The Substitutionary and Representative Work of Christ on Our Behalf

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, you just don't get it! Neither sin, nor death and much less the Devil have been destroyed. Sin will exist as long as we transgress the Law. Death will always exist as long as people are born in this planet. And something cannot be destroyed if it does not exist. The Devil is only a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man. It does not exist as a living being.

When he chases you all over hell, then he will become a reality.

john w

Hall of Fame
The law is alive and well for those who are not "In Christ".

No, he didn't destroy it for those who are outside of Christ.

But for those who are "In Christ" there are no laws or rules, "Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us and took it out of the way nailing it to his cross" Colossiana 2:14.

You apparently need the law, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

I don't need it because I am already perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

"the handwriting of ordinances" is not the law, deceiver, so stop scamming people on TOL, driving them away from Christ.

john w

Hall of Fame
Anything that tells us to do something or not to do something is law.
No, you argued, as part of your premise("supporting walls"), that "the handwriting of ordinances" is equivalent to the law. It's not , and you've been shown this, numerous times, on numerous threads, to what Paul was referring-the sin debt, the "certificate of debt," the "charge against the accused,".....That, Pate, was nailed to the cross, as the custom, at that time, when one was crucified, was to post/nail the charges, against the accused, on said cross. Back then, a bond debt/certificate of debt, was cancelled, by being nailed to a post.
'"the handwriting of ordinances" is not the law, deceiver, so stop scamming people on TOL, driving them away from Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
No, you argued, as part of your premise("supporting walls"), that "the handwriting of ordinances" is equivalent to the law. It's not , and you've been shown this, numerous times, on numerous threads, to what Paul was referring-the sin debt, the "certificate of debt," the "charge against the accused,".....That, Pate, was nailed to the cross, as the custom, at that time, when one was crucified, was to post/nail the charges, against the accused, on said cross. Back then, a bond debt/certificate of debt, was cancelled, by being nailed to a post.
'"the handwriting of ordinances" is not the law, deceiver, so stop scamming people on TOL, driving them away from Christ.

Since it is very apparent that you don't know what an ordinance is, I will explain it to you.

ORDINANCE: An order, decree, or law of a municipal body. (Funk & Wagnalls Dictionary)

"And thou shalt teach them ordinances and laws, and shalt shew them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do" Exodus 18:20.

"Ye shall do my judgments and keep my ordinances, to walk therein: I am the Lord your God" Leviticus 18:4.

Like I said, if it tells you to do something or not to do something it is law.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

An execution does not do away with the law that required the execution.

Stephen was stoned to death even after all this nailing to the cross was done. Stephen fought the law and the law won.

JonahofAkron

Since it is very apparent that you don't know what an ordinance is, I will explain it to you.

ORDINANCE: An order, decree, or law of a municipal body. (Funk & Wagnalls Dictionary)

"And thou shalt teach them ordinances and laws, and shalt shew them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do" Exodus 18:20.

"Ye shall do my judgments and keep my ordinances, to walk therein: I am the Lord your God" Leviticus 18:4.

So you're saying that the 'orders' or 'decrees' that Jesus gave are laws?

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

Epoisses

Stephen was stoned to death even after all this nailing to the cross was done. Stephen fought the law and the law won.

The law was abolished at the cross where every type and shadow was fulfilled by Christ. The new spiritual law of Love reigns supreme for believers. Unbelievers like you can still return to the ministry of death and wallow in your sins. The law can't forgive sin only Jesus can.

john w

Hall of Fame

Handwriting of ordinances you fool, not ordinances.It is about the handwriting, not the requirements of the law.

=your cavalier attitude,

Slower, you fraud, who propels others away from the faith, due to your disregard for details, and sloppiness.

This "dogma"/"ordinances, was a document written in one's own hand as legal proof of indebtedness, i.e., a bond of indebtedness; a note of debt.

“handwriting”-“a note of hand, or writing, in which one acknowledges that money has either been deposited with him/her, or lent to him by another, to be returned at an appointed time” (from Thayer’s Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament).

And then later it came to refer to any acknowledgment of debt. Get it? Sin debt. That is the meaning of the word “handwriting”-an acknowledgement of debt.

Per your argument:The Greek Lexicon of the New Testament by Parkhurst gives the meaning of cheirographon: “Anything written with the hand, a bond, note of hand, it signifies a sort of note under a man’s hand, whereby he obliges himself to the payment of any debt.” In other words, a note of debt or a note of guilt. The same Lexicon shows that tois can be translated “from.”

Per your argument:
Dogmasin simply refers to law (see Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance). In this case it refers to the laws of men The whole expression tells us the Colossians had incurred a note of sinful guilt as a result of following pagan ordinances.

The record that contained the charges, was nailed to the cross-canceled. Not the law. The charges were against us....The certified copy of an execution order, which was against, was nailed to the cross.

'"the handwriting of ordinances" is not the law, deceiver, so stop scamming people on TOL, driving them away from Christ. And Paul's point-that debt was against us, or "notice of execution," not the law, as it is good, and holy, and just, and good.......

Last edited:

JonahofAkron

The law was abolished at the cross where every type and shadow was fulfilled by Christ. The new spiritual law of Love reigns supreme for believers. Unbelievers like you can still return to the ministry of death and wallow in your sins. The law can't forgive sin only Jesus can.
Cheese, come on, buddy. You know we have already gone over this. Our debt was nailed to the cross.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

Ben Masada

okay,if the law was abolished at the cross, who decided that the event abolished the law? god commanded the
law and a man abolished it. who could have been more powerful than god to undo what he did, paul.

Robert Pate

Banned
Handwriting of ordinances you fool, not ordinances.It is about the handwriting, not the requirements of the law.

=your cavalier attitude,

Slower, you fraud, who propels others away from the faith, due to your disregard for details, and sloppiness.

This "dogma"/"ordinances, was a document written in one's own hand as legal proof of indebtedness, i.e., a bond of indebtedness; a note of debt.

“handwriting”-“a note of hand, or writing, in which one acknowledges that money has either been deposited with him/her, or lent to him by another, to be returned at an appointed time” (from Thayer’s Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament).

And then later it came to refer to any acknowledgment of debt. Get it? Sin debt. That is the meaning of the word “handwriting”-an acknowledgement of debt.

Per your argument:The Greek Lexicon of the New Testament by Parkhurst gives the meaning of cheirographon: “Anything written with the hand, a bond, note of hand, it signifies a sort of note under a man’s hand, whereby he obliges himself to the payment of any debt.” In other words, a note of debt or a note of guilt. The same Lexicon shows that tois can be translated “from.”

Per your argument:
Dogmasin simply refers to law (see Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance). In this case it refers to the laws of men The whole expression tells us the Colossians had incurred a note of sinful guilt as a result of following pagan ordinances.

The record that contained the charges, was nailed to the cross-canceled. Not the law. The charges were against us....The certified copy of an execution order, which was against, was nailed to the cross.

'"the handwriting of ordinances" is not the law, deceiver, so stop scamming people on TOL, driving them away from Christ. And Paul's point-that debt was against us, or "notice of execution," not the law, as it is good, and holy, and just, and good.......

I didn't read your post because you are resorting to name calling, again.

You have a very hostile personality. You call people names because you also have a bad case of low self esteem. You like to put people down, this makes you feel better about yourself.

I will not respond to any post where the poster calls me names. You really need to go get some help John W.

Robert Pate

Banned

Stephen was murdered by a bunch of self righteous Pharisees that didn't want to be exposed for what they were.

Robert Pate

Banned
Are you saying the Pharisees had nothing to do with Mosaic law?

Of course they did.

The Pharisees said that the Torah was the way, the truth and the life. They worshiped the law, just like many on the Forum do. John took what the Pharisees said about the Torah and applied it to Jesus.

fishrovmen

I thought that the hand writing of ordinances was a written request for military weapons? What does Meshak think about that?