The Trinity

• Total voters

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ooooops. :up:

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
And we all know GT's definition of "repented" means "stopped sinning".

So here is how GT's theology would read:

(3) Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, stopped sinning, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

drbrumley

Wow, okay, are you now agreeing with me? Judas did not obey. Good example of how we have to obey.

But wait, you said neither were those saved who fell away. Now that is where you get off track.

Oh, but I am not off track. Judas didn't obey cause he didn't know Jesus. For if he knew Jesus, he COULD NOT disobey to the point of losing his salvation. It's really not that complicated GT.

drbrumley

Take this to heart GT

Somebody once said, if you could have it and not know it, you could lose it and not miss it. But the truth is, if you have salvation, you know it; and if you have it and know it, you can never lose it.

God's Truth

Matthew 27:3-4 KJV
(3) Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
(4) Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.

That scripture does NOT say Judas was saved. That scripture says Judas repented after he realized what he had done. When a person repents of their sins, they have to believe that they are forgiven. Obviously Judas did not and could not believe it, and so devastated, he hung himself.

God's Truth

Right, and it was because he "believed not" that he wasn't saved.

John 6:64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

See that Tambora, more scripture proving what I said.

God's Truth

Take this to heart GT

Somebody once said, if you could have it and not know it, you could lose it and not miss it. But the truth is, if you have salvation, you know it; and if you have it and know it, you can never lose it.

I go by what God says and not what men say.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
When He came in Truth and informed all that the law is that which is written on the heart and mind of the believer.

Could you provide a scripture verse that has Jesus repealing the dietary laws.

He also specifically stated that we can eat whatever to no harm, but that what comes out of the mouth is what harms.

How do you not know these things?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

What, you mean Matthew 15:17-18, Mark 7:18-19?

I see no repeal in either of those passages. I see clarifications on the law.

Have you not read what Jesus taught while he walked the earth?

I thought you said you read what Paul teaches?

Paul teaches what Jesus taught.

Here are some things you should know about what Jesus taught about food:

Matthew 15:11
A man is not defiled by what enters his mouth, but by what comes out of it."

I asked where Jesus REPEALED the dietary laws. This is not a repeal, but only a statement of reality. Clearly, food is neither clean nor unclean, except by the dietary laws. But Jesus did not repeal the dietary laws in this verse. Try again.

Mark 7:19
because it does not enter his heart, but it goes into his stomach and then is eliminated." (Thus all foods are clean.)

Ah, You're using the NIV. No wonder you're having issues.

Here is the NKJV.

When He had called all the multitude to Himself, He said to them, “Hear Me, everyone, and understand:There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that defile a man.If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!”When He had entered a house away from the crowd, His disciples asked Him concerning the parable.So He said to them, “Are you thus without understanding also? Do you not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him,because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, and is eliminated, thus purifying all foods?”And He said, “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man.For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.All these evil things come from within and defile a man.” - Mark 7:14-23 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark7:14-23&version=NKJV[/SPOILER]

I see ABSOLUTELY NO repeal anywhere in that passage.

Read what Paul says about food; it is what the Lord himself taught:

Romans 14:14
I am convinced and fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean.

Again, no repeal. In fact, if anything, Paul is reaffirming the dietary law:

"but if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean."

But no repeal. Try again.

Romans 14:20
Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to let his eating be a stumbling block.

Still no repeal.

I said repeal, GT. Not reaffirmation of the dietary law, which is what you have provided.

1 Corinthians 10:25
Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience,

WHERE IS THE REPEAL!?

1 Timothy 4:4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,

Still no repeal.

Romans 14:6
Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God

Still none.

1 Corinthians 10:30
If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?

No repeal.

1 Timothy 4:4
For every creation of God is good, and nothing that is received with thanksgiving should be rejected,

Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit,

Hebrews 9:10 They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings--external regulations applying until the time of the new order.

Hebrews 13:9
Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings, for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace and not by ceremonial foods, which are of no value to those devoted to them.

Not one. Single. Verse. That. You. Posted. Says that the dietary law has been repealed.

Care to try again?

Where did Jesus ever repeal the dietary law?

drbrumley

You are imagining false scenarios. We are warned for a reason.

Believers are in danger of losing many blessings which the Lord has provided for them. Any sin, disobedience, lack of faith, neglect of the Word of God, or prayerlessness is bound to result in loss of joy, loss of power, loss of fruitfulness, loss of fellowship, and loss of reward.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Believers are in danger of losing many blessings which the Lord has provided for them. Any sin, disobedience, lack of faith, neglect of the Word of God, or prayerlessness is bound to result in loss of joy, loss of power, loss of fruitfulness, loss of fellowship, and loss of reward.
This. Yet the one thing believers are unable to lose is their salvation.

[JESUS]For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?[/JESUS] - Mark 8:36-37 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark8:36-37&version=NKJV

Right Divider

Body part
This. Yet the one thing believers are unable to lose is their salvation.

[JESUS]For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?[/JESUS] - Mark 8:36-37 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark8:36-37&version=NKJV
This seems like a better example:
1Cor 3:14-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:14) If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. (3:15) If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
This seems like a better example:
1Cor 3:14-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:14) If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. (3:15) If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Agreed.

God's Truth

Those things you listed are a loss of salvation. What kind of salvation do you have if you lost any one of those things.

Loss of REWARD IS loss of eternal life.

The reward is eternal life.

God's Truth

There you go again, arguing over something I never said.

I said the saved are those who REPENT OF THEIR SINS.

You came on and said Judas repented of his sin.

I said Judas was not saved and his repenting later is not the repenting for salvation.

You know you are caught and are now trying to falsely charge me of arguing against something you did not say.

drbrumley

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."