The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

You're really got a get a grip old man.

The Greek PHRASE is saying that He IS GOD and not some "photo copied" God.

You're totally hung up on an ENGLISH word that is not there.

Why have you yet to explain what happened to that poor man spirit that was IN Jesus before this "photo copied image" TOOK OVER that body?
Squirt, learn to read. Sticking your head in the ground does not change what is written. You are adding meaning to words that are not there. Until you stop doing that you will never understand the content of scripture.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

You're really got a get a grip old man.

The Greek PHRASE is saying that He IS GOD and not some "photo copied" God.

You're totally hung up on an ENGLISH word that is not there.

Why have you yet to explain what happened to that poor man spirit that was IN Jesus before this "photo copied image" TOOK OVER that body?
I have explained twice that more than one spirit can live in a person. Agsin, you just do not wish to think about what was put right in front of you nose.

Rosenritter

That's only true for demonic possession. Please show us one example that is not that.
RD, I don't agree with Keypurr but it's this passage (and others) which kept me from saying that he was describing demonic possession:

1 Samuel 19:23-24 KJV
And he went thither to Naioth in Ramah: and the Spirit of God was upon him also, and he went on, and prophesied, until he came to Naioth in Ramah. [24] And he stripped off his clothes also, and prophesied before Samuel in like manner, and lay down naked all that day and all that night. Wherefore they say, Is Saul also among the prophets?

No if only Keypurr would answer my questions instead of refusing to answer....

keypurr

That's only true for demonic possession. Please show us one example that is not that.
Show me scripture that that only pertains to demonic possession. Are not demons spirits? You just do not want to expand your thoughts to see what is there.

Always ask yourself as to what could be. Stop limiting yor mind and rejecting what could be.

Rosenritter

That is a LIE. I said that a heretic teaches something that OPPOSES what the Bible teaches. Or I guess that all authors of car repair manuals are heretics.

LIE #2 for this post, your're off to a great start.

Since you've misrepresented what I said, you're up to your neck in it.

Thanks for exposing your heretical doctrine. That's pure Gnosticism.

Go study up on the Hebrew word used for ONE in that QUOTE from Deut 6:4. You might (should, but maybe not) learn that it is a one of UNITY and not ABSOLUTELY SINGULARITY. But that's probably above your pay grade.

More of the typical false accusations and "teaching". I guess it's a great benefit that God pretends to be more than one person, but really is not.

Please give us a whole new thread about how the Father and the Son love each other, but it's really just God loving Himself.

It is you that must make something as clear as "thine own self" mean something other than what it clearly means.
Post 2499. Go read it. Before you call others liars.

Right Divider

Body part
RD, I don't agree with Keypurr but it's this passage (and others) which kept me from saying that he was describing demonic possession:

1 Samuel 19:23-24 KJV
And he went thither to Naioth in Ramah: and the Spirit of God was upon him also, and he went on, and prophesied, until he came to Naioth in Ramah. [24] And he stripped off his clothes also, and prophesied before Samuel in like manner, and lay down naked all that day and all that night. Wherefore they say, Is Saul also among the prophets?

No if only Keypurr would answer my questions instead of refusing to answer....
The "Spirit of God upon him" does not say that it "took him over". It has to with guidance.

keypuur seems to believe that God can and did make "duplicate God Spirits", or some such nonsense.

keypurr

The "Spirit of God upon him" does not say that it "took him over". It has to with guidance.

keypuur seems to believe that God can and did make "duplicate God Spirits", or some such nonsense.

Here are some verses to consider about what I see the express image to be:

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the [U]firstborn of every creature:[/[/U]B]
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created,[/B] that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;[/B]

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Heb 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
Heb 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:[/B]
Heb 10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
Heb 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God,[/B] should shine unto them.
Note it says Christ not Jesus Christ.

When did Jesus get the power of the spirit Christ?

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw theSpirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mar 1:10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
Mar 1:11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mar 1:12 And immediately the Spirit driveth him into the wilderness.

Luk 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

Ponder on these for a time.

I see Christ as the created son of the most high, he was given the fullness of hos creator. He is a godlike spirit that entered the body prepared for him. It is that simple, so simple that most do not see it.

keypurr

This is referring to a RELATIONSHIP and not a spirit possession.

We know what the Bible tells us. You make addition stuff up out of thin air.

I hope so.

A RELATIONSHIP with who? CHRIST is the spirit that we can have a relationship with. We are one as he is one, in spirit. To have a relationship you need a person to have it with.

Lon

The Trinitarian doctrine states that the members of the Trinity are co-equal, for which does not agree with scriptures. "Holy Spirit" is a title for Yahwah the Father, and Christ said the Father is greater than himself.
Greater does not negate "I and the Father are one." Logic better, or better yet, stop doing it and just believe all of scripture. If you don't 'assume' you'll wind up a Trinitarian like the rest of us.

daqq

Greater does not negate "I and the Father are one." Logic better, or better yet, stop doing it and just believe all of scripture. If you don't 'assume' you'll wind up a Trinitarian like the rest of us.

It was when I stopped assuming that Trinitarianism died . . .
Actually I should say that the Father put it to death because it was killing me.
He kills and makes alive, (at the same time). :)

Rosenritter

Here are some verses to consider about what I see the express image to be:

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the [U]firstborn of every creature:[/[/U]B]
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created,[/B] that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;[/B]

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Heb 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
Heb 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:[/B]
Heb 10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
Heb 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God,[/B] should shine unto them.
Note it says Christ not Jesus Christ.

When did Jesus get the power of the spirit Christ?

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw theSpirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mar 1:10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
Mar 1:11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mar 1:12 And immediately the Spirit driveth him into the wilderness.

Luk 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

Ponder on these for a time.

I see Christ as the created son of the most high, he was given the fullness of hos creator. He is a godlike spirit that entered the body prepared for him. It is that simple, so simple that most do not see it.

Key, Hebrews 1:4 happened upon Christ's ascension. Not an act of creation.

lifeisgood

He is confused. He isn't dealing with the direct contradictions (or implications) of what he proposes. Like "I am the first and the last" or Psalm 24.

keypurr, received his 'new revelation' that no one else in the whole world has when he was not looking for it at all and he decided that this 'new revelation' coming to him all of a sudden when he was not looking is much better than what the Bible say the Bible say.

Lon

It was when I stopped assuming that Trinitarianism died . . .
Actually I should say that the Father put it to death because it was killing me.
He kills and makes alive, (at the same time). :)

:nono: It was when you decided that you were more intelligent and better suited, without a language degree, to second guess those more apt, committed, and intelligent than you. It is a lonely, selfish, audacious place to be, but by yourselves, and correcting one another, you are in good company. Think for a minute: We Trinitarians don't do this to one another, even though we may not have the exact handle on it another does, we don't dispute facts. Scripture is clear, I'm afraid, even if you are inept in reading it. Go do your own lone ranger thing, I'm not buying this kind of self-centered introversion. It is, frankly, sin, imho. No prophecy or scripture is there for/of private interpretation. Period. It is there to serve God's purpose and the purpose of the church. Self-interested "just me and Jesus" will always be self-centered cult myopia. God nor the church care for private dissentions. Pay attention to that. It is all about Jesus and His church, not you. This is why you cultists are anathema to us. This is a bit harsh, but you need to wake up and stop smelling your singular cultic stench. You even despise one another :( God has called you to a body and this includes a shared doctrine. All of Christendom is triune, and for a very good reason. Stop being inept, self-centered, shallow, and more in love with yourself than Him and His church.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
:nono: It was when you decided that you were more intelligent and better suited, without a language degree, to second guess those more apt, committed, and intelligent than you. It is a lonely, selfish, audacious place to be, but by yourselves, and correcting one another, you are in good company. Think for a minute: We Trinitarians don't do this to one another, even though we may not have the exact handle on it another does, we don't dispute facts. Scripture is clear, I'm afraid, even if you are inept in reading it. Go do your own lone ranger thing, I'm not buying this kind of self-centered introversion. It is, frankly, sin, imho. No prophecy or scripture is there for/of private interpretation. Period. It is there to serve God's purpose and the purpose of the church. Self-interested "just me and Jesus" will always be self-centered cult myopia. God nor the church care for private dissentions. Pay attention to that. It is all about Jesus and His church, not you. This is why you cultists are anathema to us. This is a bit harsh, but you need to wake up and stop smelling your singular cultic stench. You even despise one another :( God has called you to a body and this includes a shared doctrine. All of Christendom is triune, and for a very good reason. Stop being inept, self-centered, shallow, and more in love with yourself than Him and His church.

Trinitarianism is nothing more than man's attempt to describe God.

I'd be disappointed too if I spent 40,000 dollars and still didn't have a handle on Him.