The Substitutionary and Representative Work of Christ on Our Behalf

Robert Pate

Banned
How is it possible, to be under a law, that does not exist, was abolished, biblical buffoon?

Pate: Well, uh, urr.....

It is abolished only for those that are "In Christ".

If you are not "In Christ" you will be judged by the law and condemned.

Are you ready to stand before God and be judged by the law?

john w

Hall of Fame
It is abolished only for those that are "In Christ".

If you are not "In Christ" you will be judged by the law and condemned.

Are you ready to stand before God and be judged by the law?

Then you either lied, or a a careless poster, hurting the faith-no other option. You wrote, in your opening post, w/o a qualifier:

"The law has been fulfilled and abolished, Ephesians 2:15."-you

And your "Are you ready to stand before God and be judged by the law?," is quite irrelevant, to my argument, and a rabbit trail,biblical bafoon.

Robert Pate

Banned
Then you either lied, or a a careless poster, hurting the faith-no other option. You wrote, in your opening post, w/o a qualifier:

And your "Are you ready to stand before God and be judged by the law?," is quite irrelevant, to my argument, and a rabbit trail,biblical bafoon.

You don't seem to be able to receive truth.

Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the law.

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believes" Romans 10:4.

Sorry that you don't believe.

john w

Hall of Fame
You don't seem to be able to receive truth.

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believes" Romans 10:4.

Sorry that you don't believe.
Sorry, that you are a satanic fool, not believing the bible, as I picked your satanism, apart, which proves that you either lied, or a careless poster, hurting the faith-no other option. You wrote, in your opening post, w/o a qualifier:

Pate-on record: All are saved, and murder, rape, theft,..................are OK, as there is no law-it was abolished.

Sorry that you are bible rejector, and satan follower, Pate, and liar, habitually, as you assert:

"The law has been fulfilled and abolished,"

Epoisses

Correct point. How can you be judged by a law that was allegedly abolished, and thus no longer exists?

Pate: Well, uh, urr,....

We will be judged by the Spirit of the law or God's love. Love is the standard for every Christian. Love is the character of God and the righteousness of Christ. Jesus gave the spiritual application of 'thou shalt not kill' and 'thou shalt not commit adultery' in the sermon on the mount. Hate and lust are a violation of God's love.

Epoisses

Sorry, that you are a satanic fool, not believing the bible, as I picked your satanism, apart, which proves that you either lied, or a careless poster, hurting the faith-no other option. You wrote, in your opening post, w/o a qualifier:

Pate-on record: All are saved, and murder, rape, theft,..................are OK, as there is no law-it was abolished.

Sorry that you are bible rejector, and satan follower, Pate, and liar, habitually, as you assert:

"The law has been fulfilled and abolished,"

I love those who uphold the Jewish law as the standard for Christians. :kookoo:

Robert Pate

Banned
There is nothing in those two verses about Jesus abolishing the law. If he had there would not have been a need for the conference.

Did you not know the law in question was the Law of Moses? (Acts 15:5)

Some times you say that law was abolished and some times you say people are judged by it. That's goofy.

If you are a Christian it has been abolished, Colossians 2:14.

If you are not a Christian you will be judged by it.

JonahofAkron

If you are a Christian it has been abolished, Colossians 2:14.

If you are not a Christian you will be judged by it.
If Messiah plainly said that He didn't come to abolish in Matthew 5:17, it means He didn't come to abolish it. Come on. Plain text is easy. That means Paul has to be talking about something else. Stop denying plain truth.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Why didn't Paul know Jesus had fulfilled the law?

Paul said, "So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ." (Colossians 2:16-17)

If the law had been fulfilled why did Paul say that the law foreshadowed things to come with regard to the body of Christ?

Robert Pate

Banned
If Messiah plainly said that He didn't come to abolish in Matthew 5:17, it means He didn't come to abolish it. Come on. Plain text is easy. That means Paul has to be talking about something else. Stop denying plain truth.

The law is alive and well for those who are not "In Christ".

No, he didn't destroy it for those who are outside of Christ.

But for those who are "In Christ" there are no laws or rules, "Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us and took it out of the way nailing it to his cross" Colossiana 2:14.

You apparently need the law, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

I don't need it because I am already perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
Why didn't Paul know Jesus had fulfilled the law?

Paul said, "So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ." (Colossians 2:16-17)

If the law had been fulfilled why did Paul say that the law foreshadowed things to come with regard to the body of Christ?

If you are already perfect and complete "In Christ". What is there to judge?

JonahofAkron

The law is alive and well for those who are not "In Christ".

No, he didn't destroy it for those who are outside of Christ.

But for those who are "In Christ" there are no laws or rules, "Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us and took it out of the way nailing it to his cross" Colossiana 2:14.

You apparently need the law, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

I don't need it because I am already perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.
Handwriting of ordinances is linguistically understood as bill of debt. Your sins were nailed to the cross. Wrong again, Robby.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

A better translation: "having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us..." (Colossians 2:14 NASB)

The law itself was not a certificate of debt, it provided instruction for a peaceful, productive life which offered salvation, eternal life.

Not by the keeping of the law but by grace through faith.

...and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. (2 Timothy 3:15)​

JonahofAkron

A better translation: "having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us..." (Colossians 2:14 NASB)

The law itself was not a certificate of debt, it provided instruction for a peaceful, productive life which offered salvation, eternal life.

Not by the keeping of the law but by grace through faith.

...and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. (2 Timothy 3:15)​
Awesomeness.

Ben Masada

You just don't get it. Sin, death and the devil have been destroyed, Romans 6:6 because Jesus is Lord. Remember, Nothing is yours if it is not received by faith.

Yes, you just don't get it! Neither sin, nor death and much less the Devil have been destroyed. Sin will exist as long as we transgress the Law. Death will always exist as long as people are born in this planet. And something cannot be destroyed if it does not exist. The Devil is only a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man. It does not exist as a living being.