The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Lilstu

Hebrews 1:8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
8 But of the Son He says,
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
And the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom.

Hebrews 1:8 is a quotation from Psalm 45 verse 6
This psalm is a song celebrating a King's marriage, very possibly King David.
The Hebrew word "Elohim" used many times in the Bible translated as "God" means "mighty one."
Besides being used for God, "Elohim" is also used for kings, and Judges.
In this Psalm the King is an "Elohim" a mighty one, and not a God.

Rivers

Hebrews 1:8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
8 But of the Son He says,
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
And the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom.

Hebrews 1:8 is a quotation from Psalm 45 verse 6
This psalm is a song celebrating a King's marriage, very possibly King David.
The Hebrew word "Elohim" used many times in the Bible translated as "God" means "mighty one."
Besides being used for God, "Elohim" is also used for kings, and Judges.
In this Psalm the King is an "Elohim" a mighty one, and not a God.

If you consider the rest of the evidence in the book of Hebrews, the "throne" belongs to God the Father (Hebrews 8:1; Hebrews 12:2). Jesus is only appointed to sit on God's throne after he is raised from the dead (Hebrews 1:2-4).

Hence, it's more likely that "your throne (the) God" (Hebrews 1:8) was not attributing the title of "God" to the son, but was simply attributing the throne of God the Father to His son (in the same way that the Hebrew king "sat upon the throne of the Lord", 1 Chronicles 28:5). There's no evidence that the kings of Israel were ever called "God."

Thus, it isn't necessary to construe Hebrews 1:8 or Psalms 45:6 as a titular reference to a human king or human son. Hebrews 1:9 further confirmed that the title "God" refers to the One who anoints the son, and not to the son himself.

keypurr

Jude 1:25
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Also, was God's word simply a revelation of himself? Did God's word become flesh? The word was God, and the word became flesh.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Your understanding og Jude 1:25 needs fine tuning friend, please consider the verses below:

1 Cor. 1:3 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Cor. 1:2 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
Philippians 1:2 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Thessalonians 1:1 – "To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Thessalonians 3:13 – "To be blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus."
2 Thessalonians 1:2 – "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Thessalonians 2:16 – "May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who has loved us."
Philippians 4:20 – To our God and Father, glory for ever and ever. Amen."
Collosians 1:2 – "Peace from God our Father."
Ephesians 4:6 – "One God and Father of all."
James1:1 – "James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Timothy 1:2 – "Peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."
2 Timothy 1:2 – "Peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."
Titus 1:4 – "Peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our savior."
Philemon vv. 3 – "Peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Peter 1:3 – "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Cor. 1:3 – "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Cor. 11:31 – "The God and Father of the Lord Jesus knows, he who is blessed forever, that I do not lie."
Revelation 1:6 – "Who has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father."
Ephesians 1:3 – "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Ephesians 1:17 – "That the God of our Lord, the Father of glory."
John 20:17 - "I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."
Matthew 27:46 - "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"
Revelation 3:12 - "Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God."
Revelation 3:2 - "For I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God."
So Jesus did know that he has a God. As sure as bees buzz. Jesus really needed his God in order to resurrect.
Hebrews 13:20 – "May the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep by the blood of the eternal covenant."
Acts 5:30 – "The God of our ancestors raised Jesus."

Consider that we have only one true God and one Lord Jesus Christ.

keypurr

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

To understand who the true son is, one needs to understand what the EXPRESS image is. God is a spirit and so is his exact image. Jesus is the body prepared to hold this spirit image as told in Heb 10:5.

dawilson8655

In Judaism, the idea of God as a duality or trinity is heretical.

In the only codices which would be even likely to preserve an older reading, namely the Sinaitic Syriac and the oldest Latin Manuscript, the pages are GONE which contained the end of Matthew 28. Frederick Cornwallis Conybeare (1856 - 9 January 1924) Professor of Theology at the University of Oxford.
[/B]

Actually, the most reliable, earliest Greek manuscript evidence preserves the ending of Matthew as we have it now. The Latin manuscript evidence does little to comfort any other opinion. But I am curious as to what Syriac manuscript evidence Conybeare was referring to.

Source: Novum Testamentum, Aland. Sixth Ed.

Your other information is interesting and some of it I know to be correct (like the insertion into 1 John). I'd like to see your sources if you don't mind. I'm half-heartedly working a paper concerning the Trinity.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Actually, the most reliable, earliest Greek manuscript evidence preserves the ending of Matthew as we have it now. The Latin manuscript evidence does little to comfort any other opinion. But I am curious as to what Syriac manuscript evidence Conybeare was referring to.

Source: Novum Testamentum, Aland. Sixth Ed.

Your other information is interesting and some of it I know to be correct (like the insertion into 1 John). I'd like to see your sources if you don't mind. I'm half-heartedly working a paper concerning the Trinity.

I said
Maybe this will help.
Deity-Divinity

I have seen these words used in so many different context, that I had to go to the library and look in the big dictionary. To try to find out why these people are using it the way they are. It amazed me. The carnal language is dangerous because it is satans play ground. Satan can use the carnal mind, change a few words, exaggerate anything there. But the spiritual mind which is only verses, he has no power. He can only try with a piece of a verse, and this is why I tell everybody. If you ever get a piece of a verse, go look it up for verification. But he(satan) will not use a whole verse because that is glorifiing Christ. And satan is anti-christ. Now when I speak of verses I'm speaking of new testament verses, because we know that he(satan) quotes old testament verses. And yes the Holy Spirit quotes old testament verses to. But Christ is the new testament. Anyway check out these deffinitions from the big dictionary at the library.

deity 1 a: often cap : divine nature or rank: the essintial nature of a god or of a supreme being: DIVINITY

di-vin-i-ty 1:the quality or state of being divine: nature or essence of God: GODHEAD (the divinity of Jesus) a celestial being inferior to the supreme God but superior to man<one of the subservient divinities>

Now it doesnt say that Jesus is God, what it says is He is second in command, it says Jesus is inferior to the supreme God but over every other creature in heaven and on earth.
I got my deffinitions from websters new world dictionary copyright 1993

Col 2-9
I think your totally missing what that one verse was saying. It was talking about the fullness of God working through Jesus. Has nothing to do with the deity of Jesus.

Col 2:8-9
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.
9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:19
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)

Stricked Rules Of Believing
Trinity is NOT in the Word of God. Deity is NOT in the Word of God. God the Son is NOT in the Word of God. God the Holy Spirit is NOT in the Word of God. What is in the Word of God is. Dont think beyond what is written, Dont add one thing to it or take one thing away from it.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
(NKJ)
AND THE DEITY OF SATAN

xxxThe devil is a deity.

4567 Satanas (sat-an-as');

of Aramaic origin corresponding to 4566 (with the definite affix); the accuser, i.e. the devil:

KJV-- Satan.

1140 daimonion (dahee-mon'-ee-on);

neuter of a derivative of 1142; a daemonic being; by extension a deity:

KJV-- devil, god.

The only three in one trinity god in the bible is the dragon, devil, satan.

2316 theos (theh'-os);

of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with 3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very:

KJV-- X exceeding, God, god [-ly, -ward].

2 Cor 11:14-15
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

II Th 2:4
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
(NKJ)

xxx There is only one three in one god in the whole bible. Satan is useing the trinity to mock the living God.

Rev 20:2
2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
xxx There is only one three in one god in the whole bible. Satan is useing the trinity to mock the living God.
Matthew 28:19-20 King James Version (KJV)

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Looks like a Trinity to me.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Matthew 28:19-20 King James Version (KJV)

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Looks like a Trinity to me.

If the Holy Spirit is a single person is he Jesus' father?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What does the scripture say. He is different from the Father.

Most people understand that the person who impregnates a woman is the child's father. Do you not agree with that premise?

We know from scripture that Mary became pregnant by the Holy Spirit.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The point is simple, the Holy Spirit is not just one person.

The Holy Spirit is one person, God.

Acts 5:3-4 King James Version (KJV)

3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So where was the Holy Spirit when Jesus was human?
Matthew 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV)

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Are you saying the Father is the Holy Spirit?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Please explain, did all three descend on Jesus as a dove?