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

God's Truth

This is the way the worker bees work. Read what she wrote, and then read the verses below.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.​

Now for full disclosure.....the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are always together, always ONE, a Godhead in unity and never separated.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

You can never ever shame me for obeying. I have so much faith that I believe every word that Jesus says.

There are not three different 'persons' that make one God.

That is three different Gods!

glorydaz

How is it deceitful to repeat exactly what the scriptures say?

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
2 Cor. 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

The law killeth when someone sinned they were to be put to death.
So, this is how you "repeat exactly what the scriptures say?" :chuckle:

The LETTER killeth because the letter only addressed the outward motions not the inward thoughts.

Don't you know the saved in Christ uphold the law?

Romans 3:31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

No, the saved have been delivered from the law, because the law could not make us righteous, justify us, or give us life. What the law could not do, our Lord did by fulfilling the law in us. He did that....we didn't. Which is why Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those who believe. The law is established through FAITH.

Romans 8:3-4 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.​

glorydaz

You can never ever shame me for obeying. I have so much faith that I believe every word that Jesus says.

There are not three different 'persons' that make one God.

That is three different Gods!

Just admit it. You don't believe what is clearly written in God's word.

Rosenritter

God is not a woman

God is not a woman

That is a good point. But I personally find that the One Creator GOD of all existence and creation can not and should not be limited to any sexualities.

That being said, I personally, could refer to GOD as IT or HE or SHE or whatever other term I so choose as long as it is a term of utter respect and honor between me and GOD.

Can you show me where in the bible we are instructed to refer to GOD, even the Spirit, as man, or woman (he/ she).

Please understand that the Bible was written when men where above women, and held all power; unto the extent to even when I was in grammar school it was politically correct to refer to an asexual, or one in whom you didn't perceive the sexuality of, as "he".

I don't care about political correctness to any extent. So, I do hope that you understand me when I say my reference to GOD almighty is between Us ( they being the Capital U of course), and I ask again, with pointed yet neutral pleas; do provide scripture saying explicitly that we are to consider and refer to GOD almighty as a he/ man.

It is not proper or respectful to refer to God as she, and it is hard to think of examples that would be appropriate to use the word it.

First, I will use analogy of common usage today. If someone has a gender neutral name in this forum, they may not bother to correct someone's assumption regardless of whether they refer to them as "he" or "she." However, if someone refers to themselves in the gender sense, it is taken as a sign of disrespect if another insists on applying the wrong pronoun after the fact.

Second, God has always introduced himself with the male pronoun. He often uses the imagery of being our father, never as our mother. I made a quick count, and I see at least seven times where God introduces himself as "I am he" using the male pronoun. I didn't count instances with the word in italics (added for English grammar by translators) nor where it was part of another grammatical structure ("I am he who liveth, and was dead, and am alive forever more" isn't part of this list.

Examples below:
Spoiler
Deuteronomy 32:39 KJV
(39) See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

Isaiah 41:4 KJV
(4) Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isaiah 43:10-13 KJV
(10) Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
(11) I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
(12) I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.
(13) Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

Isaiah 48:11-12 KJV
(11) For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.
(12) Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

John 8:23-25 KJV
(23) And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
(24) I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
(25) Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

John 8:28 KJV
(28) Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Revelation 2:23 KJV
(23) And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

So to summarize point two, yes, at least seven times in scripture we are instructed to refer to God as he. "I am he" - it's one of his forms of identification, right up there with "I am the first and the last."

Third, when someone refers to God as her or a she, they are no longer speaking of the LORD of Hosts of scripture. It's now referring to the Goddess of the pagan religions. This Goddess is not our God. If you hear someone speak of "the God and the Goddess" this isn't referring to our God either. There is no Goddess, the Goddess is a false god. Please do not refer to our God as a she, as this comes close to blasphemy. Don't even paint our God with that brush or in that light, it's not what he wants.

Fourth, even if for none of the above reasons, please don't do what would offend others. Although I will point out that a Trinitarian probably shouldn't be concerned with referring to God as it, seeing as their traditional interpretation of John 1:32 is to say that the Spirit is the "third person of the Trinity" and the gospel of John refers to "the Spirit" as it.

John 1:32 KJV
(32) And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

This isn't about whether God is male or female. God created male and female, and as such I understand male and female to be his creation. However, God introduces himself as a him, he appeared to us as a male, and he identifies himself as "I am he." We shouldn't add names to him that are already claimed by the false gods.

God's Truth

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
2 Cor. 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

So, this is how you "repeat exactly what the scriptures say?" :chuckle:

The LETTER killeth because the letter only addressed the outward motions not the inward thoughts.
Have you read the Old Testament? How do you ever get that it was not about thoughts?

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

No, the saved have been delivered from the law, because the law could not make us righteous, justify us, or give us life. What the law could not do, our Lord did by fulfilling the law in us. He did that....we didn't. Which is why Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those who believe. The law is established through FAITH.
Nowhere anywhere does that mean we do not have to obey Jesus' words.

Romans 8:3-4 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.​

Jesus cleans the saved. That means that a person doesn't have to clean their self with circumcision, various external washings, a dietary law, and the sacrifice of animals.

HAHAHAHAHA We still have to obey God! We just don't have to get circumcised and sacrifice animals.

Jesus tells us what we have to do for the new covenant, and Paul did not come and change it.

Rosenritter

You've called me many things including that I'm in denial, that I'm a worker of Satan and that I'm dishonest etc.. And you don't know my heart, so yes you do judge and condemn others. And I am telling the truth! We are to judge by the word of God, we speak it and God judges us on what we hear and do.

And why would Jesus come as the son if he is the father?

It's called "incognito." Marhig, pretend for a moment that God came to earth and said "I am the LORD your God" and proved it by tossing a few bolts of lightning about and swallowing a few cities into the earth. Now step forward in this thought experiment for a moment. Would they have crucified him?

God's Truth

It's called "incognito." Marhig, pretend for a moment that God came to earth and said "I am the LORD your God" and proved it by tossing a few bolts of lightning about and swallowing a few cities into the earth. Now step forward in this thought experiment for a moment. Would they have crucified him?

Many did believe in Jesus because of his miracles.

Rosenritter

Obedient to himself?

Does this sound like Jesus was obedient to himself?

Matthew 26

O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou*wilt

How is that being obedient to himself?

John 6

For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

John 4

Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

John 8

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Looking at those verses, how can Jesus be the father?

Also what about this?

Luke 22

But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not:*

Prayed to whom? And then there is John 17. Why pray like that to himself?

Yes, Marhig, obedient to yourself, just the same way you might also be obedient to yourself by obeying the alarm clock on a morning that you really don't want to get up. "Not my will, but yours"

The difference in complication being that God encompassed not only himself in heaven, but would have been present in both places at the same time, one of which from a human perspective. If you could please clarify, are you saying that this is impossible for God to do? Because this is exactly what scripture said he did. "God was manifest in the flesh." He who created the world came into it, and they did not recognize him.

I know that this isn't something you are capable of doing (at least not in exactly the same way) but in a sense you're doing that even now, by talking on this forum. "Marhig" isn't YOU. It's something you created to participate in this world of TOL. In another sense it is you, it's you in every aspect that matters in this world. In another sense it's not you in full glory and power and color.

So, is your stance that it is impossible for God? Because I don't know what you're thinking. Whenever I've asked you to address the obvious scriptures you've kept tossing back indirection to pronouns and speech references that belong in the realm of metaphor. "In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God, the Word was God."

Could you please stop fighting with GE for long enough to talk with someone who isn't calling you a worker of Satan and the like?

Rosenritter

Obey my alarm clock?

I don't obey me alarm clock, that just reminds me to be in time.

But, anyway, I'm not obeying or under subjection to the alarm clock, it doesn't matter if I ignore it, it won't do anything. I'm more likely to be under subjection to the one that I have set the alarm clock to be in time for! Like my boss for instance!

And spiritually my alarm clock is the Holy Spirit, waking me up in God as the day is dawning.

... by that response, at least, it seems that you acknowledge that "obey" can have a range of meanings. If you make a rule for your household, do you obey your own rule?

Ah, but if you say you DO, then I'll point out that you surely can't be yourself. You must be two different people?

God's Truth

Paul:

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Repent of sins and believe all you Jews, Greeks, and Gentiles.

Faith only teachers:

Paul taught repent as in change your mind about God, not repent of sins, cuz Jesus taught repent of sins and that was to the Jews, Paul taught another gospel to the Gentiles; oh yeah, Paul taught what Jesus taught in the beginning, but then Jesus came and told him to change it.

WHAT?!!!

Rosenritter

Yes but that son or daughter isn't their father!

Which is why this is called metaphor. He is also called the Rock, a buckler, the Lamb, even though he isn't made of solid minerals, he isn't literally a shield, and he isn't covered with wool and having four cloven hooves. Can you show why this one form of address should be interpreted literally, where all these others (I could provide more) are recognized metaphors?