The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven,if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked.For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life.Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.For we walk by faith, not by sight.We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. - 2 Corinthians 5:1-8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Corinthians5:1-8&version=NKJV
That is about when we get new physical bodies. That is about the resurrection.

I think you misread what I said. I said "uncontained," not "[un]contaminated." Please read more carefully.

Maybe you should learn the correct word for it? By the way, you are still wrong, maybe even more wrong now. lol

God's Truth

JR, the Spirit isn't a person but Spirit, Jesus' words are Spirit and they are life, they are not a person, and they proceed from the father of lights, who is also Spirit and not a person.
Jesus is a person and his Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father.

I believe the Spirit is like you and me as in a being, as in a spiritual being, like we are but without flesh and without any sin. God is Holy and a Spirit, Christ is Holy and a spirit, and the Holy Spirit is Holy because he comes from God.
There is only one Divine Spirit.

I don't see the Holy Spirit as one person, but as many ministering Spirits sent into our hearts to bring us the word of God.

NO WAY! We are not given angels to live inside us when we are saved, we are given the One and only Holy Spirit of God.
These all speak only what God through Christ gives them to speak thus they are one. They speak only his word and they are one as God and Christ are one and we are as one with them when we are born of God, all walking under the same cloud.

For example, Elijah was in John, he was the a part of the Holy Spirit that was in John.

I see the Holy Spirit likened to one cloud with many raindrops. And Christ comes in through the Spirit. And is made manifest within our hearts by the power of the Spirit.

That just isn't in the Bible.

God's Truth

No, not until you answer the very simple yes or no or I don't know question.

Can the effect be greater than the cause?

There goes your ridiculous question that you keep on insisting that you asked and that we avoid. Is it your imaginary question that we don't answer? lol What don't you get about explain yourself and or ask in a different way?

NWL

You said 'no' to the scripture THAT PLAINLY SAYS Jesus is the Spirit.

Not wise to go against what is written.

That scripture says Jesus was made like sinful flesh. That scripture proves you wrong, for if Jesus is not God and did not come from heaven, as you say, then what does it mean to be made like sinful flesh? You were NOT made LIKE sinful flesh, you ARE sinful flesh. Jesus is God the Father come from heaven and made like sinful flesh.

That is what the scripture says. Not only that, you go against the scriptures that say Jesus CAME FROM HEAVEN.

I believe LA does believe the person who we know as Jesus did come from heaven, he just understands that the Son of God did not become Jesus until his conception in Mary, prior to this his was the Son of God in the Heaven. LA believe's, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, that Jesus became Jesus at his earthly conception becoming both our Lord and Christ as outlined in the scripture.

(Acts 2:36) "..Therefore, let all the house of Israel know for a certainty that God made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you executed on a stake.."

He's not wrong in what he says, but his argument is a technicality.

God's Truth

Why do you want a simple question explained? It's literally a yes or no question. Cause and effect mean cause and effect.

I want to make my point step by step. Is that not allowed?

Marhig: Can the effect be greater than the cause?

Are you really that ignorant or are you playing games?

She asked you to explain and you are trying your best to get out of it, even acting as if she is doing something wrong. You did that to me before too. You need to examine yourself.

God's Truth

I believe LA does believe the person who we know as Jesus did come from heaven, he just understands that the Son of God did not become Jesus until his conception in Mary, prior to this his was the Son of God in the Heaven. LA believe's, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, that Jesus became Jesus at his earthly conception becoming both our Lord and Christ as outlined in the scripture.

(Acts 2:36) "..Therefore, let all the house of Israel know for a certainty that God made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you executed on a stake.."

He's not wrong in what he says, but his argument is a technicality.

No, Lazy has debated with me for years and has said MANY times that Jesus did NOT come from heaven.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That is about when we get new physical bodies.

Duh, I'm pretty sure that's what we're talking about here, which is why I quoted it.

That is about the resurrection.

No, Paul is talking about when we die.

For we know that if our earthly house, this tent [our physical body], is destroyed [ie, we are killed or die], we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens [a new heavenly body]. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven, if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. For we who are in this tent [our current body] groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee. So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight.We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord - 2 Corinthians 5:1-8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Corinthians5:1-8&version=NKJV

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. In other words, when we (Christians) die, we are immediately transported to Heaven to be with God, and are given a new body to dwell in.

On the other hand, those who are not believers, when they die, will not be given a new body.

Maybe you should learn the correct word for it?

"Uncontained" is a word, and is the word I wanted to use.

By the way, you are still wrong, maybe even more wrong now. lol

How so?

NWL

No, Lazy has debated with me for years and has said MANY times that Jesus did NOT come from heaven.

As stated, I think its because you're using the term Jesus, if you said "Son of God" or even "the word" instead of Jesus I'm sure he/she would agree that the Jesus/Son of God came from heaven. But to say "Jesus" came from heaven when the "son of God" or "word" only became Jesus at the conception and birth is again technically wrong, as petty as it seems, hence LA disagreement and your confusion.

I find no issue in calling Jesus Jesus when referring to his pre-human existance, as I said before, the idea LA has in regards to Jesus not being Jesus prior to his earthly life is a technicality, the bible speaks about technicalities.

(2 Timothy 2:14) "..Keep reminding them of these things, instructing them before God not to fight about words, something of no usefulness at all because it harms those listening.."

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Are you really that ignorant or are you playing games?

No, I was trying to get a straight answer to a very simple question.

She asked you to explain and you are trying your best to get out of it, even acting as if she is doing something wrong. You did that to me before too. You need to examine yourself.

Explain what? If a question is very simple, and requires a very simple answer, why does it need explaining? It's not like I'm asking some super hard question that needs extra information in order to answer it.

God's Truth

As stated, I think its because you're using the term Jesus, if you said "Son of God" or even "the word" instead of Jesus I'm sure he/she would agree that the Jesus/Son of God came from heaven. But to say "Jesus" came from heaven when the "son of God" or "word" only became Jesus at the conception and birth is again technically wrong, as petty as it seems, hence LA disagreement and your confusion.

I find no issue in calling Jesus Jesus when referring to his pre-human existance, as I said before, the idea LA has in regards to Jesus not being Jesus prior to his earthly life is a technicality, the bible speaks about technicalities.

(2 Timothy 2:14) "..Keep reminding them of these things, instructing them before God not to fight about words, something of no usefulness at all because it harms those listening.."

Lazy Afternoon SAYS Jesus did NOT come from heaven.

These scriptures say he did:

God sent his Son into the world. John 3:17.

Jesus came from the Father. See John 1:14.

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

John 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.

John 6:62 Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

God's Truth

Yes. What is your point?

So, in your doctrine, Jesus is physically living inside of you?

At that time, yes.

So, in your doctrine, Jesus would physically live inside them?

Yes. I, Jesus, will pray to the Father and the Father will send the Holy Spirit.

So, you are saying that Jesus is physically living inside you?

Yes, the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, the Paraclete will come and live inside the BElievers.

So, you are saying that Jesus came to live physically inside them?

Go study more what I said.

NWL

Lazy Afternoon SAYS Jesus did NOT come from heaven.

These scriptures say he did:

God sent his Son into the world. John 3:17.

Jesus came from the Father. See John 1:14.

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

John 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

You're not understanding, the "word" or "the Son of God" only became Jesus when he was named Jesus. Prior to being called Jesus the "word" or the "son" was not Jesus because he did not yet have that name.

I do not deny or was stating that the Son of God or did not come from heaven, again, I do not even believe LA holds such a thought.

To make things simpler so you can understand, not mine, but LA viewpoint I'll refer to the example of Abraham. Abraham was not Abraham's original name, his original name was "Abram", God however renamed him "Abraham" according to Genesis 17:5. One might refer to an account involving Abraham prior to his name change and call him by the name Abraham when doing so, someone might object to this and claim, "that didn't happen to Abraham but to Abram". Someone saying such a thing would not be wrong but it doesn't dismiss the fact that it's a technicality and should be ignored so not to be overly dogmatic.

(Genesis 17:5) "..Your name will no longer be Aʹbram; your name will become Abraham, for I will make you a father of many nations.."

I believe this is where LA is coming from. "Jesus" didn't come from heaven because the "Son of God" only became and was named Jesus by his human parents.

God's Truth

You're not understanding, the "word" or "the Son of God" only became Jesus when he was named Jesus. Prior to being called Jesus the "word" or the "son" was not Jesus because he did not yet have that name.

I gave scripture that plainly says THE SON OF GOD, the Son of Man CAME FROM HEAVEN.

God's Truth

I do not deny or was stating that the Son of God or did not come from heaven, again, I do not even believe LA holds such a thought.
To make things simpler so you can understand, not mine, but LA viewpoint I'll refer to the example of Abraham. Abraham was not Abraham's original name, his original name was "Abram", God however renamed him "Abraham" according to Genesis 17:5. One might refer to an account involving Abraham prior to his name change and call him by the name Abraham when doing so, someone might object to this and claim, "that didn't happen to Abraham but to Abram". Someone saying such a thing would not be wrong but it doesn't dismiss the fact that it's a technicality and should be ignored so not to be overly dogmatic.

(Genesis 17:5) "..Your name will no longer be Aʹbram; your name will become Abraham, for I will make you a father of many nations.."

I believe this is where LA is coming from. "Jesus" didn't come from heaven because the "Son of God" only became and was named Jesus by his human parents.

I have proven with scripture that the Son of God did come from heaven.
I have been debating Lazy for a long time about this and he/she has said a man named Jesus became God and did not come from heaven