The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

if Jesus was the Most High why would He need anyone to give Him power?
I'm just going off of the words of the Christ friend.

He says it was given to Him.

That alone shows that He most likely did not have all power and athority at birth.

Other verses showing that He grew in spirit and also prayed to GOD almighty seem to verify this at very least to me.

All power was given to Him upon ascension to me, but I would gladly look into any scriptural references you may have. I would also like to go over them within context; not to prove any thing, but to learn.

peace

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Lon

if Jesus was the Most High why would He need anyone to give Him power?

I'm just going off of the words of the Christ friend.

He says it was given to Him.

That alone shows that He most likely did not have all power and athority at birth.

Other verses showing that He grew in spirit and also prayed to GOD almighty seem to verify this at very least to me.

All power was given to Him upon ascension to me, but I would gladly look into any scriptural references you may have. I would also like to go over them within context; not to prove any thing, but to learn.

peace

Philippians 2:6-8 Put all these revelations the Bible gives us together. It seems the difference between triune and other positions, is how well one knows his/her bible. Read the book.

popsthebuilder

Matthew 20: 23. And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

John 17: 1. These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2. As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. 6. I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. 7. Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. 8. For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. 9. I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. 10. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them. 11. And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. 12. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. 13. And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. 14. I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 17. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 18. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. 19. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. 20. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21. That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23. I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. 24. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. 25. O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. 26. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

(Sorry for the long post, bit through out it shows that everything was given to Jesus to glorify GOD, and that GOD/ the Holy Spirit dwelled within Jesus.

Jesus didn't exactly give Himself all power. And He didn't always have all power.

Bee1

Matthew 20: 23. And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

John 17: 1. These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2. As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. 6. I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. 7. Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. 8. For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. 9. I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. 10. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them. 11. And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. 12. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. 13. And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. 14. I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 17. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 18. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. 19. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. 20. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21. That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23. I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. 24. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. 25. O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. 26. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

(Sorry for the long post, bit through out it shows that everything was given to Jesus to glorify GOD, and that GOD/ the Holy Spirit dwelled within Jesus.

Jesus didn't exactly give Himself all power. And He didn't always have all power.

You can not find the trinity any where in the Bible , so where did the word trinity come from.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

You can not find the trinity any where in the Bible , so where did the word trinity come from.

I would think it came from man contemplating the nature of GOD initially.

Then I believe the ancient Roman Catholic church saw a way to make people think it was all powerful and infallible, by placing itself as GOD the Son. The rest is history as far as I am concerned.

Where do you think it came from?

Last edited:

jaybird

it seems to pop up about the same time rome merged with the faith and around the same time Jews started wanting nothing to do with the faith. back when Jesus was teaching large crowds of Jews followed Him everywhere, rome and the trinity come along, no more crowds of Jews. maybe there is a connection??

Lon

it seems to pop up about the same time rome merged with the faith and around the same time Jews started wanting nothing to do with the faith. back when Jesus was teaching large crowds of Jews followed Him everywhere, rome and the trinity come along, no more crowds of Jews. maybe there is a connection??

Coincide-ence has not a lot to do with things. Rather, we are only concerned if such is scripturally given, and it is.

Bee1

I would think it came from man contemplating the nature of GOD initially.

Then I believe the ancient Roman Catholic church saw a way to make people think it was all powerful and infallible, by placing itself as GOD the Son. The rest is history as far as I am concerned.

Where do you think it came from?

I am leaning towards your idea , I am not a very religious man but I do cater to the idea of a creator. Astrophysics now say that the Universe did not happen suddenly but show signs of design , so that would implement a designer. ? In most fables or legends or stories lies a kernel of truth. The missing link to our supposedly ape ancestors has not be found , man went from all-fours to upright overnite along with brain size and the ability to make weapons and conquer fire ?

popsthebuilder

I am leaning towards your idea , I am not a very religious man but I do cater to the idea of a creator. Astrophysics now say that the Universe did not happen suddenly but show signs of design , so that would implement a designer. ? In most fables or legends or stories lies a kernel of truth. The missing link to our supposedly ape ancestors has not be found , man went from all-fours to upright overnite along with brain size and the ability to make weapons and conquer fire ?

Funny you mention the missing link, or jump forward; it is expounded on within the book of Enoch to me.

I would lean towards the knowledge of man being added to life and foreign in a way.

The addition of metal to earth seems indicative to such also.

Such is only thought and not meant to be taken as truth per say.

Bee1

Also I think the only time when God use the plural regarding himself was the creation of man when God use our image instead of my image , I think . So the trinity is something man made up not God. I think God said that he is a jealous God and place no one before him , but I go back to the to my pondering about scripture tampering and if one word or line is false then all is false. You can't say this is right or wrong cause you Don't know .

Bee1

Funny you mention the missing link, or jump forward; it is expounded on within the book of Enoch to me.

I would lean towards the knowledge of man being added to life and foreign in a way.

The addition of metal to earth seems indicative to such also.

Such is only thought and not meant to be taken as truth per say.

Enoch..I will go back and read it again more carefully.

Bee1

Also I think the only time when God use the plural regarding himself was the creation of man when God use our image instead of my image , I think . So the trinity is something man made up not God. I think God said that he is a jealous God and place no one before him , but I go back to the to my pondering about scripture tampering and if one word or line is false then all is false. You can't say this is right or wrong cause you Don't know .

When apple famer finds one bad apple in the crate...does he throw the one bad apple away or the whole crate...?

popsthebuilder

To discredit the fact that GOD ordains everything for our sake is to say that one misrepresented word is equal to a whole misrepresented faith.

There is exponential truth to be found within the Word of GOD; be it written or otherwise; if we grasp it now, or never at all.

Bee1

To discredit the fact that GOD ordains everything for our sake is to say that one misrepresented word is equal to a whole misrepresented faith.

There is exponential truth to be found within the Word of GOD; be it written or otherwise; if we grasp it now, or never at all.

Now lets not qibble over individual words , I mean commandments , do's and don't concerning prayers, moral decision ,ways of dress , marriage, death , what day is the Sabbath, things that make Christianity christen .