The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

Matthew 28:18-20
18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.

From what I read, it is and taught by Jesus.

Jesus taught to keep the commands of GOD.

popsthebuilder

You ought to be rejected if you deny the truth of the Trinity and the Deity of Christ.
The bible teaches that wholly following the command of GOD is all that is needed to be united with him.

Saying that non Trinitarians are damned is one of the biggest sins you can commit.

I sincerely hope that the holy spirit shows you the errors you make, that you might repent and be saved.

popsthebuilder

Why is it SO hard to understand the clear teachings in the Bible?

ONE name -- THREE persons:
Mat 28:19 KJV Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
And the Holy Ghost is lied to:
Act 5:3-4 KJV But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? (4) Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
They lied to a PERSON. Not a "force", etc.
No, he lied to the holy spirit which indwelled with them all. Read the previous chapter.

Right Divider

Body part
No, he lied to the holy spirit which indwelled with them all. Read the previous chapter.
Please show the "indwelling".

It does say that the were "filled with the Holy Ghost", which has to do with the power of the Spirit.
Act 1:7-8 KJV And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. (8) But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Nonetheless, the scripture says that they lied to the Holy Spirit and not to some impersonal "force".

popsthebuilder

Please show the "indwelling".

It does say that the were "filled with the Holy Ghost", which has to do with the power of the Spirit.
Act 1:7-8 KJV And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. (8) But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Nonetheless, the scripture says that they lied to the Holy Spirit and not to some impersonal "force".
Acts 4 (KJV) - ግብሪ ሃዋ
31: And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
32: And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. Acts 4 (KJV) - ግብሪ ሃዋ
33: And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
34: Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
35: And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need. Acts 4 (KJV) - ግብሪ ሃዋ
36: And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,
37: Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

Filled, not the same word but the same thing. The Holy Spirit is what writes on the hearts of the followers in Christ.

Who said it was impersonal?

Peace

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
P.S. You don't even know what "in vitro" means. Go look it up.

I do know what it means and whether Jesus was conceived internally or externally really doesn't matter, the fact is he was conceived by the Father's power referred to as the Holy Spirit.

The Father of Jesus had to supply his share of the chromosomes needed to make a human being, this includes an XY chromosome.

Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren... (Hebrews 2:17 NKJV)​

Jesus was born as human as you or me, he's our Brother.

genuineoriginal

God said there is no other. Isa 45:5
God says that there are other gods.

Jeremiah 16:13
13 Therefore will I cast you out of this land into a land that ye know not, neither ye nor your fathers; and there shall ye serve other gods day and night; where I will not shew you favour.​

Do you think He is mistaken?

genuineoriginal

Him? Why him?

The word "spirit" which is pneuma in the Greek is a neuter noun.

Paul said, "For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

So why is Jesus' Father referred to as a he?

Because in English fathers are male and males are referred to as he. Jesus is referred to as a son so he too is a he.

The Holy Spirit is never, ever referred to as he in the Greek and should not be he in English.

Go to the Hebrew if you want to assign a gender.
רוּחַ is a feminine noun.
The translation to Greek πνεῦμα changed it to a neuter noun.
In English, we do not have gendered nouns, so the Spirit of God can be considered masculine since God is masculine.

genuineoriginal

The bible teaches that wholly following the command of GOD is all that is needed to be united with him.

Saying that non Trinitarians are damned is one of the biggest sins you can commit.

I sincerely hope that the holy spirit shows you the errors you make, that you might repent and be saved.

Yes.

Since the Bible clearly teaches us to believe in Monotheistic Unitarianism, there is no reason for man to contradict the Bible and claim people that believe in Monotheistic Unitarianism according to scripture are damned.

Right Divider

Body part
I do know what it means and whether Jesus was conceived internally or externally really doesn't matter, the fact is he was conceived by the Father's power referred to as the Holy Spirit.

The Father of Jesus had to supply his share of the chromosomes needed to make a human being, this includes an XY chromosome.
Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren... (Hebrews 2:17 NKJV)​
Jesus was born as human as you or me, he's our Brother.
You're so messed up, it's hard to even communicate with you.

The Holy Spirit is NEVER called "The Father's power". He is spoke of as a PERSON distinct from the Father and the Son.

Mat 28:19 KJV Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
If you're not going to accept what the Bible teaches clearly teaches, there is no hope for you to understand the nature of God.

genuineoriginal

So G.O. believes in two seperate, distinct deities?

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.​

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

The Holy Spirit is NEVER called "The Father's power". He is spoke of as a PERSON distinct from the Father and the Son.

If you're not going to accept what the Bible teaches clearly teaches, there is no hope for you to understand the nature of God.

Very true

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
In English, we do not have gendered nouns, so the Spirit of God can be considered masculine since God is masculine.

That's true if you consider the Holy Spirit to be a person. If you consider the Holy Spirit to be a power as Luke writes, then a power is not gendered since it is not a person.

genuineoriginal

The phrase "in the name" does not indicate a person's name.
The phrase "in the name" is used to indicate someone that is acting as a representative of another person or group.