The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

And that Spirit...do you consider it one of three spirits? I don't think you do and do not mean to seem as if I insinuate otherwise. I would like clarification though, and I will attempt to consider it without preconceived bias.

I got her to finally answer me and tell me that the Father and Jesus are not Spirit, but that the Holy Spirit is the third person and works as their Spirit.

I gave her scripture that plainly says Jesus is the Spirit.

God's Truth

This verse shows that we each have our own spirit....a soul.....and a body.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​

God communes with man's spirit....the innermost part of man.

Proverbs 20:27 The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly.​

Man has his own spirit (which is invisible as spirits are).

1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.​

Verses such as this one show the inner man and the outer man....body and soul or spirit.

2 Corinthians 4:16
For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.​

Yes, man is a living soul, but he also has a soul which is WHO we are (personality, mind, emotions, etc.). And, yes, it's a deep subject, which I'm thinking you will doubt or even toss out, but there are hundreds of verses that show man is not just a visible body, not just a spirit, and not just a soul. He is triune or tripartate.

And remember, the Tabernacle had three "sections", too.

Our body is made a soul because it has a spirit in it.

A body without the spirit is dead.

God's Truth

I mean there is manifest truth in the Torah, even the written law, but if you read it with a literal/ physical/ material mindset or predisposition then you would, I hope, surely see to be rather grotesque and full of pride, not towards GOD, but towards the Jewish men. In this form of interpretation very many a Pharisees and Sadducees did go and lead astray, per scripture.

As if burning incense is what GOD actually required of Man as opposed to the savor of sincere supplication. As if clothing of varied colors and materials was forbidden as opposed to having but one Master.
As if the free will offering was some obscure thing as opposed to relinquishing the GOD given freedom to sin in favor of true worship. As if the corn and wheat was to be burned up as opposed to man doing what is good and right upon the right time which is today, at every conceivable moment. As if on the Sabbath GOD required that none do anything whatsoever as opposed to lessening the work of your hands and the devouring of your mouth in order to reflect on the things of GOD in GOD's temple for the sake of the temple and the servant.

That probably didn't do anything but worsen the opinions of others towards me, but it is my belief..... For very good reason.

I'm sure it answered little, so feel free to isolate whatever for the sake of understanding and I will try and explain better. Maybe you can help me.

peace

I just don't understand what you mean. God gave the law to Moses and expected for it to be followed. A person was to be right in the heart and do the purification/ceremonial works. However, the law was NOT based on faith. A person could do the ceremonial works and go to the temple where God's Spirit was.
God said He did not like it that people could sin and not really be sorry. He spoke of the New Covenant to come.

marhig

I got her to finally answer me and tell me that the Father and Jesus are not Spirit, but that the Holy Spirit is the third person and works as their Spirit.

I gave her scripture that plainly says Jesus is the Spirit.
I'm guessing that you are talking about me? Where have I said that the father and Jesus are not Spirit? I've never said that.

marhig

Marhig asked why then did God call Jesus Son he were really the Father. I explained that because Jesus came from God and when one comes from another we call that person a 'son' or a 'daughter'. She then said but sons and daughters are not their father. I explained that Jesus only said and did what the Father said and did and no one can do that unless they were that person.

You said a perfect and obedient child would. However, no matter how perfect and obedient a human child is, there is no way they could only say and do what their father says.
Jesus clearly said that he came not to do his will, but the will of the father. Who is also the one that sent him. So he's not the father.

Look I don't believe as you do. I don't believe that Jesus is the father at all and you do. So there we go.

God's Truth

Jesus clearly said that he came not to do his will, but the will of the father. Who is also the one that sent him. So he's not the father.

Look I don't believe as you do. I don't believe that Jesus is the father at all and you do. So there we go.

The scriptures plainly say he is God.

Since the scriptures say he is God, then he is also the Father, since there is only one God and He is the Father.

God's Truth

Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

Just believe what is plainly written:

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

...and more.

There is only one divine Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

Ephesians 2:18 For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

I have proven with scripture that Jesus is the Spirit.

I have proven with scripture that there is only one Divine Spirit.

Now I will show scripture that plainly shows us that Jesus is God.

Is Jesus not our Savior? Jude 1:25 to the only God our Savior be glory,

Is Jesus not our God and Savior?: Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Is Jesus not God the King of kings and Lord of lords? 1 Timothy 6:15 which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,

Revelation 17:14 They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

marhig

The scriptures plainly say he is God.

Since the scriptures say he is God, then he is also the Father, since there is only one God and He is the Father.
Sorry, but I believe that God is the father and he is one God, and Jesus Christ is the son, his anointed, I don't believe that Jesus is the Almighty God, but I believe that the scriptures mean that the fullness of God was in him, because he didn't live by the will of his flesh and never sinned, and only spoke what God gave him to speak and did as God commanded him to do, Jesus was dead to his self will, the flesh and the world, so we saw the express image of the living God through him, and that's how he is God with us. Now that's what I see to be true from the Bible, and you see it differently. I can't see from the scriptures that Jesus is the father, and I can clearly see that he isn't the father. So I'll have to leave it there. I won't you answer any more on this as it's going on and on. Thanks

God's Truth

Sorry, but I believe that God is the father and he is one God, and Jesus Christ is the son, his anointed, I don't believe that Jesus is the Almighty God, but I believe that the scriptures mean that the fullness of God was in him, because he didn't live by the will of his flesh and never sinned, and only spoke what God gave him to speak and did as God commanded him to do, Jesus was dead to his self will, the flesh and the world, so we saw the express image of the living God through him, and that's how he is God with us. Now that's what I see to be true from the Bible, and you see it differently. I can't see from the scriptures that Jesus is the father, and I can clearly see that he isn't the father. So I'll have to leave it there. I won't you answer any more on this as it's going on and on. Thanks

I gave scripture proving my beliefs.

popsthebuilder

Marhig asked why then did God call Jesus Son he were really the Father. I explained that because Jesus came from God and when one comes from another we call that person a 'son' or a 'daughter'. She then said but sons and daughters are not their father. I explained that Jesus only said and did what the Father said and did and no one can do that unless they were that person.

You said a perfect and obedient child would. However, no matter how perfect and obedient a human child is, there is no way they could only say and do what their father says.
Only if it is simply a play on words; as a father, in normal cases would surely speak more than only commands for his offspring throughout the remainder of his life. Unless perhaps he and his son or daughter or what have you were in a vacuum. Or the only two that could communicate.

popsthebuilder

This verse shows that we each have our own spirit....a soul.....and a body.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​

God communes with man's spirit....the innermost part of man.

Proverbs 20:27 The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly.​

Man has his own spirit (which is invisible as spirits are).

1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.​

Verses such as this one show the inner man and the outer man....body and soul or spirit.

2 Corinthians 4:16
For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.​

Yes, man is a living soul, but he also has a soul which is WHO we are (personality, mind, emotions, etc.). And, yes, it's a deep subject, which I'm thinking you will doubt or even toss out, but there are hundreds of verses that show man is not just a visible body, not just a spirit, and not just a soul. He is triune or tripartate.

And remember, the Tabernacle had three "sections", too.
Thanks for the clarification.

I agree I think. Though I don't know why you would assume I would throw it out after I plainly said we.... Nevermind.

You say there is a spirit or soul (the inner man),

A life giving Spirit,

And a body that make up each individual.

I only asked to see that you weren't saying we each have two separate personal spirits, but that one of them is the Spirit that isn't ours in that it isn't synonymous with our spirit or soul.

Please correct me where you think I am wrong.

popsthebuilder

I just don't understand what you mean. God gave the law to Moses and expected for it to be followed. A person was to be right in the heart and do the purification/ceremonial works. However, the law was NOT based on faith. A person could do the ceremonial works and go to the temple where God's Spirit was.
God said He did not like it that people could sin and not really be sorry. He spoke of the New Covenant to come.
I'm listening but am a little confused as to what it is you are saying. Do you understand that if GODS' law wasn't perfect for HIS creation that it means GOD made a mistake (which I'm uncomfortable even saying)? It was the manipulation there of by the hands of man, and the misdirection either with intent or simply from literal interpretation of oral traditions passed from generation to generation eventually being nearly unrecognizable in ways.

Things that pertain to GOD are spiritual, and as such not exactly literally physical.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

...and more.

There is only one divine Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

Ephesians 2:18 For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

I have proven with scripture that Jesus is the Spirit.

I have proven with scripture that there is only one Divine Spirit.

Now I will show scripture that plainly shows us that Jesus is God.

Is Jesus not our Savior? Jude 1:25 to the only God our Savior be glory,

Is Jesus not our God and Savior?: Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Is Jesus not God the King of kings and Lord of lords? 1 Timothy 6:15 which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,

Revelation 17:14 They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

Nope, He sent the Holy Spirit.

glorydaz

You are a deceitful worker, God's UNtruth. Paul is talking about the Gospel which gives LIFE through belief in the Lord Jesus Christ. That "spirit of life" versus the letter of the law. The ministration of the law as opposed to the ministration of the Spirit.

2 Cor. 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Cor. 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.​

The Comforter has come and you don't even know who He is. Christ finished His work on the cross, and the Holy Spirit's work is imparting life to us through the Gospel and testifying of Him.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:​

God's Truth

I'm listening but am a little confused as to what it is you are saying. Do you understand that if GODS' law wasn't perfect for HIS creation that it means GOD made a mistake (which I'm uncomfortable even saying)?
God made the law as given to Moses until Jesus came and gave the new law.

It was the manipulation there of by the hands of man, and the misdirection either with intent or simply from literal interpretation of oral traditions passed from generation to generation eventually being nearly unrecognizable in ways.
I don't see that in the Bible. Could you give me scriptures that you think are not from God?

Things that pertain to GOD are spiritual, and as such not exactly literally physical.

The old testament was more about earthy man, and the new testament tells about the spirit. However, it is about both really. The spirit and the flesh affect each other.