The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Apple7

Romans 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.

Just where do you think the Father is?

Ananias was not lying to men, he lied to the Holy Spirit manifested by the apostles.

The Father is not The Holy Spirit.

keypurr

But divine revelations must be tested against scripture. Paul was given divine revelation but he did not expect people to take his word for it. He commended the Bereans for checking what he said against scripture.

Your divine revelation falls short of scripture.

I disagree my friend. I know you care about me but I can not discard what I have been given. My love for God and his son will not allow me to not share his gift to me. I have gone over my faith many times, it matches perfectly what I see as the content of scripture. My journey into this faith cost me members of my family and friends. The price was high for most do not understand how anyone can give up on the traditions of their fathers. I put God first in my life no matter how it hurt my loved ones. It was twenty years later that I believe the spirit called my attention to the "express image" and that is the final point that to me, destroyed the Trinity doctrine.

I am sorry that I can not please everyone, but that is not my goal. My goal is to please my God by sharing and loving his people that live on this earth. If I am wrong at least I am wrong for the right reasons. My memory is starting to fade now, I guess it comes with age. amloforward

Sent from my iPad using TOL

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I disagree my friend. I know you care about me but I can not discard what I have been given. My love for God and his son will not allow me to not share his gift to me. I have gone over my faith many times, it matches perfectly what I see as the content of scripture. My journey into this faith cost me members of my family and friends. The price was high for most do not understand how anyone can give up on the traditions of their fathers. I put God first in my life no matter how it hurt my loved ones. It was twenty years later that I believe the spirit called my attention to the "express image" and that is the final point that to me, destroyed the Trinity doctrine.

I am sorry that I can not please everyone, but that is not my goal. My goal is to please my God by sharing and loving his people that live on this earth. If I am wrong at least I am wrong for the right reasons. My memory is starting to fade now, I guess it comes with age. amloforward

Sent from my iPad using TOL
John 8:24 KJV -

mitchellmckain

It is right here...

πορευθεντες ουν μαθητευσατε παντα τα εθνη βαπτιζοντες αυτους εις το ονομα του πατρος και του υιου και του αγιου πνευματος
Incorrect. Matthew 28:19 is not the doctrine of the Trinity. Yes the three persons of this doctrine are all mentioned in the Bible and in this case they are mentioned together. But that is not the same as a statement of the doctrine that these are distinct persons but only one God. Furthermore, this is an exception because most of the time it speaks of doing something (even baptizing Acts 2:38) in the name of just Jesus or in the name of God.

I prefer frank honesty to simply replacing the truth with a lie. Yes I think doctrine of the Trinity is Biblical, but NO, the doctrine (that Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are three distinct persons but only one God) isn't in the Bible -- it just isn't there. But that is not the same as saying it isn't Biblical.

Once again, like in other forums, I see lies being told on both sides to push their opinions on other people as an excuse for name calling, just because others will not capitulate to their opinions. Frankly, all this demonstrates to me is that their religion is more about power (lording it over others) than anything about God or the teachings of Jesus and Paul.

Apple7

Learn some Greek.

Learn some Greek.

Incorrect. Matthew 28:19 is not the doctrine of the Trinity. Yes the three persons of this doctrine are all mentioned in the Bible and in this case they are mentioned together. But that is not the same as a statement of the doctrine that these are distinct persons but only one God. Furthermore, this is an exception because most of the time it speaks of doing something (even baptizing Acts 2:38) in the name of just Jesus or in the name of God.

I prefer frank honesty to simply replacing the truth with a lie. Yes I think doctrine of the Trinity is Biblical, but NO, the doctrine (that Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are three distinct persons but only one God) isn't in the Bible -- it just isn't there. But that is not the same as saying it isn't Biblical.

Once again, like in other forums, I see lies being told on both sides to push their opinions on other people as an excuse for name calling, just because others will not capitulate to their opinions. Frankly, all this demonstrates to me is that their religion is more about power (lording it over others) than anything about God or the teachings of Jesus and Paul.

Mat 28.19

πορευθεντες ουν μαθητευσατε παντα τα εθνη βαπτιζοντες αυτους εις το ονομα του πατρος και του υιου και του αγιου πνευματος

Then having gone, disciple all nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

This passage contains arthrous substantives connected via kai which indicates distinction and separate referents.

However, while distinction is made between the referents, each has the same singular name.

Three Persons in one Being.

This same singular name of three persons’ baptism is the same as the Aaronic blessing in which the singular name of Yahweh is repeated three times (Num 6.22 – 27).

Separate and yet the same, The Trinity.

Apple7

In what way?

And answering, the angel said to her, The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you, and for this reason that Holy One being born of you will be called Son of God. Luke 1.35

The incarnation of God is accomplished via The Trinity:

• Father
• Son
• Spirit

Rosenritter

You just do not see things the way I do.

I believe Jesus Christ when he said he was going to his God. We know that there is only one God, so Jesus Christ is not God. You follow men, not what is in the content of scripture, you assume things that do not exist. If scripture appears to conflict prove your thoughts from all sides to seek the truth. No one has more creditability than Jesus Christ. Jesus tells us his Father is the only God, argue with him if you wish.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app
So you deny Christ's direct words, and instead substitute your reasoning to make your own sense of indirect statements. It's supposed to be the other way around, Keypurr.