The Thud Experiment

ghost

Hall of Fame
Thud! go away little man.
You have succumbed to accepting the lie that the majority of behaviors are symptomatic of biological causes. In doing so, you position yourself with those who oppose the truth of God, that man is sinful, and in need of redemption.

ghost

Hall of Fame
For the moment. You can't just stop taking them, so they have to reduce the prescription amount over a period of time. By this time next year, I hope to be off them completely.
:thumb:

Exactly right. Just dropping them can be worse than going on them for many.

I will pray it is an effortless transition.

If you get the time, check out the 15 part video series. Whether you agree with it or not, it is something to consider.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
You have succumbed to accepting the lie that the majority of behaviors are symptomatic of biological causes. In doing so, you position yourself with those who oppose the truth of God, that man is sinful, and in need of redemption.

:rotfl:

Quincy

and I'm sure it must make you wonder why it is happening to you and where the Lord is in all of this. I know it would for me.

Well, I think it can be easy to blame God for this and that, but I see it more as a test. My situation has nothing to do with God, but someone else's choices. God provides opportunity and options though. It's up to you to do your part. It's either be immature, pout and doubt him or allow the people he's placed in your life to love, help and support you, from medical professionals, to church members to family. Your own choices impact things like this as much as anything else.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It does. I avoid caffeine completely and then sugar and carbs as much as possible. So have very few symptoms, the hard part is avoiding them stuck in a culture where that is all people eat. So actually never dine out or anything like that.
No kidding.

Just imagine not finding out until you're almost 30 and already addicted to sugar from consuming it for that long.

Why did you ask people on this thread to tell you if they take medication so you could tell them how lazy and stupid they are for doing it.
That's not why he called anyone lazy. He called them lazy for not taking the time to watch the videos before discussing the issue.

shrek303

Ok ghost thanks for the video's, what do you think is wrong with a person who is hearing a vioce in their head, or who is going through a period of depression, or hates themself so much they cut themselves. What is your explanation? I challange you to answer in writting your own thoughts not recyling a video.

Once again thanks for the vids they were intresting.

gerald

csuguy

Certainly historically and even today, mental 'hospitals' are questionable places. Of course, the reason they exist is because real problems exist that they want to try to treat. Unfortunately they, like so many other doctors, are drug happy.

It would be foolish to assume that they have an excellent grasp on mental health problems and to blindly allow them to do what they want; at the same time, it is equally foolish to deny that real mental health problems exist.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Ok ghost thanks for the video's, what do you think is wrong with a person who is hearing a vioce in their head, or who is going through a period of depression, or hates themself so much they cut themselves. What is your explanation? I challange you to answer in writting your own thoughts not recyling a video.

Once again thanks for the vids they were intresting.

gerald
ghost has left TOL, but I can tell you what he has said before: those who experience these things have an unsound mind, which can be healed by Christ.

shrek303

Thanks for that lighthouse, i also agree that Christ can heal all things including a mental illness. That healing can also come through good medical practice. However some doctors do not see the whole person as physical and spiritual and only treat the physical and become fixated on drug therapies.

In my work I have seen instant healing by the Spirit and healing that has come over time through good therapy. I have also seen many people who have never been healed of their mental illness. As to why I do not know.

bybee

It is the so-called "expert opinion" syndrome from which America suffers. The idea has infiltrated every aspect of our society but it is especially devastating as it is applied in medicine and in law.
I remember a case several years ago wherein an elderly was suffering from gangrene in one of her legs. She opted to receive no further treatment and let nature take it's course.
Her doctor decided otherwise. He petitioned the courts and received permission to amputate her leg without her permission.