The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Lon

They only prove my point.

Christ is our high priest, the mediator between God and mankind. You can not be a priest of GOD and and be God. Believe the words of Christ, there is only one true God, the Father.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TOL mobile app

:nono: "...without beginning or end...."

keypurr

:nono: "...without beginning or end...."
Christ was a priest under the order of Mel, he was not Mel.

Also keep in mind that the express image existed before time. If God created all through this son I would think that would include time.

There are many questions on this Lon. I think of would could be. Do you think that time was created?

Lon

Christ was a priest under the order of Mel, he was not Mel.
:doh: Counter-intuitive, Keypurr.

Also keep in mind that the express image existed before time. If God created all through this son I would think that would include time.

There are many questions on this Lon. I think of would could be. Do you think that time was created?
Do you realize if there was no time, the Lord Jesus Christ could not have been created? It is logically impossible.
Imho, your problem is that you rely too much upon your limited thinking ability. I think 'better' than you and even I need the church to get it right.

Left to your own devices, you have the limited resource of yourself. I am always sad because of that. You chose and still choose it. Your logic is limited and not even as good as mine. Even I need the body. You? Moreso.

keypurr

:doh: Counter-intuitive, Keypurr.

Do you realize if there was no time, the Lord Jesus Christ could not have been created? It is logically impossible.
Imho, your problem is that you rely too much upon your limited thinking ability. I think 'better' than you and even I need the church to get it right.

Left to your own devices, you have the limited resource of yourself. I am always sad because of that. You chose and still choose it. Your logic is limited and not even as good as mine. Even I need the body. You? Moreso.
My mind is active most of the time Lon. We have limited logic for sure but mine is a bit more than most. That's why all my life I question things.

How the creator did what he did through his Son is well beyond our ability to understand. But that does not stop us from pondering how he did it.

Getting back to the question of when was time created? Was there one time mode for God before he created all? Can you have motion without time? How can creation take place without time?

As you can see my thoughts can run deep. But what is not logical for us could be nothing for God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My mind is active most of the time Lon. We have limited logic for sure but mine is a bit more than most. That's why all my life I question things.

How the creator did what he did through his Son is well beyond our ability to understand. But that does not stop us from pondering how he did it.

Getting back to the question of when was time created? Was there one time mode for God before he created all? Can you have motion without time? How can creation take place without time?

As you can see my thoughts can run deep. But what is not logical for us could be nothing for God.

This thread is not about the creation of time. It is about the Trinity. Let's stay on topic.

Lon

:nono: I knew you were this arrogant but you prove yourself, that you are wrong, even in this thread:
Wish I could learn Greek Lon but I must admit at 81 a person has problems remembering things.
By yourself? :nono:

The 'moment' of creation, time starts "for that creation" only as pertains to that creation. You and I are stuck in it, not God. My Goldfish are stuck in water, I'm not. I interact with them in their water. I'm not constrained by their water in any way and never 'have' to get
wet.
Not deep enough. Sorry.

keypurr

:nono: I knew you were this arrogant but you prove yourself, that you are wrong, even in this thread:

By yourself? :nono:

The 'moment' of creation, time starts "for that creation" only as pertains to that creation. You and I are stuck in it, not God. My Goldfish are stuck in water, I'm not. I interact with them in their water. I'm not constrained by their water in any way and never 'have' to get
wet.
Not deep enough. Sorry.

I don't think I am arrogant Lon, just seeking some understanding of how things came about.

Arrogance would be judging any one who is only interested in thinking they are better than the rest of the sinners.

Think, if the express image came about before time, how could it be? Without time there can be no motion in our limited minds, yet it did happen or scripture is not being truth full to us.

We just have to accept the fact that God created Christ first and everything else came through Christ. Unless you want to change the words of Heb 1:3 and Col 1:15 to fit your traditional doctrin.

keypurr

You don't believe Jesus himself gave up his place in heaven to live as a Man without sins and then suffer and die for us.

That is the Greatest Love ever known.

That is the only sacrifice that could appease God and reconcile the whole world to Himself.
No, but somewhat close.

Jesus did not exist until he was born as a human.
Christ is a spirit Son of God the Father.
Christ became human in the body of Jesus.
The only true God is the Father.

That's what I believe GT.

I see the Father, Son and Holy Spirit working together but only the Father is the most high.

Lon

I don't think I am arrogant Lon, just seeking some understanding of how things came about.

Arrogance would be judging any one who is only interested in thinking they are better than the rest of the sinners.
:think:
My mind is active .... a bit more than most.
:think:

Think, if the express image came about before time, how could it be?
An image of you, is you. There is no 'come about.' God has always existed. His image has always existed. Without a reflection or e camera, your image existed regardless. More: John 1:1 He was 'with' AND was God. You disagree. Why? Easy, you are committed to your mind over
revelation of God.
Without time there can be no motion in our limited minds, yet it did happen or scripture is not being truth full to us.
is
Just because something 'doesn't make sense' to you, does not mean automatically, it is not true. That is why you are a Unit-arian and I am tri-une.

We just have to accept the fact that God created Christ first and everything else came through Christ.
:nono: No fact. No 'just have to accept.' There is no scripture that says either.

Unless you want to change the words of Heb 1:3 and Col 1:15 to fit your doctrin.
Prove it! You can't. These verses do NOT say the Son was created. There is no scripture in all the Bible that says that.

Luke 19:10 The Son 'came.' John 6:38 etc. You won't find but that.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, but somewhat close.

Jesus did not exist until he was born as a human.
Christ is a spirit Son of God the Father.
Christ became human in the body of Jesus.
The only true God is the Father.

That's what I believe GT.

I see the Father, Son and Holy Spirit working together but only the Father is the most high.

You are wrong. You deny John 1:1,14

Jerry Shugart

The only way God can have a God is to be a god.

So the Lord Jesus is in the form of God but he is not God?

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:5-6).​

The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision; the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So when those in heaven will see the ONE on the "Throne of God and of the Lamb" they will see both the Lord Jesus and God at the same time because the Lamb is God:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads"
(Rev.22:3-4).​

How can you possibly trick your mind into believeing that even though the Lord Jesus is in the form of God that He is not God?

You need to put your preconceived ideas away and start to believe what the Scriptures actually say about the Lord Jesus, that He is God:

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom"
(Heb.1:8).​

keypurr

:think::think:

An image of you, is you. There is no 'come about.' God has always existed. His image has always existed. Without a reflection or e camera, your image existed regardless. More: John 1:1 He was 'with' AND was God. You disagree. Why? Easy, you are committed to your mind over
revelation of God.
is
Just because something 'doesn't make sense' to you, does not mean automatically, it is not true. That is why you are a Unit-arian and I am tri-une.

:nono: No fact. No 'just have to accept.' There is no scripture that says either.

Prove it! You can't. These verses do NOT say the Son was created. There is no scripture in all the Bible that says that.

Luke 19:10 The Son 'came.' John 6:38 etc. You won't find but that.
Name any IMAGE that is not a creation.
Think deeper Lon.
Any image needs a subject to be an image of.

In other words, God was alone until he created his image. You can not disregard what is in the book Lon to fit your error ridden traditions.

You not as smart as I was giving you credit for. You can not have am image without the subject of the image. Reflection, photo, shadow, copy. What ever one you pick needs an original subject.

Logic 101, you must have slept through it.

Heb 1:3 God created his express image, a spiritual son that he was pleased to give his fullness. In other words, God created form of God, "a" god. If you want truth you will need to see that.

John 17:3 there is only one true most high God, the Father.

keypurr

You are wrong. You deny John 1:1,14
Not at all BR, I accept and support thoes verses.

You have yet to give me a reason from the Bible to show me my mistakes. Follow your man made doctrines if you must. I feel that I have reflected the light given to me to share a you decide what you wish to do with it.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not at all BR, I accept and support thoes verses.

You have yet to give me a reason from the Bible to show me my mistakes. Follow your man made doctrines if you must. I feel that I have reflected the light given to me to share a you decide what you wish to do with it.

The Bible, plain and simple, 101. It teaches that God came in the flesh. There is not refutation. It is a statement of fact. You deny John 1:1, 14 thus a direct denial that God came in the flesh.

KingdomRose

:nono: Heb 1:8
  πρὸς δὲ τὸν υἱόν· ὁ θρόνος σου, ὁ Θεός, εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα τοῦ αἰῶνος· ῥάβδος εὐθύτητος ἡ ῥάβδος τῆς βασιλείας σου. 

[however/but]To the son He [God from verse 5 on]: The throne of you, God is forever and forever, a septre of right is the sceptre of [your] rule/kingdom.

Exactly. God is "the throne of you." Jesus' throne gets its authority and power from God. In the next verse, Jesus has a God, who anointed him "with the oil of exultation."

KingdomRose

"I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, {notice the comma there} as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." - John 17:20-23 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John17:20-23&version=NKJV

Notice: "that they also may be one IN US." Jesus was asking that the disciples be in the Father and himself just as Jesus and the Father were "one." So, clearly, the disciples could be "one" with God and Jesus. "One" simply means unified, of one mind. Otherwise the disciples must be considered God too.

Your reasoning is without reason! It collapses.