The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Paul explained there are two covenants, one of which is the mother of us all.

Jesus lived by this covenant and so should we.

Those who don't are not of Christ.

It is just an illustration.

Galatians 4:24 These things serve as illustrations, for the women represent two covenants.

God's Truth

Read on:

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first"

Ummm...yes He returns with those who sleep in Jesus...they are asleep...He puts these sleeping souls into the dust again and they rise "FIRST"...see? NOT "they rise again" or "first AGAIN"...or "they return again to Heaven"

Why do we need these physical bodies at all?

Our spirits live on in consciousness after the death of our bodies.

We will receive a body because OUR BODIES were taken away because of sin.

Why shouldn't we have a physical body?

We are made in God's image and God Himself had a body.

Jesus is God the invisible made visible with a body.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Keypurr, forgot about their telethon, so my call will be delayed until some other time. It'll probably be March before we'll be able to talk about this issue on the air, so I'll let you know.

In the mean-time, you can check out kgov.com/deity and see some of the verses we'll be using to discuss this topic.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What is wrong with you? We will be given an immortal body at the resurrection.

In post 5505 someone said, "Why shouldn't we have a physical body?"

It could have been you that asked the question. However, the natural body we are born with is not immortal.

A good way to lose weight is to put on a spiritual body. No mass, no weight.

God's Truth

In post 5505 someone said, "Why shouldn't we have a physical body?"

It could have been you that asked the question. However, the natural body we are born with is not immortal.

A good way to lose weight is to put on a spiritual body. No mass, no weight.

I did say why shouldn't we have a new body.

We are going to be given new bodies, immortal bodies.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is and always has been the Christ. I've shown that to you many times. They are not two different entities. They are synonymous, one in the same. Otherwise you need to take your black marker and mark out Jesus or Christ in the 258 times it appears in the New Testament. The only thing that happened at His baptism was an anointing for ministry, nothing else.

Jesus said it was His Father--

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

LA

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus said it was His Father--

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

LA
Are you saying that the Father is the Christ?

clefty

Our spirits live on in consciousness after the death of our bodies.

We will receive a body because OUR BODIES were taken away because of sin.

Why shouldn't we have a physical body?

We are made in God's image and God Himself had a body.

Jesus is God the invisible made visible with a body.

There were 3 resurrections in the OT 5 in the NT not including His or others around...NO WRITTEN TESTIMONY AS TO WHAT HAPPENED AFTER DEATH...one of them was dead for 4 days...nothing

those that rose with Him we don't even know how long they were dead? Did they all have to come back from paradise? To die again?

I think people would really be interested by these accounts and be truly comforted to know...don't you think God wants His people comforted? Send them a comforter to tell them grandma says "Hi!"

Dead know NOTHING...

keypurr

GT said that, Our spirits live on in consciousness after the death of our bodies.

I wish I could believe that. But I can't.