The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To the Reader,

Notice that Judgerightly has been going against me for saying we have to believe and obey to be saved, to repent of our sins?

Now Judgerightly is trying to throw confusion on the matter, maybe unknowingly so, for that is what ensnared people do.

We have to repent of our sins, even the sin of following false doctrines.

Quote scripture to back up your statements.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have many.

Here is one for you to believe:

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
What is the will of the Father in that passage?

God's Truth

I'm waiting GT.

Here are more since you waited:

Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

See John 14:23, Acts 5:32, Acts 10:35, Acts 15:8, James 2:14, 17, 22, Matthew 7:21, Mathew 12:50, John 15:14, Luke 11:28, John 8:31, Galatians 6:7, Luke 6:46, Jeremiah 11:6.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Here is another one since you waited:

Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him
GT, I'll ask you again, who was the book of Hebrews written to?

God's Truth

You will have to start a thread on it so that this thread will not be derailed.

I hope you do start a thread on it.

As for the Hebrews, since you do not want to accept what is said to them, I have more for you from other books and letters.

God's Truth

God's will is that you obey Jesus' teachings.

Ephesians 5:17
Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.

Colossians 1:9
For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

See John 14:23, Acts 5:32, Acts 10:35, Acts 15:8, James 2:14, 17, 22, Matthew 7:21, Mathew 12:50, John 15:14, Luke 11:28, John 8:31, Galatians 6:7, Luke 6:46, Jeremiah 11:6.

Thank You.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I hope you do start a thread on it.

Yeah, no.

As for the Hebrews, since you do not want to accept what is said to them, I have more for you from other books and letters.

Who said anything about accepting what is said to them? I accept it as part of the Bible just like you do. But that's not my point. I just wanted to make sure you knew who the book was written to.

Seeing as you DO know, however, I have a follow-up question:

I am not a Jew, and (correct me if I'm wrong) I'm pretty sure you're not a Jew either. So why are you trying to take what was said to the Nation of Israel and apply it to Christianity? Don't you think that that's a big foolish?

God's will is that you obey Jesus' teachings.

Is it really? Jesus taught only the Jews. His entire ministry was directed at and focused on the Nation of Israel. I am not of the Nation of Israel.

Ephesians 5:17
Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.

Colossians 1:9
For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding.

God's will is that we love Him, and be more like Christ. It's not obeying commands, it's not following Jesus' teachings. It's that we love God.

Oh, and GT, we are saved through faith. No works needed.

Spoiler
*For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, *not of works, lest anyone should boast. - Ephesians 2:8-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians2:8-9&version=NKJV

God's Truth

Judgerightly, I would like to correct what you say, but it will have to be in the appropriate thread.

This thread is about the trinity.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Verse………………………………………….Directed at

John 14:23………………………………..Israel, works only
Acts 5:32…………………………………..Israel, works only
Acts 10:35…………………………………Israel, works only
Acts 15:8…………………………………..Israel, conflict between Paul and the Twelve (see, there was indeed conflict, GT)
James 2:14, 17, 22…………………..Israel, works show faith
Matthew 7:21……………………………Israel, works only
Mathew 12:50………………………….Israel, works only
John 15:14……………………………….Israel, works only
Luke 11:28……………………………….Israel, works only
John 8:31…………………………………Israel, works only
Galatians 6:7…………………………..Gentiles, but is not talking about salvation, meaning it is irrelevant to the discussion
Luke 6:46………………………………….Israel, works only
Jeremiah 11:6………………………….Israel, works only

Again, why do you take scripture that was directed at Israel and try to apply it to Christians?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Judgerightly, I would like to correct what you say, but it will have to be in the appropriate thread.

This thread is about the trinity.
Again, I point out that this thread has talked about more than just the Trinity, and we're already on the subject, so just go ahead and say what you need to say.

God's Truth

Again, I point out that this thread has talked about more than just the Trinity, and we're already on the subject, so just go ahead and say what you need to say.

This is Bright Raven's thread and the rules say not to derail.

So stop now.

I would like to talk to you about those things. I do not understand why you do not want to start a new thread.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
This is Bright Raven's thread and the rules say not to derail/

So stop now.

I would like to talk to you about those things. I do not understand why you do not want to start a new thread.
Because I don't like starting threads. Why not start one yourself and tag me in it?