The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters
Do you believe in capital punishment?

I see where you are trying to go with this.

As a matter of fact, I do. However, God was the one to establish capital punishment to begin with. He has established it as a temporal payment for deeds that he has deemed worthy of such payment this side of the ages, but it is also God who will do the correcting and restoring of he who was given such punishment in the age of ages.

All sin leads to death; all death leads to judgement; all judgement leads to correction; and all correction leads to restoration. This is what God has established, and God does not change.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Nang

TOL Subscriber

As a matter of fact, I do. However, God was the one to establish capital punishment to begin with. He has established it as a temporal payment for deeds that he has deemed worthy of such payment this side of the ages, but it is also God who will do the correcting and restoring of he who was given such punishment in the age of ages.

All sin leads to death; all death leads to judgement; all judgement leads to correction; and all correction leads to restoration. This is what God has established, and God does not change.

There is no restoration, correction, or grace for the unsaved, after death. Only the judgment of the second death . . .

Purgatory is unbiblical.

popsthebuilder

You are much mistaken here. Check out Ezekiel 16:55... Judgement is always a correction of something never the end of it: ALWAYS.

This includes the lake of fire judgement.

Oh how I do love the truth of universal reconciliation. But I can't claim to know that universal reconciliation includes those set for destruction, those who knowingly blaspheme the Holy Spirit and turn others astray.

Do you think that all will repent, or that the mercy of GOD is without limit?

Please; I ask you to provide scripture showing that ALL will be reconsiled to GOD, by HIS Will.

thanks.

peace

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
There is no restoration, correction, or grace for the unsaved, after death. Only the judgment of the second death . . .

Purgatory is unbiblical.
Purgatory is not for the lost, sorry but you've probably got a long stay there yourself unless you're fortunate enough to have many many temporal indulgences granted to you by the Church.

lifeisgood

So To you; the finished work of the Christ in no way corelates with the work we still must do? The fact that Jesus prayed for the cup to be passed from him if it was the will of GOD means nothing to you?

What are you going about now?

The fact that GOD answers all prayer that is His will must mean nothing too.

What?

The fact that Jesus is the cornerstone of the foundation of the faith of the believer should tell you building still needs to be done.

Jesus is not only the cornerstone but He provides everything for the construction. (Matt. 22:1-14)

Did Jesus finish His work; indeed. Are we to ignore that work all while spouting otherwise in the street corners Goethe sight of men? Check your little book.

I will assume that you had not had your coffee yet.

I have repeatedly stated I have no problem with the perspective of the Trinity, but you want to claim otherwise in an attempt to discredit me.

Libel statement.

How very truthful and noble of you; you who believe the teachings of the Christ to be of no significance.

Another libel statement.

Please show where I ever said I obey all commands of the Christ of GOD?

I do not believe I said that. I believe I said, 'Do you like, gt.....?'

Show me why it is you think you don't have to love GOD and love your neighbor.

Another libel statement.

Please stop lying about others just because you deceive yourself. Never not once have I ever said or insinuated that any not follow Christ (which you actually preach, blind man) or follow me.
Support your fraudulent claims against my character.

Man, I must be hitting some notes.

I don't want to talk about me but you leave me little choice;

As if I had any power to stop you from talking about yourself or not. You give me too much power, which I definitely do not want.

I have nothing and regard the material as nothing, giving at every conceivable interval.

Many a pagan also gives at every conceivable interval.
Many Christians do the same.

I did start my walk in faith, a few years ago. Literally sold all I had for basically nothing and literally started off walking towards Alaska from Louisiana in hopes of getting to the berring straight, and eventually crossing to Russia and eventually Spain and Jerusalem. I had brought a bag with a change of clothes, and a machete, a break away fishing pole, water filter, and a few different bibles. No coat, didn't leave in winter and did forsake all I had to follow Him.
Please do not equate that to me saying I accomplished anything. Though I only made it to New Mexico, GOD is what brought me that far. I was only responsible for turning back.

Did you receive word from the Holy Spirit to do that?

I guess not, for God turned you back.

I still have faith in the Lord GOD

Sounds to me as if you are thinking God made you do something you decided to do yourself.

yet very little in myself at times.

As it should be.

Stop falsely accusing based on ignorance and assumption please

Included in the comprehension thingy, should be included the commas, periods, question marks, exclamation points, emojis, ellipsis, etc., etc.

lifeisgood

Purgatory is not for the lost, sorry but you've probably got a long stay there yourself unless you're fortunate enough to have many many temporal indulgences granted to you by the Church.

Oh, c'mon Nihilo. How much 'temporal' indulgences your church has to provide for you to be able to get out of purgatory? As if your church is God. How do you know that the 'temporal' indulgences are acceptable to God? Where did Jesus talk about purgatory? Where did Jesus talk about indulgences?

From https://www.catholic.com/tract/myths-about-indulgences:
Since indulgences remit only temporal penalties, they cannot remit the eternal penalty of hell. Once a person is in hell, no amount of indulgences will ever change that fact. The only way to avoid hell is by appealing to God’s eternal mercy while still alive. After death, one’s eternal fate is set (Heb. 9:27).

The Catholic Encyclopedia notes, "[An indulgence] is not a permission to commit sin, nor a pardon of future sin; neither could be granted by any power."

The definition of indulgences presupposes that forgiveness has already taken place: "An indulgence is a remission before God of the temporal punishment due to sins whose guilt has already been forgiven" (Indulgentarium Doctrina 1, emphasis added). Indulgences in no way forgive sins. They deal only with punishments left after sins have been forgiven.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Oh, c'mon Nihilo. How much 'temporal' indulgences your church has to provide for you to be able to get out of purgatory?
There's only One Church. Getting out of purgatory isn't really the point of purgatory, it's just logical cause-and-effect. What goes around comes around, and physically dying doesn't stop that. We can and do grant temporal indulgences when we forgive those who trespass against us.
As if your church is God. How do you know that the 'temporal' indulgences are acceptable to God?
There's only One Church. We know we've been granted temporal indulgences when we don't have to pay for what we've stolen. We aren't thrown in prison for committing a felony. We somehow miss the ground even though we deliberately jumped off the roof. These are sins, trespasses, and their temporal penalties can be forgiven, and their forgiveness is called an indulgence.
Where did Jesus talk about purgatory? Where did Jesus talk about indulgences?
When He taught us to pray the Our Father.
From https://www.catholic.com/tract/myths-about-indulgences:
Since indulgences remit only temporal penalties, they cannot remit the eternal penalty of hell. Once a person is in hell, no amount of indulgences will ever change that fact. The only way to avoid hell is by appealing to God’s eternal mercy while still alive. After death, one’s eternal fate is set (Heb. 9:27).

The Catholic Encyclopedia notes, "[An indulgence] is not a permission to commit sin, nor a pardon of future sin; neither could be granted by any power."

The definition of indulgences presupposes that forgiveness has already taken place: "An indulgence is a remission before God of the temporal punishment due to sins whose guilt has already been forgiven" (Indulgentarium Doctrina 1, emphasis added). Indulgences in no way forgive sins. They deal only with punishments left after sins have been forgiven.
That all sounds OK.

popsthebuilder

What are you going about now?

What?

Jesus is not only the cornerstone but He provides everything for the construction. (Matt. 22:1-14)

I will assume that you had not had your coffee yet.

Libel statement.

Another libel statement.

I do not believe I said that. I believe I said, 'Do you like, gt.....?'

Another libel statement.

Man, I must be hitting some notes.

As if I had any power to stop you from talking about yourself or not. You give me too much power, which I definitely do not want.

Many a pagan also gives at every conceivable interval.
Many Christians do the same.

Did you receive word from the Holy Spirit to do that?

I guess not, for God turned you back.

Sounds to me as if you are thinking God made you do something you decided to do yourself.

As it should be.

Included in the comprehension thingy, should be included the commas, periods, question marks, exclamation points, emojis, ellipsis, etc., etc.

Wow.

You might want to consider speaking in such a way about the origins of one's faith; that origin being GOD, since you are coming off as very ignorant indeed; I will mind my words. I've stated before that genuine ignorance is not nearly as bad as genuine attempted misdirection and deception.

So Jesus is not only the cornerstone but too all that makes up the house or temple of GOD? I can agree with that. So you agree that a building is generally built on a foundation and the foundation and building materials are provided by Christ in regards to the house of GOD?

So are we to not do anything with the foundation and materials set out for us?

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I did start my walk in faith, a few years ago. Literally sold all I had for basically nothing and literally started off walking towards Alaska from Louisiana in hopes of getting to the berring straight, and eventually crossing to Russia and eventually Spain and Jerusalem. I had brought a bag with a change of clothes, and a machete, a break away fishing pole, water filter, and a few different bibles. No coat, didn't leave in winter and did forsake all I had to follow Him.

Please do not equate that to me saying I accomplished anything. Though I only made it to New Mexico, GOD is what brought me that far. I was only responsible for turning back.

You are still on your journey.

LA

keypurr

Not impressed so far with a thread from an anti-trinity ranting heretic.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You should face the truth as recorded in scripture.

You display your lack of theology when you do not give a scripture reason for your thoughts. In other words your a clanging symbol.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

keypurr

How much will that cost?

Luther went through that with the evil RCC years ago Nihilo.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
How much will that cost?

Luther went through that with the evil RCC years ago Nihilo.

Martin Luther wasn't even a bishop in the Church, let alone the pope. No one cares what he thinks. He also said something about if a mother dies in childbirth, that's fine because that's what she's supposed to be doing anyway.

Who cares what Martin Luther thinks.

Are you an old man, or what? And you can't lie to me, because you've not answered this before. If you're only representing as an old man, but you're not an old man, I need to know that.

Rosenritter

1. Can you show me where you are looking that says all judgment leads to correction and restoration? If the laws that God established are any measure, there is precedent for final punishment as a literal end.

2. Where do you stand on the question of whether God has given mankind free will, to choose life or death, obedience or rebellion?

Rosenritter

It's been a while since I heard of these being available. What's the going rate for indulgences now days?

Can these be obtained at both flat rates or proportional rates? for example, if I purchase a thousand year exemption it would be overkill if I only earned four hundred years. On the other hand, it wouldn't be a drop in the bucket if I had a million year sentence. In the former case I could get a smaller package deal, in the latter case it would make more sense for me to try for the 90% indulgence or to get two 50% ones and combine them.

I apologize for my lack of understanding in this topic. Please forgive any misapplied questions and simply correct them as necessary. Thank you.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
It's been a while since I heard of these being available. What's the going rate for indulgences now days?

Can these be obtained at both flat rates or proportional rates? for example, if I purchase a thousand year exemption it would be overkill if I only earned four hundred years. On the other hand, it wouldn't be a drop in the bucket if I had a million year sentence. In the former case I could get a smaller package deal, in the latter case it would make more sense for me to try for the 90% indulgence or to get two 50% ones and combine them.

I apologize for my lack of understanding in this topic. Please forgive any misapplied questions and simply correct them as necessary. Thank you.
I'm not really sure. I just know that based upon the definition of indulgence, we can grant them to each other, when we forgive those who trespass against us. :idunno: