The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Truster

How do you see the Holy spirit as being a person? A person is a human! The Holy Spirit is spirit.

Thanks

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.​

He: used as the subject of a verb to refer to a male person, boy, or male animal.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The thing is, if Jesus endured temptation as we do, and was tempted in all points as we are, then he went through exactly what we do, yet without sin!

And what is the devil? He is evil, so how can Jesus not have been tempted by evil? Are we not tempted by evil? And if he was tempted in all points as we are then wouldn't he also have experienced the experiences as we do and endure the temptations of Satan as we do, yet the difference is Christ Jesus didn't sin, we do!

What do you believe Jesus was tempted by? It says in the Bible that the devil tempted him and the devil is evil!

I feel that he could endure all temptation, no matter what. So it's not the temptation but rather the fact that Jesus didn't sin that's important!

Only with help from His Father--

Heb 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.​

He: used as the subject of a verb to refer to a male person, boy, or male animal.

Perhaps few can accept this but--

He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears

from His Son.

LA

marhig

That doesn't mean that he is a person? A person is human, the Spirit isn't human.

marhig

Only with help from His Father--

Heb 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

LA
Yes absolutely, he says that the father had given him power over all flesh. And that without the father he could do nothing.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is the Holy Spirit. See 2 Corinthians 3:17.

No.

The Holy Spirit conceived Jesus.

Jesus was not the Father in a human body.

Jesus is a full man in His own right made like all men--

Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
Heb 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

LA

marhig

So you're a person. I'm glad we agree.

Marhig, can the effect be greater than the cause?
JR, the Spirit isn't a person but Spirit, Jesus' words are Spirit and they are life, they are not a person, and they proceed from the father of lights, who is also Spirit and not a person.

I believe the Spirit is like you and me as in a being, as in a spiritual being, like we are but without flesh and without any sin. God is Holy and a Spirit, Christ is Holy and a spirit, and the Holy Spirit is Holy because he comes from God.

I don't see the Holy Spirit as one person, but as many ministering Spirits sent into our hearts to bring us the word of God. These all speak only what God through Christ gives them to speak thus they are one. They speak only his word and they are one as God and Christ are one and we are as one with them when we are born of God, all walking under the same cloud.

For example, Elijah was in John, he was the a part of the Holy Spirit that was in John.

I see the Holy Spirit likened to one cloud with many raindrops. And Christ comes in through the Spirit. And is made manifest within our hearts by the power of the Spirit.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
JR, the Spirit isn't a person but Spirit, Jesus' words are Spirit and they are life, they are not a person, and they proceed from the father of lights, who is also Spirit and not a person.

I believe the Spirit is like you and me as in a being, as in a spiritual being, like we are but without flesh and without any sin. God is Holy and a Spirit, Christ is Holy and a spirit, and the Holy Spirit is Holy because he comes from God.

I don't see the Holy Spirit as one person, but as many ministering Spirits sent into our hearts to bring us the word of God. These all speak only what God through Christ gives them to speak thus they are one. They speak only his word and they are one as God and Christ are one and we are as one with them when we are born of God, all walking under the same cloud.

For example, Elijah was in John, he was the a part of the Holy Spirit that was in John.

I see the Holy Spirit likened to one cloud with many raindrops. And Christ comes in through the Spirit. And is made manifest within our hearts by the power of the Spirit.

Marhig, I asked a simple question, one that was not answered. Could you please answer the question?

Can the effect be greater than the cause?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Well until you explain what you mean by that, then i can't answer sorry.
Why do you want a simple question explained? It's literally a yes or no question. Cause and effect mean cause and effect.

I want to make my point step by step. Is that not allowed?

Marhig: Can the effect be greater than the cause?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Or does the cause uphold the effect?
Why is it so hard for people to answer the question I'm asking, and not answer the question I'm not asking?

Can the effect be greater than the cause?
A) Yes
B) No
C) I don't know